IGNORED

Demba Ba

im less and less excited about him signing to be honest. He scored a good few goals but missed loads of sitters and seemed quite lazy in the several games i watched him. On a free I wouldnt mind because we could sell for profit later on but I wouldnt break the bank for him.

im less and less excited about him signing to be honest. He scored a good few goals but missed loads of sitters and seemed quite lazy in the several games i watched him. On a free I wouldnt mind because we could sell for profit later on but I wouldnt break the bank for him.

Is this a Yakubu link ive stumbled across?

Sources saying this is pretty much dead in the water. Offer is in but Ba wants to talk with other parties. The NUFC rumour isn't a full-gone conclusion but they have put a better package together (than us) but Ba is still keeping options open.

I'm guessing this lad really thinks he's the shit? wants one of the top 4 to come knocking imo...which really won't happen. He's one knee injury away from permanent damage, he should snap the hand off whichever club wants to offer him money, let alone one that'll pay him more than West Ham

ambition... play with a better players...

To be honest, I wouldn't be too surprised if they'd finish above us next season. They already signed Yohan Cabaye, a French international from Ligue 1 champions Lille, while we keep being linked with Jay Bothroyd and Chris Eagles. And they'll get Ben Arfa back.

Edited by Steve_E

To be honest, I wouldn't be too surprised if they'd finish above us next season. They already signed Yohan Cabaye, a French international from Ligue 1 champions Lille, while we keep being linked with Jay Bothroyd and Chris Eagles.

Who, Newcastle? rofl.gif

To be honest, I wouldn't be too surprised if they'd finish above us next season. They already signed Yohan Cabaye, a French international from Ligue 1 champions Lille, while we keep being linked with Jay Bothroyd and Chris Eagles. And they'll get Ben Arfa back.

And they'll have Dan Gosling :major overreaction alert: :rofl: .

that they finished 8 points behind and are spending, again? So what?! You mean like Sunderland did last year, Villa did last year, Liverpool did last year. Yeah, they all left us in their wake.....

You think that's gonna last forever? This is like the fourth transfer window in a row where we probably won't add anything significant to an already aging squad. Other teams, like Newcastle, are creeping closer and closer and they'll eventually overtake us unless we spend money on quality players too. I think you must see the logic to that?

Edited by Steve_E

You think that's gonna last forever? This is like the fourth transfer window in a row where we probably won't add anything significant to an already aging squad. Other teams, like Newcastle, are creeping closer and closer and they'll eventually overtake us unless we spend money on quality players too. I think you must see the logic to that?

Its lasted for more than 4 years, bringing in 1 big name doesnt magically change the team. I see the argument but each season Everton "over perform" and finish above most of the people who spend millions, galvanising my belief that because our team play together we will continue to do well. I think having a team is more important than splashing cash on big egos who dont play well together. We were only 8 points off Spurs in the end after selling one of our best players half way through the season, no investment to speak of, wheres the logic in that?

As for Newcastle, they have spent quite a bit over the last 5 years and as for creeping closer, they were relegated! They came up straight away languished in mid table!

Look, I end up having this argument every year and I cant be bothered doing it again.

I believe we spend more on wages than Newcastle does and its not as if they are "creeping" up on us since they just got back up but I share your concern about the squad that is both aging and stagnant. We've basically maxed out our wage bill so we have no money to bring in young promising players (like cabaye) and instead have to bring in really young and unproven players. Im probably going to get ripped for this but I think this club needs to sell their players in their prime. We could have cashed in Arteta for 12-14 (would defour have cost us much more?) and that boat's sailed, we could have cashed in on jags for 8-10 and it looks like that may not happen now either. What happens in three years when Arteta is well and truly past it Jags is 32 and declining, Cahill goes back to Aussieland, Baines is nearing the end of his 5 year contract he signed last year and even Ossie is gone?. Honestly if no bid comes in for Fellaini, we cant resign him, and he walks for free, we could be in the shit.

I know there is this stigma with being a "selling club" and having a "lack of ambition" but how are we to compete with wealthier teams if not wheeling a dealing and trawling for bargains.

it says in there that West Ham will get a small fee due to him having a relegation release clause? who actually holds his contract West Ham or Hoffenheim? It will be a shame if we miss out on him, from what i have seen of him he looked good and knows how to score.