IGNORED

Reading

adamsmith69

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the game and was left fuming at how poorly the Everton players performed. For the first 15 minutes 80% of the play was in the Reading half yet the ball never got behind the Reading back 4, Reading by then had settled in and started pushing more resulting in their goal. David Moyse had spent the time just watching from the touch line and despite Reading scoring his attitude didn't seem to change, he still just watched in near silence from the touch line and Everton's play just became more desperate and the team just seem to settle for 0-1 at half time.

With Anichebe and Beckford coming on at half time I expected the team to settle down and turn their fortunes but it seems as if Moyse didn't give them the bollocking they deserved at half time and they just carried on as before never being able to score despite having many more chances to.

David Moyes needs to spend on a couple of players that would give the current crop some competition as they seem to think/know that they won't be replaced no matter how badly they play!

Absolutely fucking abysmal... That for me is the shittest performance I have seen from Everton especially against a fucking Championship side. There was absolutely nothing, fuck all and I am fucking fuming...

We didnt have a clue, we didnt look organised and we didnt look like we had prepared for this at all. Its disgraceful from the management, the backroom staff and the players and they can go fuck themselves.

Fair play to Reading as it looked as if they came out with a plan and they hassled and kept their shape really well which is pretty much the complete opposite of us. We were slow, predictable and every fucking time we just stood there waiting for the ball. Beckford was the only person to run in behind and after taking that early knock he didnt always look like he wanted to be there.

Howard did what he had to

Baines probably Motm and the only person to come out of this with any respect. Some quality balls & set pieces and did well defensively.

Distin didnt win a header all fucking day and he looked dozy most of the time. Very poor.

Jags seemed to be playing in a different back 4 to the rest of them. All over the place.

Neville was shite. His tackling, his ridiculous hoofs and just general play were well below standard.

Rodwell started to dominate 1st half then they scored and he swapped with Osman and we lost shape and he got worse.

Arteta was back to passing a lot more sideways that forward again. He did some decent stuff but he still fluffed his lines when he had a chance to make something.

Osman was brilliant until their goal and he swapped with Rodwell. After that he was a bystander but always worked hard.

Bily can fuck off. Iv given him a chance and he clearly possesses ability he just doesnt choose to use it or work hard enough. He always looks to play with his back to goal and we have too many of them already. Having said that no-one else who occasionally played in that position did any better (Osman & Arteta).

Coleman was shite again. Always looking to come inside and never looked like getting in behind where he is his most dangerous.

Saha was never really in the game. He never looked to run in behind and it became too easy to pick him off.

Vic did better than Coleman, but it wasnt hard. Even though I dont think he actually won a header all game, when the ball was aimed at him we got a couple of opportunities but I just dont see enough between the ears and I just dont get the feeling he wants the ball enough or wants to score enough. Maybe get him some loan games, get his confidence up and see if there is anything else there but until then he will only ever be mildly useful of the bench.

Beckford had a couple of oppurtunities but faded as the game went on. Probably should have scored one of his attempts.

Baxter - dont really know the point of bringing him on with less than 5mins left? He started getting ready on the 75min mark so why not get him on then and give him a chance of doing something. And also, just because you bring him on for a RB it doesnt mean he actually has to cover there! We NEED a fucking goal and at RB he is going to do fuck all.

As far as I am concerned a lot of this must fall on Moyes' shoulders. I didnt mind the starting 11, and we did start well albeit too slowly BUT the system was doing its job for the most part. However as soon as that goal goes in he panics and changes it and makes it worse. Then half time comes and he changes it again, 10 minutes later we play a different way and then every 5 mins after that we see different player popping up in different positions. We had no structure whatsoever. There was nothing wrong with the formation that started the game, the personell were in their best positions BUT we were playing to slowly and we didnt have people trying to stretch the defence (ironically Osman was the one who was doing this to start with, until we moved him alongside Arteta). Everyone wanted it to feet or to cut inside when what we really need were people to spread the opposition back four to create space. What scared me the most was that even Chris Waddle who talks out of his arse could see this yet Moyes couldnt and you could tell when the camaras zoomed in on his face that he didnt have a clue, he would go to shout something and then stop, think again, go to shout and then stop. He had no idea whatsoever, and obviously neither did anyone of his sidekicks. I cant believe we show so much effort and spirit over 2 legs to beat Chelsea and then show anything but against a mid level Championship side. Unforgiveable...

Good Post don't agree with all of it though, After the first 15mins Reading played very well with good tactics. The goal meant it became much easier fo them. Surely though when the opposition plays a pressing game that by packing our midfield leaves no space for the "better quality" to come out and no time or space for the team to exploit it?!

Once the goal went in we were playing 11 vs 6 in their half - there was no space to run in to(never mind the players not runnig into space or wanting to feet)- and Baines & Neville where constantly pressed down the wings.

Agree that we have been outfought & outthought. Start of the season we created chance after chance with piennar in a fluid 4-5-1 but we couldn't unluckily convert (Can't blame Yak for that). Now 4-5-1 just does not seem to work - Saying that though, I thought we only changed to a 4-4-2 after the break - did I miss something!? :)

welcome to another day where I question why the hell I decided to support Everton. Dear me. ABYSMAL. We weren't that bad against Bolton but we were absolutely disgraceful last night. Saha was either totally unfit or just couldn't be bothered, didn't win a header, didn't run and ended up on the wing and then back in midfield. I'm trying my best not to swear but what a joke. As soon as the match started we looked lethargic, either the players bottled it or Moyes sent them out with so much fear that they couldn't express themselves.

We were second best everywhere and Reading should have had 3 or 4. They did the simple things well whilst our guys just looked simple. How slow can a team play, we are so predictable and lacking speed and guile. I can't think of a single decent performance except for possibly Rodwell, Howard and maybe Osman in patches. Everyone else was a shambles and as much as I'm worried who we would replace him with, Moyes has once again failed to win anything this season and so it's time to go.

Fair enough, Moyes built a very good team with little or no money, but with the players he now has at his disposal this season isn't good enough, and neither is failing to win a trophy in all this time and hardly ever getting even to a decent stage in a cup competition. He's lost it, either he has ran out of ideas or the players have had enough of him, something is wrong and needs to be fixed.

I for one have had enough of his non existent tactics and over reliance on under performing players.

I have seen worse, but only just, remember 0-3 to Tranmere?, That probably was the begining of the end for Smith, Tranmere even got relegated that year that's how bad we were, lest ye forget.

We won't go down with dithering Dave and until someone invests some serious money in this club staying in the Premiership is about as much as we can hope for realisically.

But it was utter dire shite.

Good Post don't agree with all of it though, After the first 15mins Reading played very well with good tactics. The goal meant it became much easier fo them. Surely though when the opposition plays a pressing game that by packing our midfield leaves no space for the "better quality" to come out and no time or space for the team to exploit it?!

Once the goal went in we were playing 11 vs 6 in their half - there was no space to run in to(never mind the players not runnig into space or wanting to feet)- and Baines & Neville where constantly pressed down the wings.

Agree that we have been outfought & outthought. Start of the season we created chance after chance with piennar in a fluid 4-5-1 but we couldn't unluckily convert (Can't blame Yak for that). Now 4-5-1 just does not seem to work - Saying that though, I thought we only changed to a 4-4-2 after the break - did I miss something!? :)

Yeh as soon as they got that goal, they were always going to sit in, play narrower and try and hit us on the counter. At that stage we should have been making the pitch as big as we could and increase the tempo to move their players about. We gave them too much time to settle and they pressed really well and shut us down with ease.

The reason there was no space is because no-one wanted to try and drag defenders around the pitch. The only movement we got was for Saha to come deeper from which he was picked up by the midfield. We had no lateral movement at all and until Beckford came on it was only Osman that looked to get behind the defence. They may have had numbers back, but top teams find a way of breaking down the 11 men and at least create chances. We created fuck all.

Well we played 4-5-1 against Blackpool and dicked them and we started the game alright, just a bit too slowly. The problem comes when we give the defence time to settle and then we dont move. Furthermore we didnt even show that much desire to win the ball back, so we could at least catch them on the counter. We let them settle defensively and we let them attack us without pressure. You add poor tactics to a lack of heart and we were never going to win.