IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had to go down to Hampshire today. Worked out my route using mainly B roads, avoiding motorways major A roads. Had a really good journey, not a lot of traffic and very pleasant scenery. Coming back, as I reached the M3 I made a last minute decision to change my route to M3, M25, M4. Middle of the afternoon, what could go wrong!!!! M3 was roadworks (50mph limit) all the way to the M25 (30 miles). M25 was stationary, all five lanes. It took me an hour to do five miles to the next junction when I left the motorway and went cross country anyway. Took me over twice as long coming back as it did going.

Bit of good news, finally got my driving licence back from DVLA, gits.

Bit of shit news is I am now desperate to get a new job. I work for total bastards.

A little bit of annoying new. My main computer is playing up again. Shitty thing as it is.

Managed to finally get my new pushbike all together and it is now ready for use, but as I am working until midnight for a while I have no idea when I will be able to give it a go.

Agreeing to take my daughter plus grandkids to the airport in the morning. 6.00am start :(.

But you can't say no can you? Just short of 200 miles all in; and then the same when I pick them up in a fortnight. Joy.

You'll be part of their magic journey mate that they will always remember started with you

Which will make the tiredness headache over excessive noise and constant "are we there yet" all worth while

Hope that took the edge off what's likely to be a hellish journey ?

Seriously though I love the first part of a holiday whether that be a cab or lift to the airport or train station (In Paris at the moment)

You'll be part of their magic journey mate that they will always remember started with you

Which will make the tiredness headache over excessive noise and constant "are we there yet" all worth while

Hope that took the edge off what's likely to be a hellish journey

Seriously though I love the first part of a holiday whether that be a cab or lift to the airport or train station (In Paris at the moment)

Actually agree with all of that Paul; remember as a kid me and my brother used to walk around the kitchen table at daft o'clock waiting for the moment to leave.

Was fine this morning (two year old's meltdown in the car park aside, oh and him trying to grab the gear stick at 90mph on the motorway, he was sat in the front with me and had managed to get an arm free from his straps). Airport was nice and quiet so they checked in quickly and I took them as far as security, but still £5 for half an hours parking? Criminal.

Appliances and other electronic shite

Just before going on holiday the missus decided to drop a glass biscuit jar on the glass hob which left a crack the size of Lisa Tarbucks arse which I said I'd sort when we get back

Get back late last night after missing a connection at Euston back to Preston folded the pram which had the missus's jacket under with her phone in the pocket... crack new screen and LCD needed!!

Wake up to do all the usual washing and case malarkey for the combi washer dryer to pack up!!

Absolute bastard after spending a small fortune whilst away so the world can kindly piss off today :(

Appliances and other electronic shite

Just before going on holiday the missus decided to drop a glass biscuit jar on the glass hob which left a crack the size of Lisa Tarbucks arse which I said I'd sort when we get back

Get back late last night after missing a connection at Euston back to Preston folded the pram which had the missus's jacket under with her phone in the pocket... crack new screen and LCD needed!!

Wake up to do all the usual washing and case malarkey for the combi washer dryer to pack up!!

Absolute bastard after spending a small fortune whilst away so the world can kindly piss off today :(

Jeez, pile of shit that mate, heart goes out.

Latest Windows 10 update, been running for about an hour now and still only 38% done.

I had one some months ago which also took a long time. Haven't had one recently though. The thing that annoys me is that you don't get any warning, it just dumps you out. I was watching cricket on Sky go when it dumped me out.

Cars.

What is it with me and cars? Clutch smelled of burning, thought it best to get it checked out after work. On the way to the garage the bloody thing gave up totally. Managed to free wheel the rest of the way to the garage. They didn't have one in stock. Then it turns out that my model of car has either one type that is a bit pricey and one that costs a fortune...... Guess which one my car has...... Second opinion agreed. Car can not be moved under it's own steam now so I have to get it done. Going to cost money I don't have to fix it. :shaking fist:

Cars I feckin hate the bastards :crying:

Cars.

What is it with me and cars? Clutch smelled of burning, thought it best to get it checked out after work. On the way to the garage the bloody thing gave up totally. Managed to free wheel the rest of the way to the garage. They didn't have one in stock. Then it turns out that my model of car has either one type that is a bit pricey and one that costs a fortune...... Guess which one my car has...... Second opinion agreed. Car can not be moved under it's own steam now so I have to get it done. Going to cost money I don't have to fix it. :shaking fist:

Cars I feckin hate the bastards :crying:

I'm impressed you smelled burning and knew it was the clutch, in the same situation I'd turn up the A/C and pretend nothing was wrong (like hearing wheel bearings go and turning up the CD player as I did recently).

I feel your pain Rubes amongst all the other shite I had to sort I posted above when coming back off holiday we went for a little trip to Lytham beach with the kids the other day then some grub, lovely day.... get back in the car set off engine management light comes on "engine fault"

I've had it before when I had the egr valve blanked off to cure it so this a new problem, Comes in 3's my arse!!

I'm impressed you smelled burning and knew it was the clutch, in the same situation I'd turn up the A/C and pretend nothing was wrong (like hearing wheel bearings go and turning up the CD player as I did recently).

That happened to me a while ago, I watched them scatter across the car park. It cost over £300 to have fixed.

I feel your pain Rubes amongst all the other shite I had to sort I posted above when coming back off holiday we went for a little trip to Lytham beach with the kids the other day then some grub, lovely day.... get back in the car set off engine management light comes on "engine fault"

I've had it before when I had the egr valve blanked off to cure it so this a new problem, Comes in 3's my arse!!

Seems it does, on the bike this morning and something started flashing on the speedo dial, too small for me to read without my glasses; just getting home and my lad happened to be walking up the road so I asked him what it said. "Maintainance" :dry:.

Seems it does, on the bike this morning and something started flashing on the speedo dial, too small for me to read without my glasses; just getting home and my lad happened to be walking up the road so I asked him what it said. "Maintainance" :dry:.

Could be a service indication Mike not a fault? Worth a Google mate

I smelled burning in my works van a few years ago, thought I could probably make it back to the depot (about 3 miles).....smell soon turned into smoke through the dashboard, still thought maybe I could make it back.....flame through the vents convinced me I couldn't.

This led to a hasty bale out.Cab was completely gutted!

When the recovery truck came to 'recover', the driver commented that how I'd parked it was going to make it awkward for him.

I 'commented' that as I was parking it " the smoke and flames had kind off made it awkward for me to park nicely "!

I smelled burning in my works van a few years ago, thought I could probably make it back to the depot (about 3 miles).....smell soon turned into smoke through the dashboard, still thought maybe I could make it back.....flame through the vents convinced me I couldn't.

This led to a hasty bale out.Cab was completely gutted!

When the recovery truck came to 'recover', the driver commented that how I'd parked it was going to make it awkward for him.

I 'commented' that as I was parking it " the smoke and flames had kind off made it awkward for me to park nicely "!

Wow, that's quite a story! Only thing I've got that comes close was when I was muuuch younger, commuting into work in London along the A3 Kingston by-pass on my bike. Absolutely chaotic bit of road back then (probably still is); sometimes two lanes sometimes three, very narrow lanes and madness in the rush hour. I was in the outside lane doing about 80mph with all lanes absolutely solid with fast moving traffic when my throttle cable snapped so I went immediately to tick-over. Managed somehow to navigate my way to the kerb as I gradually lost momentum but I had to buy some new pants afterwards.