IGNORED

Summer 2011 Transfers

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan Henderson to Liverpool for £20m apparently. Sounds a lot :mellow: .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13685517.stm

Ok that does sound alot, and he didn't exactly impress vs. us this season? I didn't feel he was anything spectacular and never saw anything when he played for England. I think it would have been better for him to have stayed at least another year and then moved?? On a side note (Ihate to admitt it) but Dogleash is starting to build foundations for a young, english side...

Arsenal sign Carl Jenkinson from Charlton.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13695799.stm

Another established player who can take Arsenal onto the next level. Wenger is a stubborn nob.

Edited by tenaciousj

have to say i lol at the shite signing Henderson for £20m thats such a rip off, not even worth £10m if you ask me, but it won't look like anything if the rumours about Carrol being out for the whole of next season are true, he was £35m lol, i do so hope it is true, its going to be so funny

Jordan Henderson to Liverpool for £20m apparently. Sounds a lot :mellow: .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13685517.stm

That sets the benchmark for if we do sell Rodwell this summer.

Also, how ridiculous is the fee Man U are set to pay for Phil Jones?

The transfer market is fucking nuts, it's no wonder we can't even compete for shite players when this is what you pay for average.

That sets the benchmark for if we do sell Rodwell this summer.

Also, how ridiculous is the fee Man U are set to pay for Phil Jones?

The transfer market is fucking nuts, it's no wonder we can't even compete for shite players when this is what you pay for average.

yeah £16m for Jones is abit on the steep side i do agree lol

Seems like the transfer window spending is gonna be SMASHED this year!

The most negative thing about this though, is that Blackburn are about to get an extra £16m for reinforcements and Sunderland have just been given an extra £20m to add to their war-chest. I'm afraid at this rate we're gonna be seriously left in the dust if we don't sell someone like Rodwell. We know its a sell to buy policy and at this rate, it doesn't seem like DM wants to sell (understandably). And the only players he does want to sell or feel the need to sell, have no great value (Yak,Yobo,Vaughn). Our most sellable unwanted asset is Bily, who's only gonna go for £6/7m, which means 80% of that will be spent on a player who needs; not only to replace him, but better him. Oh lord.

All in all, teams who have some money to spend are not only going to spend more than us from a starting point but now have extra due to their selling policy.

Another team who could get some pennies in their purse is Wigan; who are looking to sell N'zogbia for £10m. Looks like Arsehole Young at the Villa will be off in the summer, for a reported £25m, another team competing for our position who're about to get a windfall.

I realise people don't want us to be a selling club and i agree with them but this market looks like one crazy agent-orgy and if we can get big-money for some of our players, i think we'll have to take it :(

This summer is gonna look very bleak indeed.

Edited by tenaciousj

Sunderland after gibson, o'shea and brown skysports glad its them and not us - O'Shea's not bad but the other 2 are awful, cant see why sunderland would want them

HAHAHAHAHA good to see Bruce spending the Henderson money wisely. The absolute knob jockey.

I'd cry if we signed just 1 of them, nevermind all fucking three.

LOL that's cheered me right up.

Fucking Sunderland buying them three? fuck me! The Shite buying Henderson for £20? Even if Liverpool buy Downing, Dann, Adam etc would you be worried about them after spending £60 odd million? I fucking wont. If we get a few good loans a couple of freebies and spend the money wisely we get for the sold players i'd be happyish.

Seems like the transfer window spending is gonna be SMASHED this year!

The most negative thing about this though, is that Blackburn are about to get an extra £16m for reinforcements and Sunderland have just been given an extra £20m to add to their war-chest. I'm afraid at this rate we're gonna be seriously left in the dust if we don't sell someone like Rodwell. We know its a sell to buy policy and at this rate, it doesn't seem like DM wants to sell (understandably). And the only players he does want to sell or feel the need to sell, have no great value (Yak,Yobo,Vaughn). Our most sellable unwanted asset is Bily, who's only gonna go for £6/7m, which means 80% of that will be spent on a player who needs; not only to replace him, but better him. Oh lord.

All in all, teams who have some money to spend are not only going to spend more than us from a starting point but now have extra due to their selling policy.

Another team who could get some pennies in their purse is Wigan; who are looking to sell N'zogbia for £10m. Looks like Arsehole Young at the Villa will be off in the summer, for a reported £25m, another team competing for our position who're about to get a windfall.

I realise people don't want us to be a selling club and i agree with them but this market looks like one crazy agent-orgy and if we can get big-money for some of our players, i think we'll have to take it :(

This summer is gonna look very bleak indeed.

i do agree with what you are saying, it saddens me to think we have to sell our better players to bring others in, but it seems like if we don't we are going to get left in the dust next season if we are not careful Moyes needs to get some cash from somewhere, what we have been linked with so far does'nt look like its going to be enough, its concerning to say the least.

Fucking Sunderland buying them three? fuck me! The Shite buying Henderson for £20? Even if Liverpool buy Downing, Dann, Adam etc would you be worried about them after spending £60 odd million? I fucking wont. If we get a few good loans a couple of freebies and spend the money wisely we get for the sold players i'd be happyish.

Something in that post that I agree with.

i do agree with what you are saying, it saddens me to think we have to sell our better players to bring others in, but it seems like if we don't we are going to get left in the dust next season if we are not careful Moyes needs to get some cash from somewhere, what we have been linked with so far does'nt look like its going to be enough, its concerning to say the least.

I dont get this. We have been skint for the last 10 year, teams around us spend buckets yet we finish higher than most of them. Im not starting my defence again because im tired of doing it every year, I will just say this - we dont need money, we need the right players and the right players dont always cost a fortune.

I dont get this. We have been skint for the last 10 year, teams around us spend buckets yet we finish higher than most of them. Im not starting my defence again because im tired of doing it every year, I will just say this - we dont need money, we need the right players and the right players dont always cost a fortune.

well lets just see then, but none of the names mentioned so far are going to make us any better than we already are imo.

NOt a done deal but is looking ever so likely:

Young to United

i find this transfer astounding tbh, after what happened against Barca, so far they have spent £16m on a defender, who is more of 'one for the future' he aint going to break up Vidic and Rio, and now they are talking about signing this pile of shite, for even more money!! i have tried, and i really don't see what the fuss is about when it comes to Young, the other week they were talking about signing Sneider, i know who id rather have in my team lol, Fergie said they would come back stronger next year, don't see how Young and Jones are going to make them stronger

Edited by theprisoner

Martinez to Villa!? Good step up for him. I like Martinez, the way he sets his teams up to play but i'm gonna have to dislike now he's on his way there!

yeah i do too, if Moyes had gone to Villa, i was hoping that BK would have made a move for Martinez

I'm sorry but he's just about escaped relegation for the second season running, Villa are mad to be looking at him and I'd be scared shitless if we ever moved for Martinez.

The whole thing about Wigan playing good football under him is the biggest pile of shite I have ever heard. Wigan are still a pub style side. And he his signings are bollocks. Everything Moyes has built would be destroyed in the space of half a season under Martinez.

The whole thing about Wigan playing good football under him is the biggest pile of shite I have ever heard. Wigan are still a pub style side. And he his signings are bollocks. Everything Moyes has built would be destroyed in the space of half a season under Martinez.

IS it the biggest!? ;) Really? Is there nothing else that tops it? Nothing like bringing up the potential law-suit against an incident that happened over 25 years ago? Is that statement really the biggest :P