IGNORED

Wigan (Home)

Kev627

With an apparent jump in form to draw against Chelsea how do people on here see the game against Wigan?

With Wigan's atrocious goal difference, -15 worse in Premiership, I can see us taking all three points. Providing of course Moyes doesn't play silly buggers with the team selection! :huh:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as it looks like Saha is injured I very much doubt he will start now.

I would be very tempted to start two up front with Yakubu & Beckford BUT that would mean potentially dropping Cahill or Rodwell who both did well in the last game.

I would start both strikers, have Coleman on the right and rest Cahill. Probably not to everyones taste but I think its a route we need to explore for the future and, at home to Wigan, for me, is the perfect time to go out and show our dominance and get some confidence back in front of goal.

I would be very tempted to start two up front with Yakubu & Beckford BUT that would mean potentially dropping Cahill or Rodwell who both did well in the last game.

I would start both strikers, have Coleman on the right and rest Cahill. Probably not to everyones taste but I think its a route we need to explore for the future and, at home to Wigan, for me, is the perfect time to go out and show our dominance and get some confidence back in front of goal.

I'm inclined to agree with this, we are going to lose Tim for a while shortly anyway so DM needs to look at possible options now against (on paper) weaker opposition. If it's not working out too well he can always change things with Tim/Ossie on the bench.

I'm inclined to agree with this, we are going to lose Tim for a while shortly anyway so DM needs to look at possible options now against (on paper) weaker opposition. If it's not working out too well he can always change things with Tim/Ossie on the bench.

Lads, I wouldn't be holding your breath if I was you.

Big, Big game!Lose this, well don't even think about it.

Baines, take all the corners, take all the free kicks, interact with Pienaar and get some quality crosses in....oh yeh, if you can, can you make some more of those runs into the box.

OH, and Leighton, can you score a couple of goals, and for christs sake get back and do your defencive duties.

2-0 Everton....(Baines 2)

They havent got Scharner anymore so that has to be a positive!

I think Im right in saying that Rodellega is suspended so its a good time to be playing them, 2-0 Everton

Thought Rodallega was back? Sure I read about Martinez being pleased to have him to pick again.

Edited by Romey 1878

Head-to-head

• Wiganhave won two of 10 Premier League games against Everton. They have lost six ofthose matches, including the last three.

• The Latics' only previous win at Goodison Park was 1-0 in September 2005, whenDamien Francis got the only goal.

Everton

• They have managed only three top-flightwins this season, but have lost only five of their last 27 league matches.

• Those three victories came in the spaceof four games in October.

• David Moyes's men are winless in theirprevious six outings (D4, L2).

• If Everton lose, it would the their 100thPremier League defeat at Goodison Park.

Wigan

• The Latics have won just one of theirlast nine league matches - that was their 1-0 victory at home to West Brom on 13 November.

• If Wiganlose, it would be their 100th Premier League defeat.

• Victory at Tottenham in August is Wigan's only win in their last 15 away league games.

FFS :angry: .

Howard, Neville, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Coleman, Rodwell, Fellaini, Pienaar, Saha, Cahill

Think there'll be a stunned silence when the striker's announced (although anyone watching the warm-up will already know).

Decent team apart from that though I think...certainly should be good enough.