IGNORED

Man City (H)

Matt

Sorry....his second to last game was a Cup Final :blush: .

I don't agree we've gone backwards since then....look at the Cup Final team and our first eleven now and we're certainly no worse off. Better imo.

And in all likelyhood City will play a Champions League qualifying game next season, no guarantee they'll progress from that, and if they do Lescott will be lucky to get a place on the bench (if he's still there).

Since the Cup final we have lost Piennar, Lescott, Ruddy, Jacobsen, Valente, Gosling, Vaughan, Yakubu, Yobo, Castillo, Jukebox and Jo

We have brought in Bily, Johnny H,Distin, Maggie, Beckford, Velios and Mucha

Now I know they may not all be starting XI players that we have lost but the squad is now definitely weaker IMO. We havent got a natural LB if Baines gets injured, we have got nothing up front and we havent replaced Piennar

There appears to be no money in the pot for new players and the vultures are circling around Rodders, Baines, Jags and Felli.

Before the Cup Final we were definitely moving in the right direction but since then the squad has gotten smaller and the money has run out

Even if I meet you half way and say we have been treading water since then if you look at City they are very definitely a team on the up and they have clearly already overtaken us in the pecking order so either way it would appear that his decision to leave has been vindicated

If you were forced to put your entire life savings on which side was going to be more succesful next season I doubt you would bet on us

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're hijacking the match-day thread here. But before agreeing to differ...I was talking (as I said) about the first eleven, not the squad, so only two of the twelve players leaving are relevant.

Beginning of this season many people who know what they're talking about (including Ferguson) were tipping us for a great one and there was more optimism on here than I'd ever seen before. So a lot of people thought we were going in the right direction.

Hindsight's 20/20.

Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Neville, Arteta, Osman, Rodwell, Heitinga, Anichebe (ffs :angry: ).

Mucha, Coleman, Bilyaletdinov, Gueye, Vellios, Cahill, Beckford

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, De Jong, Vieira, Y. Toure, Milner, Silva, Dzeko

Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Neville, Arteta, Osman, Rodwell, Heitinga, Anichebe (ffs :angry: ).

Mucha, Coleman, Bilyaletdinov, Gueye, Vellios, Cahill, Beckford

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, De Jong, Vieira, Y. Toure, Milner, Silva, Dzeko

Is moyes doing his stubborn beyond belief act here? Did he inherit rafa's match underpants when he left for Milan? Anichebe is not a premier league footballer, I'm not a manager, I'm not an opta analyst but I know when someone is shite. What's the point in being built like a tank when you fall Over? What's the point in receiving a long ball when you can't control it? What's the point in being a winger if you can't beat a man? What's the point in being a striker if you don't score goals?

If you could take someone's ability, heart, and brain and transfer it, Leon osman would be jeff goldbloom right now, victor would be the fly.

When you say "they" do you mean us or them :mellow: ?

I assume (hope) you mean us....Vic inspired maybe? Miracles happen I guess :blink: .

Them, the Duncan on pitch before kick off against s team from Manchester.

I wonder if Duncan can lend victor his tezzies for 90 minutes?

Is moyes doing his stubborn beyond belief act here? Did he inherit rafa's match underpants when he left for Milan? Anichebe is not a premier league footballer, I'm not a manager, I'm not an opta analyst but I know when someone is shite. What's the point in being built like a tank when you fall Over? What's the point in receiving a long ball when you can't control it? What's the point in being a winger if you can't beat a man? What's the point in being a striker if you don't score goals?

If you could take someone's ability, heart, and brain and transfer it, Leon osman would be jeff goldbloom right now, victor would be the fly.

Actually I thought he did that really well in the first half hour against Wigan (that's the only part I saw). Or at least, he did it better than Beckford. Of course, all your other points are valid.

Edited by Steve_E