• Seamus Coleman
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Tim Cahill
    • Aiyegbeni Yakubu

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Baines 124

Distin 86

Pienaar 82

Cahill 82

Coleman 81

Yakubu 47

Howard 44

Fellaini 39

Jagielka 25

Osman 17

Arteta 12

Hibbert 7

Beckford 7

Rodwell 7

Neville 6

Gueye 3

Bilyaletdinov 2

Heitinga 2

MOTM winners....

Man City (A)...Tim Howard

Wigan (H)...Seamus Coleman

Chelsea (A)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (H)...Tim Cahill

Sunderland (A)...Steven Pienaar

Arsenal (H)...Seamus Coleman

Bolton (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackpool (A)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (H)...Ayegbeni Yakubu

Spurs (A)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (H)...Tim Cahill

Birmingham (A)...Leon Osman

Fulham (A)...Steven Pienaar

Brentford (A)...Seamus Coleman

Newcastle (H)...Sylvain Distin

Manchester United (H)...Tim Howard

Aston Villa (A)...Leighton Baines

Huddersfield (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

Scott Parker by far and away the best player on the pitch today.

Coleman had a good game, worked hard taking players on down the wing and took his goal well.

I've gone for Pienaar as I thought he worked very hard, played some decent stuff and between him and Coleman looked most likely to create something.

Fellaini played pretty well as well while Arteta was pretty woeful.

Poor game all round really where we showed a lack of ability to create chances against a poor defence and a lack of ambition at the end. 2 subs in the last 5 minutes, waste of bloody time.

Distin for me. Pienaar worked to no end, Coleman was his usual nonstop self and Leighton had an average match nothing like as good as he has been. Teta was off the pace and his short passing could only be described as suicidal at times, Tim was also below par. For me it was another poor performance, why can't we blood some kids. Hibbo is simply Hibbo, Duffy is our future..................another managerial cock up if you ask me.

Distin hardly put a foot wrong all night, even went close to scoring on more than one occasion and he covered every blade of grass................big SD gets my vote

I've gone for Pienaar as I thought he worked very hard, played some decent stuff and between him and Coleman looked most likely to create something.

He also gave the ball away most notably for that great chance Cole had in the 2nd half.

Yes, Pienaar runs around alot but gives the ball away too much for my liking.

Without knocking those who are not able to attend games, it appears what you see on the box (or internet) and what you witness at the game varies quite a bit. I thought Distin was our best player, he was covering for Hibbert most of the game, who in turn was constantly drawn to the right, whether instinct or covering Neville. Coleman, whilst fine attacking at pace, on occasions lacked defensive qualities. Arteta might has well been suspended, Rodwell often meanders and loses the ball easily. Christ I am going off the subject, Distin for me.

Without knocking those who are not able to attend games, it appears what you see on the box (or internet) and what you witness at the game varies quite a bit. I thought Distin was our best player, he was covering for Hibbert most of the game, who in turn was constantly drawn to the right, whether instinct or covering Neville. Coleman, whilst fine attacking at pace, on occasions lacked defensive qualities. Arteta might has well been suspended, Rodwell often meanders and loses the ball easily. Christ I am going off the subject, Distin for me.

That definitely does appear to be the case lol and yes c1982 you rumbled me I did have quite a few beers on the way home from the game!

Distin was awsome, lost count how many times he chased attackers out into the corner flags, covered for all the back positions.

Dont know if he has been playing under orders or what, but Arteta was crap. (again)

Fellaini was'nt great but he was good compared to most others.

MOTM .. Distin.