IGNORED

Sunderland (Away)

MikeO

Sunderland.jpg Sunderland vs Everton TheBlues.jpg

22nd November 8.00pm

Went over for a chat about the game with the people on Readytogo.net and got a great reponse. Very friendly, no abuse and fifty plus answers to the questions I put. Copied a few below but if you want to see the whole thread it's here. Some interesting reading.

Thanks again to them for their hospitality :) .

1. Sorry for bringing it up but what was the difference between the team that got so badly beaten by your neighbours and the one that won at Stamford Bridge?

Banana Boy…In my opinion, inexperience. We have a VERY young team that Bruce is nurturing. Everybody expected Bolo Zenden to start as he’s played in some of the best derbies in the world but he never. And to be honest, the scum were more up for it on the day.

BaldockMackem…Our team simply didn't turn up, I think they got intimidated by the atmosphere due to this being the first derby for many of the players who played.

Andy.SAFC…Mentality. We went to SJP and sat back. We went to Stamford Bridge and went for it. That, plus the influence of Zenden in the midfield has transformed us imo.

2. Must be great to see a local home grown lad get picked for the England squad. How good is Jordan Henderson?

Banana Boy…He’s excellent, a certainty for the next World Cup. He doesn’t have a fault, he knows where the goal is, his crossing/passing range is immense and he can tackle. Off the pitch the lad is no bother, stays away from the limelight and getting brought up at Sunderland by Kevin Ball, there’s no chance of him slacking off and not working as hard as he is.

BaldockMackem…Very good IMO. He has some games where he is anonymous but that is natural for a 20 year old. Hopefully we can hold on to him for a few more seasons.

Andy.SAFC…It's great to see a Sunderland lad, who has came through our academy getting some recognition. It can only do the lad good, and seemed to have already had an effect on Sunday because he was back to his best. It would be amazing to see Bent and Henderson playing for England in the not too distant future.

3. If you could do like Newcastle did with Gosling and steal our players (they won't be so smug when they realise how shite he is) which three would you take?

Banana Boy…Cahill, who has been excellent for years in the Prem.

Arteta, one of the most under rated players in the League

Baines, young lad knocking on the England door and we don’t have a secure left back.

BaldockMackem…Arteta, Fellaini and Rodwell. Rodwell has a lot of potential and already looks a great player, Arteta is enough said IMO, he seems to be involved in everything and is a goal scoring midfielder, which we desperatly need at Sunderland, and Fellaini due to him destroying us at the SoL last season!

Andy.SAFC…Cahill, even though I hate the bastard for what he did to us when at Millwall, he is the type of goalscoring midfielder we really need. Bilyaletdinov, when I've seen him he's been direct, pacey, good end product and has scored some cracking goals and is left sided. Arteta. Class apart. Nothing more needs to be said, the lads is top class and would get in most Premier League teams.

4. What's the score going to be on Monday?

Banana Boy…We are very very good at home, and dont concede a lot so I’ll say 2-0 (Gyan with both)

BaldockMackem…Hmm, imo, 2-1 to us. Everton look good but we do have a good home form. Then again, we are one of the most unpredictable teams in the league so it wouldn't surprise me if we lose.

Andy.SAFC…We're a very good team at home and can beat anyone at the SoL. Hopefully we'll carry on the performance from Sunday and batter yous, but as is the Sunderland way it'll probably be tight and cagey and maybe a 1-0 win or 1-1

5. Who should we be most afraid of and which of our players worries you the most?

Banana Boy…Asamoah Gyan has finally settled in and at the moment, cant stop scoring. He’s in terrific form.

Danny Welbeck has found his feet and has looked dangerous in the last few games.

Michael Turner at the back is in the form of his life, no doubt he will get told to man mark Yakubu.

BaldockMackem…Asamoah Gyan. He is a very good player, which you will see on monday. For you, Tim Cahill. The fucker always scores against us, including that goal in the FA Cup.

Andy.SAFC…Bent and Gyan may well terrorise your defence if they click like we all hope they do. And have any of your strikers not scored in ages? Because they will score.

6. Where will you finish in the league this season and where do you think Everton will end up?

Banana Boy…I’ll be optimistic and say top 8. We’re good at home; it just depends on away results and whether or not we have our traditional mid season slump.

Everton, 5th or 6th. Definitely above Liverpool.

BaldockMackem…Us: 10th You: 7th

Andy.SAFC…7th and 8th. Dont know which way round though

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy.SAFC…Cahill, even though I hate the bastard for what he did to us when at Millwall, he is the type of goalscoring midfielder we really need. Bilyaletdinov, when I've seen him he's been direct, pacey, good end product and has scored some cracking goals and is left sided. Arteta. Class apart. Nothing more needs to be said, the lads is top class and would get in most Premier League teams.

what the fuck has this lad been smokin?! i want some

Dont fancy this game at all!

Sunderland on the up looking very dangerous with Welbeck and Gyan leadnig the line. Add this to some quality in midfield and the only queries I would have would be how good their defence is.

We need some big performances from our big players and with the shit we have been served from certain players recently they owe it big time. It wouldnt surprise me if Heitinga is dropped for Rodwell, knowing Moyes which I dont think would be a good idea. If anyone should be dropped it should be Arteta and Saha. I would be very tempted to play Rodwell and would definitely start Yakubu.

If we are behind going 50-60mins (and no one particular is having a stinker) drop Cahill back with Rodwell and get Beckford to play alongside the Yak. Also if one of our wingers isnt doing much get Saha to play as a 4-3-3 like we did at the end against Arsenal.

If we are winning get Beckford on for the last 20mins to get in behind and generally use his pace and keep Cahill relatively far forward so that we dont just keep giving the ball back. You could even keep the Yak on alongside Becks as we did against Liverpool which worked well.

My guess is a 2-0 loss im afraid.

Edited by Bailey

Dont know which way this will pan out, it depends what Everton turn up.... Sunderland are confident at the moment with an excellent win at the weekend and Gyan looks to be on fire, how we could do with him at the moment. As above lets hope he brings in Rodders and Yak and Hettinga and Saha havent been the best and at least the Yak was starting to look like he was going to hit the back of the net and causing defences problems. As above scrappy 1-0 to us with Arteta getting a pen.

Dont fancy this game at all!

Sunderland on the up looking very dangerous with Welbeck and Gyan leadnig the line. Add this to some quality in midfield and the only queries I would have would be how good their defence is.

We need some big performances from our big players and with the shit we have been served from certain players recently they owe it big time. It wouldnt surprise me if Heitinga is dropped for Rodwell, knowing Moyes which I dont think would be a good idea. If anyone should be dropped it should be Arteta and Saha. I would be very tempted to play Rodwell and would definitely start Yakubu.

If we are behind going 50-60mins (and no one particular is having a stinker) drop Cahill back with Rodwell and get Beckford to play alongside the Yak. Also if one of our wingers isnt doing much get Saha to play as a 4-3-3 like we did at the end against Arsenal.

If we are winning get Beckford on for the last 20mins to get in behind and generally use his pace and keep Cahill relatively far forward so that we dont just keep giving the ball back. You could even keep the Yak on alongside Becks as we did against Liverpool which worked well.

My guess is a 2-0 loss im afraid.

Im with Bailey on this one, especially with them thumping Chelsea. Hopefully we can crash their party but looking at some of the recent facts, it doesnt bode well.

edit: some of those facts i mentioned:

Head-to-head

• Everton have won 10 and drawn two of thelast 12 meetings in all competitions with Sunderland.

• The Toffees enjoyed their joint-biggestPremier League win against any team when they beat Sunderland7-1 in November 2007.

• Sunderlandhave only scored one goal in their last five Premier League games againstEverton.

Sunderland

• Manchester United are the only team tohave won at the Stadium of Light in the Premier League since Boxing Day 2009.

• The Black Cats have kept clean sheets intheir last three home matches.

• They have only hit the target with 32% oftheir attempts at goal, the lowest percentage in the Premier League

• And they have only had four differentgoalscorers in the Premier League this season, fewer than any other side.

Everton

• Everton have lost only four of their last24 Premier League matches.

• But they are winless in their last threeoutings.

• Tim Cahill has scored four goals in hislast seven league appearances.

Edited by Matt

Frustrating game ahead. Our defence havent looked solid enought to keep clean sheet here. Gyan and Wellbeck are real threat for us. Actually i were bit jealous that sunderland snapped Gyan, he looked dangerous throught whole world cup. We havent been good on awaygames, at least not result oriented. Actually Jags havent find hes best form, even he got national team call up vs france(he actually were bit lost there) and surprisingly Distin has been our rock on defence lately. We need good game from both of them to get sunderlands scoringchances low. We need to get back the fighting Everton and somehow, i really dunno how, to grab all 3points from this difficult challenge. Im still saying we need to bench Mikel, hes a on a really poor form atm. And i want us to start with Yak before Saha, or then put them both up in starting eleven.

Edited by LexKing

I just have one request for this game; play Yakubu and not Saha.

Yakubu had looked like he was getting back to the Yak we remember, so why the hell was he dropped for Saha? And why, when in the games Saha was brought back for Saha was absolute shite was Yakubu not brought back in? Yak may have only got one goal in his few starts but he makes us play better (he holds the ball up brilliantly and brings the midfield into the game), he's pretty much the perfect lone striker. Whereas Saha didn't do any of that. Please see sense Moyes!

Howard

Coleman-Jags-Distin-Baines

Neville

Pienaar-Rodwell-Bily

Cahill

Yakubu

OR

Howard

Coleman-Jags-Distin-Baines

Neville

Bily-Cahill-Rodwell-Pienaar

Yakubu-Saha

OR

Howard

Neville-Jags-Distin-Baines

Coleman-Rodwell-Cahill-Pienaar

Yakubu-Saha

Edited by LexKing

Everton XI to face Sunderland: Howard, Baines, Distin, Heitinga, Jagielka, Neville, Coleman, Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Saha.

Subs: Mucha, Hibbert, Bilyaletdinov, Beckford, Gueye, Yakubu, Rodwell.

FUCK OFF...FUCK OFF...FUCK OFF...FUCK OFF...FUCK OFF...FUCK OFF...FUCK OFF...FUCK OFF...FUCK OFF...FUCK OFF...i'm not even gonna fuckin bother!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: