IGNORED

The Winter Of Discontent.

Bill

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, but if you come from the glass half full side of things then you could also argue that only 5 defeats in 17 games is NOT relegation form.

Even Arsenal have lost 5 games so far.

We are showing relegation form, quite clearly!

Draw every game and you will likely be relegated, unbeaten yes, but none the less down. In terms of expectations we are the biggest failure in the league. We have been abysmal.

Look at where we have dropped points, the manager has to take accountability. Get yak fit and then drop him, no doubt he's unfit again now. Rodwell right mid, heitinga in midfield, Coleman on bench when all the fans could see how effective he would be on the wing. Arteta playing some quarter back role, jagielka lumping balls forward.

No doubt when Tim is away we will pick up points, the reason being moyes may have to change his rigid structure that everyone now knows about.

The 5th highest paid manager in the prem unfortunately is not showing any signs of wisdom his tenure at the club should. He is void of invention, change, adventure. When he does make changes they are nothing short of baffling, Anichebe on instead of Coleman, criticising a confidence shot striker in beckford when he is the only one making space and chances.

Is it time for change or do we wait for dave to rediscover his winning formula that he rediscovered and forgotten time and again.

We are showing relegation form, quite clearly!

Draw every game and you will likely be relegated, unbeaten yes, but none the less down. In terms of expectations we are the biggest failure in the league. We have been abysmal.

Look at where we have dropped points, the manager has to take accountability. Get yak fit and then drop him, no doubt he's unfit again now. Rodwell right mid, heitinga in midfield, Coleman on bench when all the fans could see how effective he would be on the wing. Arteta playing some quarter back role, jagielka lumping balls forward.

No doubt when Tim is away we will pick up points, the reason being moyes may have to change his rigid structure that everyone now knows about.

The 5th highest paid manager in the prem unfortunately is not showing any signs of wisdom his tenure at the club should. He is void of invention, change, adventure. When he does make changes they are nothing short of baffling, Anichebe on instead of Coleman, criticising a confidence shot striker in beckford when he is the only one making space and chances.

Is it time for change or do we wait for dave to rediscover his winning formula that he rediscovered and forgotten time and again.

Absolutely spot-on.

Most definately time for a change. I wonder if Moyes is following the lead of the board - don't change anything!(unless you are forced to). Most other managers in this situation would be scanning the "positions vacant" column in Prem Manager's Monthly Magazine.

Absolutely spot-on.

Most definately time for a change. I wonder if Moyes is following the lead of the board - don't change anything!(unless you are forced to). Most other managers in this situation would be scanning the "positions vacant" column in Prem Manager's Monthly Magazine.

I don't doubt for one minute moyes wants us to succeed, he is a scrapper, I do not doubt that defeat pains him. I do honestly question his learnings in terms of team selection and tactics over the years. It is unfortunate that a manager as committed who has taken us on a journey should hit such a ceiling, but thst is what he has hit.

His existence as it stands gives our board the luxury of doing absolutely nothing. The only people putting hands in pockets are the fans.

But arsenal have won 10, not 3. So you're point is useless. On current form, we're going down. I hope we find the net in this game one more time than citeh do and that Tevez doesn't play.

We are 15th, so on current form we are 15th and not going down. (its not rocket science).

A telling stat is goal diff.

We are -2. the bottom 3 are -15, -12 & -15.

Things are far from perfect but I have seen enough to suggest that we will improve. If we are not mid table by the end of Feb I will be very surprised.

I have been a critic of Moyes in the past and there are things he does that annoy me still but some of the 'get rid' talk is a bit uncalled for in my opinion. However come the end of Feb if we are still in the lower regions I will eat my words.

We are 15th, so on current form we are 15th and not going down. (its not rocket science).

A telling stat is goal diff.

We are -2. the bottom 3 are -15, -12 & -15.

Things are far from perfect but I have seen enough to suggest that we will improve. If we are not mid table by the end of Feb I will be very surprised.

I have been a critic of Moyes in the past and there are things he does that annoy me still but some of the 'get rid' talk is a bit uncalled for in my opinion. However come the end of Feb if we are still in the lower regions I will eat my words.

Clearly we have different levels of expectation. It's ironic that the two teams with -15 and -12 goal difference, we managed to score a total of 1 goal against - without beating either. We have the joint lowest goals scored at home, and have managed to score more than 1 goal at home on two ocassions - Man U and Liverpool. That says alot.

What have you seen to suggest that we will improve? We have had the easiest spell of games we will have for the season and we have won 3 games from 17, it is a very scary statistic. The manager has had as close to a full squad in years and he has proven many right (Everton worshiper) who said that he only seems to get the team playing when he is under pressure, give him options and he 'fumbles'

The get rid talk is fully justified, why isn't it?

how fickle supporters can be... If we scrape through this season, despite having on paper our best squad in years, it will only be the second time in nearly a decade where we will have finished lower than 8th since Moyes took over. We have been in Europe with this manager how many times in his reign? And you want a change because its not going our way this season?! Now i can see the reasonings behind Hughton be sacked: "oh, its not going well sack the manager. Dont care that hes worked miracles so far, we need a 'change'...". Ludicrous.

Change could be catastrophic for us. What we have now is a frustrating but often great manager who has proven that he can lead us through thick and thin. Get rid of him and bring in who? The idea is absurd and frankly ungrateful. I am finding myself doubting him this year, but I do not want him to go. Besides, if he goes I imagine our best players would leave shortly after and then we would be screwed.

Oh, I agree with Maghulls point - if we were in relegation form, we would be in the relegation zone. Its that simple, stop being so melodramatic. Thats why we have a relegation zone, its for teams who are playing so badly they will be relegated. We are not there ergo we are not in relegation form. We are not even playing that badly, we just cant score. Thats not the entire team, that comes down to 2-3 not doing their jobs right, manager included there. BUT. If we continue along this path and (important word this) Fulham, Wigan, Wolves, West Ham etc start improving (not likely from what Ive seen) then we should be worried. Until then, were having a poor season and we have to hope that DM can change a team of stragglers around and that the strikers start bagging goals.

So, in essence, people will only start worrying and calling for Moyes to go once it's too late? Makes sense I suppose.

if it gets too late. You (collective nay-sayers and doom-gloomers, not just you mate) want throw him out on the off chance?! And replace him with who?! Even if we were to go down, I would still want him as the manager who brought us back up.

I understand the frustrations, Im as frustrated as anyone, but getting rid of DM is not the answer. It would be a huge mistake. We could get a decent #2 or backroom staff who will push him to thinking, ive got the feeling hes surrounded by people who just tell him what he wants to hear. But take DM out and you can say goodbye to 4-5 crucial players too.

if it gets too late. You (collective nay-sayers and doom-gloomers, not just you mate) want throw him out on the off chance?! And replace him with who?! Even if we were to go down, I would still want him as the manager who brought us back up.

I understand the frustrations, Im as frustrated as anyone, but getting rid of DM is not the answer. It would be a huge mistake. We could get a decent #2 or backroom staff who will push him to thinking, ive got the feeling hes surrounded by people who just tell him what he wants to hear. But take DM out and you can say goodbye to 4-5 crucial players too.

I haven't actually said get rid of him tbh. 1. We can't afford the compensation to sack him. 2. Nobody else would come to a club that this summer only provided their manager with £1million to spend, and we can't afford to sign loan players :unsure:.

But to say oh I'll only be worried about the situatin in, say February, is ludicrous. He's said himself that this is his best squad he's had, but he doesn't look like he has a clue what to do with them. He refuses to change things even though what he's sending out there clearly isn't working. He's making the same mistakes over and over. He's showing no signs of growing at all. He's gone stale basically, and I am extremely worried. Not in February, but now, right at this moment.

I haven't actually said get rid of him tbh. 1. We can't afford the compensation to sack him. 2. Nobody else would come to a club that this summer only provided their manager with £1million to spend, and we can't afford to sign loan players :unsure:.

But to say oh I'll only be worried about the situatin in, say February, is ludicrous. He's said himself that this is his best squad he's had, but he doesn't look like he has a clue what to do with them. He refuses to change things even though what he's sending out there clearly isn't working. He's making the same mistakes over and over. He's showing no signs of growing at all. He's gone stale basically, and I am extremely worried. Not in February, but now, right at this moment.

Im worried now about him too, im just not worried about relegation yet. Ive got faith that he will turn it around. He will be forced to change tact on Monday with Pienaar missing and for sure once Cahill leaves for the Asia Cup.

Apologies if i lumped you with the "Moyes out!" crowd.

He will be forced to change tact on Monday with Pienaar missing and for sure once Cahill leaves for the Asia Cup.

Apologies if i lumped you with the "Moyes out!" crowd.

Will he though? He'll probably just put a like for like player in place of Pienaar, Osman or Bily. Not got a problem with that btw. And once Cahill leaves for the Asia Cup it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he lumps Fellaini up there behind the striker again and plays Johnny or Rodwell as the DM *MASSIVE facepalm*. God forbid him to do something positive. I'm sorry to say that I am fast losing (if not already lost) faith in Moyes mate.

Oh, and no need for the apology, I am pretty vocal in my criticisms on Moyes after all :P.

Selective stats are fun.

No-one has conceded fewer away goals than us.

Does that say anything :mellow: ?

Nothing fun about our stats Mike, because the one statistic you are placed in the league is how many points you have.

Selective stats? ah you mean whether or not you represent the prosecution or the defence. I'm neither. I'm an analyst by profession. If things are going well, what are we doing well and what can we improve to make things better. If things aren't going well, where are we going wrong?

Are things going well? I'm going to say no. Therefore highlighting the fewest conceded away goals is not in my interest, it is the fact that we have one of the poorest home records, joining the elite company of West Ham, Blackpool and Wigan.

I was the instigator of this topic but i for one have never mentioned getting rid of Moyes in this thread, i am showing my disappointment by saying this squad has seen its best days, and Moyes will have to start from scratch again.

At least 4 or 5 players will have to be moved on and be replaced by fresh Younger players, at least 3 of the "STRIKERS" should be amongst them, Saha, Yakubu, Anichebe have contributed nothing to the team this season, and Bilyeletdinov and Heitanga are clearly not in the managers plans.

I think its time to give Gueye a run on the left, basicly to see if he can do it or if we have to buy someone else to replace Pienaar, in the meantime Pienaar can play the other wing.

I feel sorry for Moyes who at one time was probably only 2 more decent players away from pushing for the top 4 every season, but with no money for any additions, i can see this squad breaking up and maybe its a good thing all round.

I was the instigator of this topic but i for one have never mentioned getting rid of Moyes in this thread, i am showing my disappointment by saying this squad has seen its best days, and Moyes will have to start from scratch again.

At least 4 or 5 players will have to be moved on and be replaced by fresh Younger players, at least 3 of the "STRIKERS" should be amongst them, Saha, Yakubu, Anichebe have contributed nothing to the team this season, and Bilyeletdinov and Heitanga are clearly not in the managers plans.

I think its time to give Gueye a run on the left, basicly to see if he can do it or if we have to buy someone else to replace Pienaar, in the meantime Pienaar can play the other wing.

I feel sorry for Moyes who at one time was probably only 2 more decent players away from pushing for the top 4 every season, but with no money for any additions, i can see this squad breaking up and maybe its a good thing all round.

I think its a bit harsh on Anichebe to say he has contributed nothing when he has been injured for most of it!

The other points you mention are the problem we have with Moyes at the helm at the moment. Saha hasnt showed anything and played whilst Yakubu has and he is benched. Billy & Heitinga have shown a promise (mostly the latter) but they arent persevered with in their correct positions. Gueye wont get a run out unless Pienaar, Arteta, Osman, Billy, Coleman & Rodwell all get injured meaning he has no nother option.

Our current team is good enough for top 4, without a shadow of a doubt, never mind 2 more players. If he got these 2 more, nothing would change because the same problems would arise just with different faces. Its not like these are recent problems, they have been around in patches for the last few years, only this time we dont have an excuse and Moyes is failing to change things positively.

When we play best we play quickly, we press people high up the pitch, dont let them settle and get right in their faces, just like we did against Liverpool. Remember Osman and Arteta chasing everything down, causing error after error from the opposition and Yakubu bounding off defenders? Where has that been since then? Where has that passion gone? At the moment we sit back and let teams play far too much, and then when we win the ball everyone is too deep, we play it too slow or we lump it forward. People say we have played well but we havent. We have been terrible in virtually every 1st 45mins and only shown small glimpses of revival in patches of the 2nd half. Yes we could have scored more goals but we also could have conceeded more.

In an ideal world I wouldnt want Moyes to leave, as with him in charge we have flourished, we have played positively and gone after teams but this current version of Moyes is the negative, safe and tactically inept one that comes out once a season and sees us in the shit. But as I type that the realisation comes that if we manage to turn it around this year, it will only happen again next year. Its not good enough.

...... that comes down to 2-3 not doing their jobs right, manager included there.....

Sorry Matt, you said it all in just a few words. This is a tough league to be in, it's "take no prisoners" stuff. No club can afford the luxury of people not pulling their weight, especially the manager. Not saying he's not trying, but the record of the past 3 years or so says to be that he's lost his way big time in team selection and tactics.

Someone said earlier about us having the lowest goals against - that must mean something. Well, yes it does. It says that Moyes knows how to organise a defence (he was a defender too you know!) However the 'goals for' column is looking pretty fooking sad and that really does say something. A season of low scoring draws will send you down to the Championship. Enough said.

This has gone on for a few years now and Moyes hasn't learned a thing. Forget 'oh we'll come right in Feb' or some such. The time to fix it is now, not when we're in such dire shit only a miracle could save us(shades of West Ham), and if by some miracle we did survive, we'd do it all again next season.

Sorry Mr. Moyes, time to go.

Edited by MikeO

The whole Moyes thing strikes me as the last throes of a marriage. Fear of what life would be like without him bothers people more than whether being together is doing us any good. The passion has gone, the players growing up and about to move on, excitement is at a premium (rather play it safe than try, er, new positions), you’re living off memories and dreading the future. I have liked Moyes a lot – he has done really well for Everton – given us a bit of pride and a bit of excitement – but he is not a great tactician (see our European campaigns) and never will be, nor has his recent intransigence over team selections made me think he really knows what he’s doing now. Maybe he’s bored with us? It happens. I would like to give him till the end of the season to see if he can recapture the magic but by then the old lady may be on her knees.

The whole Moyes thing strikes me as the last throes of a marriage. Fear of what life would be like without him bothers people more than whether being together is doing us any good. The passion has gone, the players growing up and about to move on, excitement is at a premium (rather play it safe than try, er, new positions), you’re living off memories and dreading the future. I have liked Moyes a lot – he has done really well for Everton – given us a bit of pride and a bit of excitement – but he is not a great tactician (see our European campaigns) and never will be, nor has his recent intransigence over team selections made me think he really knows what he’s doing now. Maybe he’s bored with us? It happens. I would like to give him till the end of the season to see if he can recapture the magic but by then the old lady may be on her knees.

Quality metaphor...puts the point very well.

Confucious is an evertonian, get it there!

Quality analogy.

Sorry Matt, you said it all in just a few words. This is a tough league to be in, it's "take no prisoners" stuff. No club can afford the luxury of people not pulling their weight, especially the manager. Not saying he's not trying, but the record of the past 3 years or so says to be that he's lost his way big time in team selection and tactics.

Someone said earlier about us having the lowest goals against - that must mean something. Well, yes it does. It says that Moyes knows how to organise a defence (he was a defender too you know!) However the 'goals for' column is looking pretty fooking sad and that really does say something. A season of low scoring draws will send you down to the Championship. Enough said.

This has gone on for a few years now and Moyes hasn't learned a thing. Forget 'oh we'll come right in Feb' or some such. The time to fix it is now, not when we're in such dire shit only a miracle could save us(shades of West Ham), and if by some miracle we did survive, we'd do it all again next season.

Sorry Mr. Moyes, time to go.

He has learnt what we all know and that is that we desperately need a striker. Unfrotunately we dont have the money and that is hardly Moysies fault.

It really grips my shit people calling for Moysies head, who are you going to replace him with? Who would want the job knowing that thier hands will be tied financially?

The fact is Moyse is the best man for the job

He has learnt what we all know and that is that we desperately need a striker. Unfrotunately we dont have the money and that is hardly Moysies fault.

It really grips my shit people calling for Moysies head, who are you going to replace him with? Who would want the job knowing that thier hands will be tied financially?

The fact is Moyse is the best man for the job

Tbh im getting fed up with all the 'its the strikers fault' comments... Yes we have missed a couple of chances here and there but EVERY striker does that, its just that we arent creating enough opportunities in general and that is down to a lot more than the 3 strikers we have in the first team.

Im certainly not say the strikers have been brilliantly but they can only go on the service they get and I dont think Moyes going to the press constantly slagging them off (Saha less so) is going to encourage them to start scoring. As I have said previously we have always had trouble with goal scoring bar one patch a couple of years ago when Yakubu was introduced to the team. Its not a new problem, its not down to the quality of our strikers. It doesnt help that they arent in form but to lay the blame on them is too simplistic and doesnt take into account the many other issues surrounding it.

From where I am sitting, I dont think there are many strikers out there that would improve us as a team. The ones way out of price range would create something out of nothing and get us a goal that way but at the end of the day that would still just be papering over the cracks.

Btw this isnt a dig at you DMM, its a general point I wanted to raise.

Tbh im getting fed up with all the 'its the strikers fault' comments... Yes we have missed a couple of chances here and there but EVERY striker does that, its just that we arent creating enough opportunities in general and that is down to a lot more than the 3 strikers we have in the first team.

Im certainly not say the strikers have been brilliantly but they can only go on the service they get and I dont think Moyes going to the press constantly slagging them off (Saha less so) is going to encourage them to start scoring. As I have said previously we have always had trouble with goal scoring bar one patch a couple of years ago when Yakubu was introduced to the team. Its not a new problem, its not down to the quality of our strikers. It doesnt help that they arent in form but to lay the blame on them is too simplistic and doesnt take into account the many other issues surrounding it.

From where I am sitting, I dont think there are many strikers out there that would improve us as a team. The ones way out of price range would create something out of nothing and get us a goal that way but at the end of the day that would still just be papering over the cracks.

Btw this isnt a dig at you DMM, its a general point I wanted to raise.

Lol I disagree with you on just about everything you say there

If you bother to listen to a word Moyse says you would know that he isnt just blaming the forwards he is blaming the entire team for the lack of goals and he is perfectly right to do so

In almost every game this season we have created chances galore, we just arent putting any of them away. How you can say that there arent many strikers out there that would improve us is bizzare I would say that there arent many strikers in the Prem as bad as ours are at the moment so they would probably all improve us!

Lol I disagree with you on just about everything you say there

If you bother to listen to a word Moyse says you would know that he isnt just blaming the forwards he is blaming the entire team for the lack of goals and he is perfectly right to do so

In almost every game this season we have created chances galore, we just arent putting any of them away. How you can say that there arent many strikers out there that would improve us is bizzare I would say that there arent many strikers in the Prem as bad as ours are at the moment so they would probably all improve us!

Lol fair enough

From the Moyes interviews I have heard he only ever singles out the strikers as missing the chances. He might say that the team are playing bad but he will then say Saha missed this, Beckford missed that, which is true but also unnessecary in my eyes. He never says Arteta had plenty of attempts to slip someone in and passed sideways instead, or Pienaar keeps giving the ball away on the edge of the opposition area.

We may have created chances but how many have been realistic goal scoring opportunities? Not that many, probably as many as the opposition. Wigan had a couple of really good chances against us and bar the dissalowed goal we probably also had 2, maybe at a push 3. Then look at how many of the fell to strikers, maybe one?

If another stiker came in, they would only encounter the same problems. Beattie found it, AJ found it, Yakubu has and now Saha and Beckford. In their time they are all more or less guarenteed at least 10+ goals a season (maybe different for Beckford). Also last year look how many Saha goals came from outside the area where he just had a pop as opposed to a properly worked chance, probably a 1/3? Im not saying there is anything wrong with that and we shouldnt always need a good chance to score a goal but what I am saying is that we have regularly had problems creating chances, real chances. There have been patches where this has been different but this lack of chances has been an underlying theme for a while and isnt purely because our current strikers arent scoring.

Lol fair enough

From the Moyes interviews I have heard he only ever singles out the strikers as missing the chances. He might say that the team are playing bad but he will then say Saha missed this, Beckford missed that, which is true but also unnessecary in my eyes. He never says Arteta had plenty of attempts to slip someone in and passed sideways instead, or Pienaar keeps giving the ball away on the edge of the opposition area.

We may have created chances but how many have been realistic goal scoring opportunities? Not that many, probably as many as the opposition. Wigan had a couple of really good chances against us and bar the dissalowed goal we probably also had 2, maybe at a push 3. Then look at how many of the fell to strikers, maybe one?

If another stiker came in, they would only encounter the same problems. Beattie found it, AJ found it, Yakubu has and now Saha and Beckford. In their time they are all more or less guarenteed at least 10+ goals a season (maybe different for Beckford). Also last year look how many Saha goals came from outside the area where he just had a pop as opposed to a properly worked chance, probably a 1/3? Im not saying there is anything wrong with that and we shouldnt always need a good chance to score a goal but what I am saying is that we have regularly had problems creating chances, real chances. There have been patches where this has been different but this lack of chances has been an underlying theme for a while and isnt purely because our current strikers arent scoring.

From todays Echo

“I hope somebody other than Tim Cahill can score goals for us and he leaves in early January so we need others to step up to the plate,” he says.

“We are not getting centre halves scoring for us or wingers cutting in and scoring so we need to find someone who will score.

“It is not just the front players who we need to chip in.”

Against Wigan Felli misssed a sitter when he headed over the bar, Coleman got through one on one with the keeper and missed, Saha got through one on one and missed, Cahill hit the post, Rodwell had one off the line, Felli had an easy pass to put Cahill in with a tap in from two yards and fluffed it, Beckfords disallowed goal and he had another easy chance but failed to control the ball. So thats plenty more than 2 or 3 chances

Maybe the marriage is having a little wobble!....but please remember 'Fat Sam' is now foot loose and fancy free.He's one of many floozies, who would jump at the chance of a three year contract with Everton.

The players/children who are 'growing up' and about to move on can hardly be blamed on Moyes, if we were a rich club, he would just give them more pocket money.

He's spent what money he's had buying in Bily and Johny, both looked good on paper, but they haven't exactly paid off, that could happen to any manager.

Some of our better players are off form, Arteta, Jags, Saha, maybe The Yak, I'm pretty sure Moyes is just as pissed of about this as us, add to those the above mentioned Bily and Jonny, and this 'best squad' we've had for years is going to struggle.

I have a gut feeling that if the 'players' get it togeher and start performing then we should finish top 8, and if they do I for one would be happy to see what he does with another year.

bit of a random post but... my uncle lives in newcastle and used to be joey bartons form tutor back in liverpool, he meets him ever so often as they keep in touch. he met him last week and, both being blue noses, was chattin about everton and transfers etc. this is basically what he said-

apparently pienaar is very likely to join spurs, may even have signed some sort of pre contract type thing with them.

it is true that bayern are very interested in bainsey, though what baines himself thinks i dont know...

there is literally no money at all in the club, so there would be no replacement for pienaar at the end of the season

apparently barton himself would absolutely love to play for us, but as we have no money wouldnt be able to get him even if we wanted.

I know its all pretty much been said before but just thought id put it in here as you might be interested, just putting down what ive been told.

bit of a random post but... my uncle lives in newcastle and used to be joey bartons form tutor back in liverpool, he meets him ever so often as they keep in touch. he met him last week and, both being blue noses, was chattin about everton and transfers etc. this is basically what he said-

apparently pienaar is very likely to join spurs, may even have signed some sort of pre contract type thing with them.

it is true that bayern are very interested in bainsey, though what baines himself thinks i dont know...

there is literally no money at all in the club, so there would be no replacement for pienaar at the end of the season

apparently barton himself would absolutely love to play for us, but as we have no money wouldnt be able to get him even if we wanted.

I know its all pretty much been said before but just thought id put it in here as you might be interested, just putting down what ive been told.

So Barton is kept informed by...

The Tottenham board & Steven Pienaar.

The Bayern Munich board on their targets.

The Everton board on their financial details.

OK :huh: (though it sounds to me like he forms his views by reading the same shite in the tabloids and on the 'net as us mere mortals :) ).

So Barton is kept informed by...

The Tottenham board & Steven Pienaar.

The Bayern Munich board on their targets.

The Everton board on their financial details.

OK :huh: (though it sounds to me like he forms his views by reading the same shite in the tabloids and on the 'net as us mere mortals :) ).

you may well be correct, though i think he is in contact with a couple of the everton lads, including baines and ossie...

as i said just passing on what ive been told, honestly not bullshitting haha but i do agree joey barton is not the most reliable of sources :P

my uncle used to teach tony hibbert too, shame he aint in contact with him instead :D