IGNORED

Boussoufa

This guy is highly rated on football manager and as moyes has the database maybe this is the source. On footy manager I think he is a left winger? Also he is rated best player in belgium must be worth a punt

A little Argentinian lad who plays for barca is good on FM. Think his name is Messi, any chance Moyes could get him? ;)

I know that you guys are joking, but I honestly believe that Messi would be destroyed in the prem.

:lol:

Are you serious? Potentially the best player ever - why would he be destroyed?

Let's see... best close control in the world, runs with the ball at full pace, changes direction for fun, accelerates and stops quicker than most, plays touch football at such a speed that a marker is no where near, yep I can just see Carragher with all his pace catching him with a reducer whilst the ref waves play on.

Destroyed in the premier league? the lad could have played in the 60's against chopper harris, bremner, etc etc. Read 4-4-2 this month, if ever you need to read endorsements of greatness they are there and they are about Messi. Sorry but your post is so way off the mark IMO.

I know that you guys are joking, but I honestly believe that Messi would be destroyed in the prem.

No idea where you are coming from with this, i have been fortunate enough to see Messi play in the flesh a few times(no not like that!!) and i have seen the teams like Deportivo try and kick the crap out of him, but he is too quick, and he can hold on to the ball equally aswell, Messi would easily last in the prem, no probs

Hahaha messi would absolutely destroy in the premiership, look at all the goals and assists yaya toure has got this year and he wasnt exactly prolific in his time at barca, granted he might have been playing a deeper role but to think that messi wouldnt be able to take advantage of some of the piss poor defending here is ridiculous!

I knew you guys would be all over me for that comment, but I still honestly believe that he would find it a lot more difficult in the prem. Perhaps destroyed was a wrong choice of word, but with the amount of tough defending being allowed in the prem compared to spain I thing Messi would get such a heavy treatment compared to what he is used to. It would certanly take time for him to adapt to the prem. He is the greatest player in the world, theres no doubt about that. But the prem is in my opinion the toughest league in the world for tiny technical players. However, i didnt think Torres would make it in the prem and he proved me wrong, unfortunatly.

Had this discussion in uni yesterday, and most of us agreed he would not get half as many goals and would struggle against the better defences in the prem that would jus put him on his weaker foot. He may be v.quick footed but is his movement can be v.predictable. Should never of won the ballon D'or. Iniesta, Xavi, Robben or Sneijder all more deserving

Peter mate your post has come thru back to front i'l ammend it-Messi would destroy the prem! Well every team he played against in the prem anyway (until he came up against Phil 'superman' Neville that is) ha!

having said that Iniesta is hardly big, and he looked pretty sharp against Chelski

I'm not saying it was because of his size, he might just have not fancied the physical side but then it's not somethin he would have come up against very often. Iniesta has been playing a few years longer he might have just got a bit more used to it. Just guessing though mate.

his stats the last 3 seasons speak for themself, it's really quite a miracle that he hans't left Anderlecht yet, i would love him to go to Everton. (these stats are from the belgian league, belgian cup and Europa league, except for 2008/2009, they didn't qualify for the europaleague)

2010/2011 GAMES: 22 GOALS: 10 ASSISTS: 14

2009/2010 GAMES: 49 GOALS: 17 ASSISTS: 26

2008/2009 GAMES: 35 GOALS: 11 ASSISTS: 13

Edited by Churinga