IGNORED

The Winter Of Discontent.

Bill

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole Moyes thing strikes me as the last throes of a marriage. Fear of what life would be like without him bothers people more than whether being together is doing us any good. The passion has gone, the players growing up and about to move on, excitement is at a premium (rather play it safe than try, er, new positions), you're living off memories and dreading the future. I have liked Moyes a lot – he has done really well for Everton – given us a bit of pride and a bit of excitement – but he is not a great tactician (see our European campaigns) and never will be, nor has his recent intransigence over team selections made me think he really knows what he's doing now. Maybe he's bored with us? It happens. I would like to give him till the end of the season to see if he can recapture the magic but by then the old lady may be on her knees.

very nice metaphor and to go along with it.... How many marriages are failing now? Its the majority and because people wont stick together during the bad times as well as the good. All relationships will have lows but the fact is that for most of the time that Moyes has been in charge we have been on cloud nine. People want to throw that away because weve hit a rough patch?! People give up far too easily these days and will settle for a quick fix instead of seeing the tough times through.

oh, and Blue 250, please dont mention Fat Sam in the same sentence with my beloved Everton again, that scared the shit out of me...

very nice metaphor and to go along with it.... How many marriages are failing now? Its the majority and because people wont stick together during the bad times as well as the good. All relationships will have lows but the fact is that for most of the time that Moyes has been in charge we have been on cloud nine. People want to throw that away because weve hit a rough patch?! People give up far too easily these days and will settle for a quick fix instead of seeing the tough times through.

oh, and Blue 250, please dont mention Fat Sam in the same sentence with my beloved Everton again, that scared the shit out of me...

Yes mate, glad some sense remains on here.

Progress is relative to the competition, of course the team we have now is far better than the one moyes inherited. As it stands we are in real danger of relegation.

The problem I have is that he is not getting them playing with any versatility, imagination, pace. We are rigid, one dimensional and he struggles to get improvement.

The one bonus of this struggle is that the clowns on the board are in real danger of being smoked out. Moyes is using the lack of strikers and needing loans etc, bill and the boys will not be pleased about that, good!!!

From todays Echo

I hope somebody other than Tim Cahill can score goals for us and he leaves in early January so we need others to step up to the plate, he says.

We are not getting centre halves scoring for us or wingers cutting in and scoring so we need to find someone who will score.

It is not just the front players who we need to chip in.

Against Wigan Felli misssed a sitter when he headed over the bar, Coleman got through one on one with the keeper and missed, Saha got through one on one and missed, Cahill hit the post, Rodwell had one off the line, Felli had an easy pass to put Cahill in with a tap in from two yards and fluffed it, Beckfords disallowed goal and he had another easy chance but failed to control the ball. So thats plenty more than 2 or 3 chances

The first part raises my point. When he was asked about us missing chances the other day, he said Saha was a bad finish, Beckford was a poor finish and he has said it on at least a couple of occasions about Beckford in the past. He isnt saying Jagileka cant ehad it on target for toffee or Pienaar cuts inside and then hits row Z.

Regards the rest. Ill give you Felli, Coleman was a tight angle so youd fancy the keeper, Saha is given, Not sure about the quality of the Cahill chance, Rodwell given, felli pass doesnt count, nor the miss control. So thats 3 maybe 4 good chances against a team that were shite, yet they still managed at least 2 good chances against us.

Tbh its clear we wont ever agree, lets just call it a day and agree to disagree... Im sure it will re-ignite on another thread at some point anyway! ;)

PS His words recently that I have stumbled across... "Louis Saha was through against Blackpool, [Jermaine Beckford] was through in one of the other games - that isn't luck, that is bad finishing," said Moyes. "That is more to do with the way the results have been going rather than luck."

Im not saying he doesnt have a point but to say this type of thing to the media isnt good man management as far as Im concerned. Iv seen plenty of opportunities where the midfielders have had chances to slip in a striker in space but they havent. From where I am standing they should kop as much stick.

Anyway back to agreeing to disagree! :D

Edited by Bailey

The first part raises my point. When he was asked about us missing chances the other day, he said Saha was a bad finish, Beckford was a poor finish and he has said it on at least a couple of occasions about Beckford in the past. He isnt saying Jagileka cant ehad it on target for toffee or Pienaar cuts inside and then hits row Z.

Regards the rest. Ill give you Felli, Coleman was a tight angle so youd fancy the keeper, Saha is given, Not sure about the quality of the Cahill chance, Rodwell given, felli pass doesnt count, nor the miss control. So thats 3 maybe 4 good chances against a team that were shite, yet they still managed at least 2 good chances against us.

Tbh its clear we wont ever agree, lets just call it a day and agree to disagree... Im sure it will re-ignite on another thread at some point anyway! ;)

PS His words recently that I have stumbled across... "Louis Saha was through against Blackpool, [Jermaine Beckford] was through in one of the other games - that isn't luck, that is bad finishing," said Moyes. "That is more to do with the way the results have been going rather than luck."

Im not saying he doesnt have a point but to say this type of thing to the media isnt good man management as far as Im concerned. Iv seen plenty of opportunities where the midfielders have had chances to slip in a striker in space but they havent. From where I am standing they should kop as much stick.

Anyway back to agreeing to disagree! :D

Bit confused as to why Felli's poor pass or Bekfords inability to control the ball when clear through dont count as chances, and the reason we arent winning games is not because a midfielder is not making a killer pass its because we have so many players missing sitters. If we cant score then we cant win its that simple, so yeah its probably best if we agree to disagree!

A good win at City, followed by a routine (well for us a scrappy 1-0)victory against Birmingham, then a hard fought win against Stoke will set us up nicely to see off Spurs before a workmanlike performance to knock out Scunthorpe out of the cup and all in the garden will begin to look more rosy.

p.s Santa don't forget my new socks as well. :D

Part 1 sorted, now lets hope the rest follows suit. If only my tipping was as good. :P