IGNORED

Alessandro Matri

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Sky Italia has a reputation of being even less reliable than the English Sky Sports. I don't believe we're after a fourth striker in a 1 striker system. Even if Jelavic goes, I think we'll go into the season without buying another replacement. All the talk about youth wouldn't be compatible with not trusting Vellios to be third choice.

I think Sky Italia has a reputation of being even less reliable than the English Sky Sports. I don't believe we're after a fourth striker in a 1 striker system. Even if Jelavic goes, I think we'll go into the season without buying another replacement. All the talk about youth wouldn't be compatible with not trusting Vellios to be third choice.

We simply have to, even if Jelavic stays, if he has another season like last we are screwed. If he goes that leaves us with Kone, Victor, Vellios. That's a championship front line not premiership.

We simply have to, even if Jelavic stays, if he has another season like last we are screwed. If he goes that leaves us with Kone, Victor, Vellios. That's a championship front line not premiership.

Even if we did sign another striker it wouldn't be someone brilliant anyway. We don't have the finances. So, I'm in agreement with Steve. We're only going to be playing with one striker so I don't see us buying another.

add Mirallas and Deulofeu who can play there, its not close to Championship level mate.

add Mirallas and Deulofeu who can play there, its not close to Championship level mate.

Agreed

I'd say the only one of those players who in general I'd say is Championship level is Vic for the most part of His game but the rest are far above when in form.

I do think We will see far more of Vellios under Martinez as from what I've seen He's done well and looks like a very good young player to Me.

Agreed

I'd say the only one of those players who in general I'd say is Championship level is Vic for the most part of His game but the rest are far above when in form.

I do think We will see far more of Vellios under Martinez as from what I've seen He's done well and looks like a very good young player to Me.

Vic looked to be used as a holding forward (is there a better term?) against Stanley, and it worked well as he became the pivot for the other attackers. He could prove an important player.

Vic looked to be used as a holding forward (is there a better term?) against Stanley, and it worked well as he became the pivot for the other attackers. He could prove an important player.

indeed he could, it will all depend on whether his maturity level and work ethic continue after 2nd of last season.

I'm hoping Vic will learn link-up and hold up play from Kone as he's shown signs that there's a good player in there, and he definitely had his moments last season, but at his age he really needs to build on his good spells of last season and produce those moments on a consistent basis.

• 1 month later...