IGNORED

Man City (H)

Matt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At times in that second half we absolutely ran riot and they didnt know what to do with themselves. Thats when Everton are at their best and I hope they take they attitude in to next season.

I still dislike the fact that as soon as we go ahead, the defensive state of mind comes. We could have scored a couple more in that period in the 2nd half and with nothing to lose, we should have gone out and sent a message.

Good performance and deserved result.

At times in that second half we absolutely ran riot and they didnt know what to do with themselves. Thats when Everton are at their best and I hope they take they attitude in to next season.

I still dislike the fact that as soon as we go ahead, the defensive state of mind comes. We could have scored a couple more in that period in the 2nd half and with nothing to lose, we should have gone out and sent a message.

Good performance and deserved result.

I wa hoping we would continue to attack also. I hate it when we take the lead and have the momentum and just sit back :(

Mancini...

"This game today was incredible. We scored, we had chances to score more, but if you don't keep concentrating for 90 minutes you get punished. They played long ball, long ball, long ball and they scored twice. We had chances ourselves but we were selfish - in football you can't afford to be selfish."

Gracious as ever :rolleyes: .

I think the momentum was lost as Ossie was on the ground for s bit after the goal and then we conceded a free kick nearly straight off the restart. No fault of the players just how it goes.

And absolutely delighted with that performance. That was a true Everton home performance. Top drawer.

And fucking delighted it was City too. Love this habit we have of beating those arrogant knobheads and getting under their skin!

Mancini...

"This game today was incredible. We scored, we had chances to score more, but if you don't keep concentrating for 90 minutes you get punished. They played long ball, long ball, long ball and they scored twice. We had chances ourselves but we were selfish - in football you can't afford to be selfish."

Gracious as ever :rolleyes: .

The long ball jibe is certainly true about the first half but once we got going in the second half we played most of our football on the ground.

http://thisisourcitymanchester.blogspot.com/2011/05/same-old-everton-but-onwards-and-up.html#comment-form

please give sympathy, brain damage can be an awful thing to live with. Follow me and bombard this clown with comments, i have, but they've all been removed ;)

"Then Phil Neville was booked for dissent on Dzeko..." :mellow: .

Hope they don't let this lad have sharp pencils :unsure: .

http://thisisourcitymanchester.blogspot.com/2011/05/same-old-everton-but-onwards-and-up.html#comment-form

please give sympathy, brain damage can be an awful thing to live with. Follow me and bombard this clown with comments, i have, but they've all been removed ;)

HOHOHO, Ten, being a technophobe, I dunno how to answer the clown but honestly that guy must have wrote the scripts for Fawlty Towers............... a legend in his own lunchtime haha

Edited by The Beard

On the whole, a worthy three points, solely on the second half performeance. The first half, we gave them too much respect and stood off them and got outmuscled while they played nice simple passes. Moyes got his substitutes spot on. Neville stopped Silva in the second half, while Arteta came more into the game in the middle, Osman (who was excellent yet again) got more joy on the left and even Big Vic started causing them problems from his wide position, possibly his best game of the season? Rodwell, although finally getting into the game, was subbed at the right time with Cahill's purposefulness rubbing off on the rest of the team.................a side note, apparantly our starting line up cost £1 million less than...........................................Dzeko....................and they wonder, with their money, where they are going wrong.

http://thisisourcity...ml#comment-form

my response:

Same old Everton? Yes we beat you again.Home many hundreds of millions does it take to actually build a team that winssomething. FA Cup? I should hope so but don’t think Stoke will roll over. CL? After400m and 3 attempts I should hope so, but wouldn’t be surprised if you duck outlike Spurs – 1 or 2 decent games before you bottle it. Poor mans Utd?! Smoke onlittle boy. Feeder club?! Rooney to Utd… Jlo to City so we’re equal there….Howard and Pip (notice no City rejects) and the majority would state the otherway around. We don’t relate to City because of the red, shows you know buggerall about football. That’s just the title and 1st paragraph takencare off….

So lets move on to the 2nd paragraph…Swapping players? That defines a mutual transaction at the same time – we’venot done that dipshit. We have 2 ex-Utd players, players by the way you wishyou could have, in our team.

Bully? IT’SA CONTACT SPORT YOU GIRL!!! Relying on the ref to look after your ladies ispathetic! De Jong is one player I don’t judge because he just gets stuck in, he’snot malicious. Your loss was down to you bottling it, like you have the season –its that simple. Don’t like that? Tough poop.

Imnot going to pick out all the stupidty in this post because im bored after 10line.

Citeh were miles ahead in the 1sthalf despite Viera’s magial miss from 6 yards out. Clearly the better team withno true (sane) Blues arguing. But I digress, you lost to a team who were,AGAIN, better then your collection of multi-millionaire play boys. Suck it up.Sunday league football and you cant get a point against us? Says it all…

The one thing I can agree with you about isLescott. He was a great player for us and didn’t deserve the stick he got.

Rumone, spot on mate, Kompany – who is inmy team of the season, cracking player and glad he finally hit the heights he’sshowed the potential of- stepped off alittle and that’s all we needed.

Reading this, its frankly sad and pathetic.I used to like City fans, got on very well with them when I worked at Maine Rd andEastlands (4 seasons) but this excuse for a fan that has come out of thewoodwork since the oil-money drives me nuts.

I think we have passed on the mantel ofbitter blues….

Just a comment, thought Vic put in a cracking performance, especially second half.

This game was chalk and cheese and was typical of our season as a whole.

The first half we were absolutely atrocious and Moyes got his tactics all wrong. Every one of our midfield players was a central midfielder so we had absolutely no width. We didn't even compete and our players (apart from Vic) may as well have not even been on the pitch because we gave them complete freedom to play at their leisure. Silva, Viera and Toure were having a field day and were cutting us open at will. When we did get the ball we'd instantly give it away again by aimlessly hoofing the ball upfield, but Vic had no chance up there because he had zero support so any flick ons he did manage to win fell to a City player. We were lucky not to be 3 down by the time we got going in the second half.

But the second half was like watching a completely different side. Whatever Moyes said to them at half time really got them going, and it was amazing what a difference it made having Beckford up there supporting Vic. So fair play to Moyes for biting the bullet and changing things, having Heitinga AND Neville in midfield just wasn't working so getting Neville out of there was the right choice and Heitinga looked far more effective then. It also helped that it wasn't Anichebe alone who was closing City players down, every one of our players decided to do it in the second half and their players didn't like it one bit. That got the crowd going and the City players were shitting themselves and if there was gonna be a winner it was only going to be us from that point on. Getting Cahill on was the catalyst for our equaliser I thought. That's because the City defence were so concerned with watching out for Cahill when we got that free-kick that they neglected others, like Dsitin. We scored two superb and fully deserved goals.

The first half was embarrassing but that second half performance was something to be proud of.

Howard - Made one hell of a crucial save in the second half when it was 1-0, if they'd made it 2-0 that would have been it.

Hibbert - As they all did, he had a shocker of a first half. Defensively all over the place - out of position all the time and backed off too much as usual. Unlike the others he didn't get the opportunity to make up for it inthe second half.

Jagielka - I really wish he'd look up when he has the ball before playing it, then he'd notice that he has options along the ground instead of just keeping his eyes downwards and hoofing it where he hopes one of our players will be. Apart from that I thought he had a good game and even though we were getting cut open in the first half I didn't think that was anything to do with our CB's, but more to do with the midfield infront of them and our two full backs having their heads in the clouds.

Distin - He was solid pretty much all game I thought and got himself on scoresheet with a great header.

Baines - Another rubbish defensive display from Leighton and his crossing and set pieces were below par too.

Rodwell - Why he was played on the wing is simply beyond me. He hardly figured at all out there and didn't help Hibbert at all because he just drifted centrally. And, tbh, when he was shifted to central midfield in the second half he hardly contributed then either. I'm really struggling to see what he brings to our side atm.

Neville - Terrible in the first half and didn't even get close to doing his job. He looked much better when was moved to RB in the second half and was involved in most of our attacking play.

Heitinga - I'm not really sure what he was doing in the first half tbh, the game simply bypassed him. But, for some reason, once Neville was moved from beside him in the second half he really put himself about and put challenges in and had a really good game.

Arteta - Was he even playing in the first half? But he was one of the biggest transformations in the second half, he was like a different player. He got involved in everything and actually put challenges in rather than let the City players pass it around him.

Osman - Exactly the same as Arteta. I barely noticed him in the first half and the support he was supposed to be giving Anichebe was non-existent. But come the second half he was more like the Osman that we've all been raving about recently. And what a header from him to get our winner. The likes of Cahill would have been proud of that, it was pure quality.

Anichebe - I'm one of his biggest critics but I give credit where it's due, no matter who the player is, and he deserves a massive pat on the back for the shift he put in today. While the rest of the side were playing like shithouses in the first half he was the only one who was closing down and putting himself about. And, like I said in the MOTM thread, even when the rest of the team decided to play in the second half his efforts still stood out above the rest and he really was brilliant for us. And for the first time in god knows how long he actually used the strength he has. My MOTM. I really hope this is a turning point for him.

I'm baffled by all the stories about Mancini being baffled about how they lost. Let me clarify it for him...

We scored twice and you scored once Roberto. That means we win you, as the opposing team, lose.

Hope that helps.

Post Man city "NEWS FLASH"..

Man Citys Arab owners have finally come up with a way to beat Everton!....they will get one of their wealthy cousins to buy Everton FC, and when ever the two teams meet there will be a family agreement, games between these two will be treated as a friendly with a pre-match understanding that the light blues WILL win, no resistance will shown by the dark Blues.

There will be no 50-50 tackles, no small dark Blues out jumping light Blues, dark Blues are to show no passion or desire to win.

If even after all this the light Blues fail to score, there will be a penalty awarded to the light Blues in the final minute.During which the dark Blue goalkeeper will turn and face the crowd as the kick is taken.!

If the penalty kick hits the keepers head and rebounds to saftey, it will probably be necessary to re-take the spot kick, this will continue, until the light Blues win.

Next week at the FA cup final, for me Stoke will be the peoples club.May the game be won as a result of a long throw in!

This game was chalk and cheese and was typical of our season as a whole.

The first half we were absolutely atrocious and Moyes got his tactics all wrong. Every one of our midfield players was a central midfielder so we had absolutely no width. We didn't even compete and our players (apart from Vic) may as well have not even been on the pitch because we gave them complete freedom to play at their leisure. Silva, Viera and Toure were having a field day and were cutting us open at will. When we did get the ball we'd instantly give it away again by aimlessly hoofing the ball upfield, but Vic had no chance up there because he had zero support so any flick ons he did manage to win fell to a City player. We were lucky not to be 3 down by the time we got going in the second half.

But the second half was like watching a completely different side. Whatever Moyes said to them at half time really got them going, and it was amazing what a difference it made having Beckford up there supporting Vic. So fair play to Moyes for biting the bullet and changing things, having Heitinga AND Neville in midfield just wasn't working so getting Neville out of there was the right choice and Heitinga looked far more effective then. It also helped that it wasn't Anichebe alone who was closing City players down, every one of our players decided to do it in the second half and their players didn't like it one bit. That got the crowd going and the City players were shitting themselves and if there was gonna be a winner it was only going to be us from that point on. Getting Cahill on was the catalyst for our equaliser I thought. That's because the City defence were so concerned with watching out for Cahill when we got that free-kick that they neglected others, like Dsitin. We scored two superb and fully deserved goals.

The first half was embarrassing but that second half performance was something to be proud of.

Howard - Made one hell of a crucial save in the second half when it was 1-0, if they'd made it 2-0 that would have been it.

Hibbert - As they all did, he had a shocker of a first half. Defensively all over the place - out of position all the time and backed off too much as usual. Unlike the others he didn't get the opportunity to make up for it inthe second half.

Jagielka - I really wish he'd look up when he has the ball before playing it, then he'd notice that he has options along the ground instead of just keeping his eyes downwards and hoofing it where he hopes one of our players will be. Apart from that I thought he had a good game and even though we were getting cut open in the first half I didn't think that was anything to do with our CB's, but more to do with the midfield infront of them and our two full backs having their heads in the clouds.

Distin - He was solid pretty much all game I thought and got himself on scoresheet with a great header.

Baines - Another rubbish defensive display from Leighton and his crossing and set pieces were below par too.

Rodwell - Why he was played on the wing is simply beyond me. He hardly figured at all out there and didn't help Hibbert at all because he just drifted centrally. And, tbh, when he was shifted to central midfield in the second half he hardly contributed then either. I'm really struggling to see what he brings to our side atm.

Neville - Terrible in the first half and didn't even get close to doing his job. He looked much better when was moved to RB in the second half and was involved in most of our attacking play.

Heitinga - I'm not really sure what he was doing in the first half tbh, the game simply bypassed him. But, for some reason, once Neville was moved from beside him in the second half he really put himself about and put challenges in and had a really good game.

Arteta - Was he even playing in the first half? But he was one of the biggest transformations in the second half, he was like a different player. He got involved in everything and actually put challenges in rather than let the City players pass it around him.

Osman - Exactly the same as Arteta. I barely noticed him in the first half and the support he was supposed to be giving Anichebe was non-existent. But come the second half he was more like the Osman that we've all been raving about recently. And what a header from him to get our winner. The likes of Cahill would have been proud of that, it was pure quality.

Anichebe - I'm one of his biggest critics but I give credit where it's due, no matter who the player is, and he deserves a massive pat on the back for the shift he put in today. While the rest of the side were playing like shithouses in the first half he was the only one who was closing down and putting himself about. And, like I said in the MOTM thread, even when the rest of the team decided to play in the second half his efforts still stood out above the rest and he really was brilliant for us. And for the first time in god knows how long he actually used the strength he has. My MOTM. I really hope this is a turning point for him.

To be fair he only played on the right for the first 15 minutes or so and was probably put there to try to nullify Silva. It didnt work and Moyes shifted him inside.

(not that he played any better there!)

Been reading blue moon..... city fans seem especially bitter towards Everton :blink: Anyone know a reason why? (except for us beating them 4 times in a row)

Historically....jealous of our success probably....the only thing they've won more than us is the second division title :P (and the Mickey Mouse cup).

And now they think they should be beating us but they can't because they may have great players but they don't have a great team.

Love the fact that they spout endlessly that playing them is our "cup final" :lol: ! Delusions of grandeur.....they may go on to dominate European football for the next decade if they spend another £500m or so but they've done f'ck all so far.

Go Stoke!

From Shorty on NSNO -

Kolorov elbowed Seamus when they were going off the pitch to which Seamus reacted 'angrily'

a few of the Everton players then got involved. Brian Kidd tried to act as a peacemaker as did Phil Nev at first but then Mancini made a comment to Phil which made him blow his top

don't know what was said but apparently Mancini is well know for his snidey little comments

Lescott tried to get in between seamus and Kolarov to act as a peacemaker and Seamus lashed out at him as well , someone told Seamus that Joleon was ok and a mate and Seamus said "He's not my fucking mate"

If it's true, I could kiss Seamus.