IGNORED

Demba Ba

Fortunately the rack stopped us buying Mikel Forsell.

I do like the talk of Ba, ahead of Campbell and Bothroyd most certainly. If he's all good on the medical then yep, go for it. His goals to games ratio is very eyecatching...

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2005–2006 Rouen 26 (22)

2006–2007 Mouscron 12 (8)

2007–2011 1899 Hoffenheim 97 (37)

2011– West Ham United 12 (7)

Surely with premier league money they could whip out the knee joint and replace it with some fantastic piece of mechanical engineering :lol:

I'd have him here but would hope against hope that we can bring in a higher rated player...

Rubes can do that! "RUBES!!! You can keep metal in the air, fix this lads knee!"......."Please".

He would cost £6m normally and I think West Ham paid him £30k a week (£1.5m per season) so I could live with paying him £50k per week (£2.5m per season) and him being free - he could have Yak's wage!

so - 1.5 x 5 = 7.5 + 6 = £13.5m (on a 5yr deal) - with no signing on fee and wage increase

2.5 x 5 = £12.5m - with no signing on fee - wage increase less likely as already high end earner

£12.5m for 5 a year deal would suit me fine - he may want £1-2m signing on fee but at up to £15m over 5yrs we wouldn't necessarily lose money on him unless his knees mean he can't get on the pitch over the 5 years. Should he be shite after 2 seasons - we've only invested £2.5m in him - if he's quality then we'll see!

Is he available on a free? For free if the yak went I would take him, ba, Saha, beckford and bothroyd would be a decent strike force with all them offering something different. Moyes tho would have to move to 4 4 2.

Nah, we'd probably see Ba on the right, Bothroyd on the left with Saha as the striker ;).

Would be a great buy/steal. If you're looking for a winger, may be we should look at Jeremie Aliadiere - he has no club at the moment and I think he would be better suited at wing than striker, and being a striker means from the wings he can find the back of the net.

Would be a great buy/steal. If you're looking for a winger, may be we should look at Jeremie Aliadiere - he has no club at the moment and I think he would be better suited at wing than striker, and being a striker means from the wings he can find the back of the net.

SOrry, whilst reading i spat out my coffee. no thank you!

There's a reason he has no club... he's shite.

We love Demba Ba, we got him from the hammers and he can't stop scoring,

we love Demba Ba, he's gonna get the Toffees to the Champions League!

He came in 2011 to the Premier League,

none of the teams he faced could keep a clean sheet,

When he jumped in the air,

Only Cahill could compare,

And now his favourite flavour is Toffee, Tof-fee,

singing

We love Demba Ba, his Dad sells crack to Daniel Agger,

We love Demba Ba, he's gonna lead the Toffees to victory!

To the tune off "I love Rock and Roll" by Joan Jett....I just made it up but what dyu reckon? :D