IGNORED

Blackburn (H)

adamsmith69

Hes not comfortable there is he? He likes cutting in on his left.

Certainly doesnt look like the same player... He might not have been a world beater when playing on the right but he was solid, which is more than can be said for on the left. In fact he is starting to piss me off now, he should be taken off for someone who gives a fuck.

Very comfortable win again, probably the one of the best performance from our back 4 as a unit this season, although they werent really up against much.

Main mentions go to Osman, Gueye (although both wasteful at times) and especially Rodwell who looked very composed and controlled when he came on.

I was encouraged by Bily on the right, but thought he was pathetic on the left. He seemed to have so much space down the right hand side and did some good things but seemed to switch off late in the game.

Beckford was a bit frustrating today and should have certainly got his early effort on target.

Overall it was another easy 3 points which sees us close the gap on the potential European places, although I dont see it happening myself.

Very comfortable win again, probably the one of the best performance from our back 4 as a unit this season, although they werent really up against much.

Main mentions go to Osman, Gueye (although both wasteful at times) and especially Rodwell who looked very composed and controlled when he came on.

I was encouraged by Bily on the right, but thought he was pathetic on the left. He seemed to have so much space down the right hand side and did some good things but seemed to switch off late in the game.

Beckford was a bit frustrating today and should have certainly got his early effort on target.

Overall it was another easy 3 points which sees us close the gap on the potential European places, although I dont see it happening myself.

Not sure about this mate. Mostly solid but some seriously stupid mistakes too and against a better team we wouldve been punished on at least 1 of those.

A boring 1st half but comfortable for the 2nd.

Did you watch the game? There were some real shakey/comedy momments and we were very, very lucky not to conceed!

The Howard, Distin, Baines mix-up was school boy and Distin clowning around in the corner - heart in mouth for an otherwise stroll of a game!

Edited by c1982

It wasn't an amazing performance, today we put in an effective performance. We did the simple things well and when our chances came we put them away when we needed to, and for the most part we weren't threatened by Blackburn.

Like I said above, we started the game well and then the half fizzled out into nothingness tbh. It was very poor viewing apart from the odd spark here and there.

The second half was much better for us and I really thought we controlled it extremely well, with us only looking under threat through our own mistakes tbh. But we were the side who were creating things and trying to make things happen, and we got our just desserts with 2 goals, and in truth we should have had more.

Howard - Had fuck all to do but when he should have come for that high ball at the end he was rooted to his line, and very nearly cost us. Thankfully Pedersen is shite.

Hibbert - His constant backing off worried me but each and every time he did that he put the tackle in when he had to and took the ball. And he was always available as an outlet down the right, even if his crossing wasn't up to scratch.

Jagielka - I really don't think he had a particularly good game today, I thought he was quite shaky tbh. On too many occasions he hoofed the ball to no one when he had time to pick a pass, but instead he panicked and we lost possession.

Distin - Apart from the 2 occasions in the second half when he let the ball bounce, causing me to almost have a heart attacks, he was very solid and was the one who held the defence together.

Baines - His crossing probably wasn't at his best today but he was always an attacking threat, and I think he's already looking like he has a good understanding with Maggie. I hope Moyes gives them til the end of the season together becuase they really could be dynamite together. Another goal and his goal tally is looking as impressive as his assists tally now.

Bilyaletdinov - I thought he was OK in the first half tbh, he actually looked to get involved and put himself about a bit. But in the second half he was fairly anonymous, and only showed anything when he drifted inside.

Neville - Another very good performance in midfield from him. He just stayed infront of the defence and shielded them all afternoon, so not much actually got through for our defence to have to deal with in truth.

Heitinga - I hope his injury isn't too bad.

Rodwell - Took a little while to get into the game, which was to be expected, but once he'd settled he put in a good shift and used his athleticism to his advantage. I just wish he'd drive forward with the ball more instead of shifting it out to the wings.

Gueye - He showed some neat touches in the first half but not much else IMO, but I thought he was a lot better in the second half and linked up very well with Baines and I thought it was a mistake to take him off tbh.

Osman - What can I say about Osman today? He was simply superb. You couldn't say he was playing in a position tbh, he was literally everywhere. He'd be on the right and then he'd pop up on the left, then you'd find him CM or in the box. He's doing so much work in attack it's untrue, but if you watch him he puts in just as much work defensively too. He's really thriving on our reliance on him. He topped his performance off with a quality goal too, a thoroughly deserved goal. My MOTM.

Beckford - Moyes' words clearly had an effect because he worked very hard, but he wasn't really a threat for us today.

Steve Kean?

If he said that he's a fucking clown. We started the half well and then the half was pretty poor with neither side realy doing anything IMO.

Just be grateful he's not your manager :(:angry: Just embarrassing!

For the first time I can remember I had a seat at Goodison where I could see but given our performance a brick wall would have been preferable. Probably one of the easiest games you'll have had this year - although I don't think you were that great you were easily good enough to beat us. In the first half I thought Rochina looked ok on his debut, but we cannot be relying on him to be our hope for the season. The move that typified us was probably when Dunn took a corner and 5 seconds later it got passed to Robbo. Then as soon as the goal come in the 2nd half it was game over.

Anyway I took this photo of the pen - not good for us, but quite nice for you.

5625400276_86fb113d38_b.jpg

An effective performance really. We won and that is all we really ask of the team to be honest. It is always nice to play well, but above that a win is all we want.

Blackburn's tactics seemed to be none existant to me. So for that..."Taxi for Kean"

(I think if Big Sam had still been in charge we would have struggled against them today on our performance, it was not that good. Still all you can do is beat what is in front of you I suppose.)

Sam Allardyce would have them fighting and scrapping for everything. Steve Kean couldn't get two pitbulls to fight.

I am happy with the three points, but overall not a convincing win.

Lol Some people are never happy

We have just put out a severely depleted side without the likes of Felli, Arteta, Cahill, Heitinga and Saha and have comfortably beaten a side who are embroiled in a relegation scrap so are more desperate for the points then us

Added to that we have witnessed encouraging displays from some of our youngsters ( Coleman, Gueye and Vellios) and a superb all round performance from Ossie

Maybe Im just a bit more positive because I won a few quid at the game but surely there are more positives to take from the game than just saying we didnt play well but won

I also feel you were a bit harsh on Jags, Romey

He had one shakey moment when him and Bainsey tangled to allow in Pederson but apart from that he was a rock. He marshalled the back four superbly and his reading of the game was spot on. Fair enough he does tend to hoof the ball at times but he has always done that. He also made quite a few important interceptions to break up Blackburn attacks and he then brought the ball forward and played in our players to set us on the attack

Not sure about this mate. Mostly solid but some seriously stupid mistakes too and against a better team we wouldve been punished on at least 1 of those.

A boring 1st half but comfortable for the 2nd.

Did you watch the game? There were some real shakey/comedy momments and we were very, very lucky not to conceed!

The Howard, Distin, Baines mix-up was school boy and Distin clowning around in the corner - heart in mouth for an otherwise stroll of a game!

Haha yeh these are fair and they completely slipped my mind when I wrote after the match (even though I mentioned it when they happened earlier in the thread :doh: ). However bar them 2 potential cock ups we looked as comfortable as we ever have been in defence imo. Its probably more down to Blackburn being shite in the final third, but nethertheless they only troubled us when we cocked it up ourselves.