IGNORED

Anichebe Contract Extension Talk

Louis

He probably thinks that if Arteta can earn £75k a week for the shite performances then why cant I get £30k a week for sitting on the bench... Tbh he is about as useful. In fact he probably sees Moyes earning a fucking bucketful for the drivel he puts out every week end and thinks the same.

Firstly we dont know if them quotes are correct considering the media are generally wrong but I think he has a future and wouldnt want him to go.

The problem we have at the moment is what happens when you start giving the star players bumper contracts. We cant afford to keep giving pay rises to players who arent performing and not expect the ones who are having renewals coming up to not want considerably more. Fact of life and I dont blame him in the footballing world of today.

I recon Victors been looking over the shoulder of Louis and the yak when they've opened their pay slips.........think about it!

The difference is that the Yak and Saha have both earned those contracts on the back of producing the goods, even if niether is doing so now. Vic has never done it and has only played 12 times in nearly 2 years so does he honestly think he deserves a better contract?

The difference is that the Yak and Saha have both earned those contracts on the back of producing the goods, even if niether is doing so now. Vic has never done it and has only played 12 times in nearly 2 years so does he honestly think he deserves a better contract?

Anichebe is like every other footballer!.........He's got an agent.

Everton can't score goals, the players being tasked with finding the net.....can't!

Vics contract talks begin, what do you think his agent is whispering in his ear.

He had a good pre-season, the lads up front on the big money ( having earned their contracts or not) aren't producing, Vic's probably been told to seek a decent pay rise.

If I were Moyes, I'd say go out and earn it mate.

If Victor can get us into Europe I'd pay him £30,000 a week and sell either Saha or the Yak to help pay for it.

are you watching the same victor as me...get us into europe get real...hes been injured for 12 months on full pay and he has the audacity to ask for a big increase.

You need to read posts more carefully!

Which of our present forward do you think will get us into Europe then!

Am I watching the same Victor as you?....No ones watching Victor, he's not playing and has been injured, all we do know is pre-season he showed us a strong powerfull striker able to win headers, hold the ball and not scared to have a shot.In short he looked like he'd turned a corner.

His contract expires at the end of the season, my thought was, IF he could score the goals required(as it seems the Yak and Saha are maybe having trouble at present) to get us into Europe, then perhaps he's going to be worth half the pay the Yak and Saha are on.

What's the point of not trying a young hungry striker with a point to prove .....oh yes we could just let him go in Jan and stick with our two highly paid non-scoring strikers, then have Vic mature into a bloody good player.

He's here, he says he can do it, let's see what he can do.

ps.....you say he's been injured on FULL pay!.......so has every other player.

I think any fans booing him on Saturday should be ashamed of themselves. It's clear from the media reports that it's all rumour and conjecture, so no one knows what the real situation is. To take out frustrations at the team being shite right now on one young player is just bang out. If fans wanna boo anyone, boo Moyes, I'm afraid the buck stops with him be it players not being happy or not getting results on a pitch, that's what a manager gets paid for.

The Deal was initially 20k raising to 30k in later years i read on the OS under what the papers say, still its an initial €7k a week raise for a player who isnt a 1st team regular. Good luck to him if he finds that elsewhere at least we will be due compo if he leaves.

A U-turn??? A fucking press U-turn, not sure I've read anything from the player saying he'd rejected the offer.. anyone able to point me to it?

Victor seems fine. I had a chat with him earlier in the week,” he says.

“I spoke with him and said the figures which were quoted were wrong, but the fact is he’s been offered a contract and said no to it.

There you go!

• 5 weeks later...