IGNORED

Demba Ba

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1349440/Everton-join-West-Ham-battle-sign-Hoffenheim-striker-Demba-Ba.html

Can't say I know much about him other than that he's very fast.

He's scored 37 goals in 97 games for Hoffenheim.

His medical history doesn't sound too promising though, his move to Stuttgart broke down in summer 2009 after he failed a medical, and the same appears to have happened in his move to Stoke.

Edited by s-mackie

I remember Lescott failed his 1st medical at us due to dodgy knees - he did okay. On-loan would be a good deal (with maybe a future fee agreed) - we need to take a gamble/chance to be honest because with the budget we haven't there's not many strikers who will improve us and are available. His club have frozen him out haven't they?

they are saying we may go for Ba, even though he won't be fit till april!! maybe its not kenwright that needs to go, its moyes! money or not, is moyes knowledge of football that limited that he can only find 1 loan player in the world, who is not even fit!!

I wouldnt beleive everything you read in the paper if I was you

• 3 months later...

I watched him against Chelsea in the game that Ladyboy scored his first goal.. He took the fight to Chelsea he was playing as a front 3 off the left hand side and played extremely well and then they switched him into the more central roll and he did well there also as more of a target man.

Can't see him ending up here but i'd love him to be an Everton player next season.. he is hungry and just wants to be playing and likes to score goals.