IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

It'll come with age young Jedi... beer on a session but for me, you can't beat a glass of red!

I've recently discovered wine. Not such a fan of white but I do enjoy a bit of red with a meal. I think it may also have something to do with spending a few months in France!

As for grinding gears,

YOLO.

mmmm, Macallan and Laphroaig smile.png

Talisker is my favourite....been to the distillery on Skye.

One of the great evenings of my life was doing a tasting of every malt behind the bar of a hotel on Rannoch Moor with the owner. Me and my mate were on a motor bike/camping holiday and looked as rough as shit and the owner was well posh but he was brilliant! Happy days.

Talisker is my favourite....been to the distillery on Skye.

One of the great evenings of my life was doing a tasting of every malt behind the bar of a hotel on Rannoch Moor with the owner. Me and my mate were on a motor bike/camping holiday and looked as rough as shit and the owner was well posh but he was brilliant! Happy days.

18yr old Talisker was the 1st bottle i ever bought, beautiful stuff smile.png

what grinds my gears? not having any in the house now :(

Edited by Matt

Rafa Nadal, fecking hate him, but I'll leave him alone today. Ferrer had a chance to to break him in the first set an flapped it, should have just fainted injury as he didn't even try after that, completely lacked in passion, should just retire if he's not even going to try. He's a better player than the likes of Tsonga, but with half the heart. Disgrace of a performance.

Typing covering letters and answering questions like, why you want to work for where ever and is this role? They do realise that people don't just apply to one place, and all we fill in them boxes is a load of BS!? Also tweaking my CV for different roles. My grammatical skills are awful so it takes me ages rewording all the self fellatio business they do on their homepages.

Typing covering letters and answering questions like, why you want to work for where ever and is this role? They do realise that people don't just apply to one place, and all we fill in them boxes is a load of BS!? Also tweaking my CV for different roles. My grammatical skills are awful so it takes me ages rewording all the self fellatio business they do on their homepages.

I kinda' don't understand why the ask that question because what everyone puts is bullshit. Most people if they were telling the truth would just say 'because the money is good and I fancy living the high-life'.

I did actually answer once 'because I'm temporarily unemployed and the £24,000 a year sounds quite appealing and I don't want to be on the welfare line like some bum', they just smiled. (I was told I had been unsuccessful in my application some days later), but at least I wasn't being disingenuous or anything, I didn't see any real harm done.

Oh just fine, I just got Channel 3 on the said TV and lo and behold the fat fucking slug Chiles is doing commentary dry.png each passing week I'm getting more frustrated with this individual, why can't they find someone like Mark Bright or Waddle to do these things, I just turned off audio etc.

I disagree a little on the topic of covering letters and the question 'Why do you want to work here?'. I think they help employers, who probably receive a lot of applications. Those that start: "I want this job cos im a hardworking person and im trustworthy and am good at following instructions" can go straight into the no pile, no time wasted! If they can't put the time/effort into writing a good short paragraph, why waste your time reading the rest of the CV.

Hay fever has been bad these last couple of days, it's a pain in the arse!

Also, trying to learn French....Je suis la merde shaking%20fist.png

Edited by Kohen

what are you meant to write? they're on our company interview script...i never use it..absolute anal questions that some office nob sack has come up with...completely pointless..people want a job cos they want a job..if they are good enough to do it i couldn't give a toss the reason other than money that they wanted a job

I disagree a little on the topic of covering letters and the question 'Why do you want to work here?'. I think they help employers, who probably receive a lot of applications. Those that start: "I want this job cos im a hardworking person and im trustworthy and am good at following instructions" can go straight into the no pile, no time wasted! If they can't put the time/effort into writing a good short paragraph, why waste your time reading the rest of the CV.

Hay fever has been bad these last couple of days, it's a pain in the arse!

Also, trying to learn French....Je suis la merde shaking%20fist.png

Anything other than money, salary, or 9-5, and they are just getting their time wasted reading absolute bullshit.