IGNORED

Demba Ba

Think he would be quality for us but we ain't gonna match his wages at Chelsea. I'm all for them paying half if they want though.

he could do an Ashley Cole and take a 75% wage reduction for first team football. I'd be happy with that :)

If people criticise Lukaku for his first touch then he'll be getting some abuse here! His first touch is atrocious, and it definitely will not improve at his age.

I actually think they are just as bad as each other. Difference is Ba will cost a fraction of Lukaku's price and he scores goals at a simialr ratio. Basically people want Lukaku because he's a goalscorer, thats fine, but I will say get the same thing for a lot less. I would argue that Ba is a far more hard working player, always moving, presses the defence.

I like Ba. I think he is a decent player. When he went to West Ham I was gutted. He did really well there and then went to Newcastle and did well there too, hugely why they got 5th place that year. Him and Cisse were on form.

Hasn't really had the chance at Chelsea but if he came to Everton I think he would be a good player. A player like Ba would fill Lukakus' shoes. A player like Samaras.......Definitely not.

I actually think they are just as bad as each other. Difference is Ba will cost a fraction of Lukaku's price and he scores goals at a simialr ratio. Basically people want Lukaku because he's a goalscorer, thats fine, but I will say get the same thing for a lot less. I would argue that Ba is a far more hard working player, always moving, presses the defence.

In 5 years time you could get your money back and then some on Lukaku . Ba would be a decent stop gap with very little or no sell on value. That's the difference

In 5 years time you could get your money back and then some on Lukaku . Ba would be a decent stop gap with very little or no sell on value. That's the difference

Lukaku could conceivably become a lesser valued striker, that's absolutely not out the question. We bought fellaini for £15m, United bought him for £27m. One season of bad form and a shite world cup and they will do well to get £12m for him.

Funny comparisons between lukaku and fellaini. Both rely on teams playing a certain way and the opposition not having the tools to deal with them.

Not yet ;).

'Talks are ongoing. Chelsea initially wanted £10 million for Ba but we have negotiated a price we are happy with. We'll tell the media once the final deal is done.'

13:08
Confirmation that Demba Ba has completed his move from Chelsea toBesiktas, as he is pictured in the colours of his new employer.

Official: Demba Ba signs for Besiktas from Chelsea. #cfchttp://t.co/tmiSNloNm8
8a92fe70-ad98-4797-8288-bcf42f95f04d.jpg

Seems pretty official to me ;)

Edited by Matt

Not yet ;).

'Talks are ongoing. Chelsea initially wanted £10 million for Ba but we have negotiated a price we are happy with. We'll tell the media once the final deal is done.'

That was yesterday Mike.

he's pictured today on SSN with the shirt and all that.

• 2 years later...