• Sylvain Distin
    • Leighton Baines
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Louis Saha

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 132

Baines 130

Distin 123

Coleman 118

Pienaar 85

Cahill 83

Yakubu 47

Howard 44

Jagielka 25

Osman 19

Arteta 14

Bilyaletdinov 10

Hibbert 7

Beckford 7

Rodwell 7

Neville 6

Heitinga 4

Gueye 3

Saha 2

Anichebe 1

MOTM winners....

West Ham (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Liverpool (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Scunthorpe United (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Ham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Man City (A)...Tim Howard

Wigan (H)...Seamus Coleman

Chelsea (A)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (H)...Tim Cahill

Sunderland (A)...Steven Pienaar

Arsenal (H)...Seamus Coleman

Bolton (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackpool (A)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (H)...Ayegbeni Yakubu

Spurs (A)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (H)...Tim Cahill

Birmingham (A)...Leon Osman

Fulham (A)...Steven Pienaar

Brentford (A)...Seamus Coleman

Newcastle (H)...Sylvain Distin

Manchester United (H)...Tim Howard

Aston Villa (A)...Leighton Baines

Huddersfield (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

This.

I expected more from Bily tbh. He has no confidence at all, although it seemed to get better as the match went along.

Yeah Because he only tried an over head kick, blatantly, no confidence :blink: . I thought he had a good game, put a few passes astray, but overall did well. Went For Seamus in the end, Great from start to finish, and playing against (arguably) the best left back in the country.

Yeah Because he only tried an over head kick, blatantly, no confidence :blink: . I thought he had a good game, put a few passes astray, but overall did well. Went For Seamus in the end, Great from start to finish, and playing against (arguably) the best left back in the country.

Coleman and Baines are in the same team?

Yeah Because he only tried an over head kick, blatantly, no confidence :blink: .

At the beginning of the game he lost the ball everytime it was passed to him. He was jumpy and all his touches were wrong. That to me shows a lack of confidence.

But as I said it did get better as the game went along, imo.

Fellaini, Coleman then Baines.

Thought Saha was shit imo, more chalk on his boots than a blackboard. The sooner he reads his job description, and stands in a CENTRAL position, the better. Felli, Arteta, Baines and Bily all put their arms up when they realised there was noone infront of them. I know he scored but thats his only highlight today...

Fellaini, Coleman then Baines.

Thought Saha was shit imo, more chalk on his boots than a blackboard. The sooner he reads his job description, and stands in a CENTRAL position, the better. Felli, Arteta, Baines and Bily all put their arms up when they realised there was noone infront of them. I know he scored but thats his only highlight today...

Lol Did you watch the game against Chelsea at Goodison today?

I thought Coleman just edged Felli so gave it to him. Thought Saha had a great game, took his goal well and lead the line impressively

Tought everyone played really well today . Arteta looked better than his form of late . Rodwell burst his bollocks with all the running he did and Fellaini's tackling was brilliant.

MOTM though had to be Ashely Cole - made a great clearence off his face at one stage :lol:

Dunc, i was there you bellend, so yes i watched it. And if you read my comment you may notice a small anogram of 'imo' which stands for 'in my opinion', and my opinion was based on the fact that Saha stood at LW more times than Billy did. Colemans knock back from a Baines cross early in the first half SHOULD have been met by a certain CF? However he at that time was BEHIND a certain afro warrior and the ball was consequently scooped up into the arms of a greatful Petr Cech. That was one of many times Saha was NOT 'leading the line' as you put it and carried on pussy footing around. He scored, as i said, credit where credit is due but (remember the anogram lesson?) 'IMO'...Saha was shit. Ok?

Dunc, i was there you bellend, so yes i watched it. And if you read my comment you may notice a small anogram of 'imo' which stands for 'in my opinion', and my opinion was based on the fact that Saha stood at LW more times than Billy did. Colemans knock back from a Baines cross early in the first half SHOULD have been met by a certain CF? However he at that time was BEHIND a certain afro warrior and the ball was consequently scooped up into the arms of a greatful Petr Cech. That was one of many times Saha was NOT 'leading the line' as you put it and carried on pussy footing around. He scored, as i said, credit where credit is due but (remember the anogram lesson?) 'IMO'...Saha was shit. Ok?

I agree with you. Though it was better than usual, he still wasn't positioning himself as a center forward and was a bit lazy to the ball. Just my opinion :(

Edited by the_everton_way

Ok dickhead lets hope he continues in such 'poor' form from now until the end of the season because we could certainly do with the goals

Still not sure about this "where you at the game" mentality, which is required to justify opinion... Fair play for spending the money etc, but it adds no more weight to an opinion unless you were there to scout a player. For me Saha was ok, just needed support of another striker, he held up the ball very well IMO.

He scores an open header, which occurs in one minute, and all of a sudden he played well? For 89minutes he was out of his position, fact. Every player bar neville played better than Saha, so that shows how wank hes been recently if people are saying he played well and still cant perform better than an out-of-sorts Arteta (whom btw thought he had one of his better games for months). If your giving Saha the recognition based on him playing as a left sided player fine. If your giving Saha the recognition based on Match Of The Day, then i can accept why you'd think he played well. However if you were there like myself (and im guessing you were because your an ST holder) and you wanted your striker/centre forward to be doing alot more than chalking his boots and plodding around, then Saha was shit. Lets be honest this could go on forever, so let me say two things, one remember this is an opinion and your welcome to your own conclusions bt more importantly, dnt patronise me or question my loyalty. Ta very much love

Still not sure about this "where you at the game" mentality, which is required to justify opinion... Fair play for spending the money etc, but it adds no more weight to an opinion unless you were there to scout a player. For me Saha was ok, just needed support of another striker, he held up the ball very well IMO.

I wasnt saying that you had to be at the game to have an opinion I was just trying to clarify(sarcastically) that he had been watching the same game as me because I thought Saha did ok and like yourself I thought he held the ball up very well.

Oh and ten I have never once questioned your loyalty