IGNORED

Beckford

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sell Beckford then we deserve all we get as far as I'm concerned. It will be the stupidest move imaginable. Give the guy 38 games, and see how he does FFS. There's another window in January.

I wonder how long it'll take Moyes to start bemoaning our lack of goals and strikers...

All you'll get out of me then is maniacal laughter.

If we sell Beckford then we deserve all we get as far as I'm concerned. It will be the stupidest move imaginable. Give the guy 38 games, and see how he does FFS. There's another window in January.

spot on. I really hope this isnt true....

He annoys me at times, but would like to keep him. After saying/hearing all last year that he needs to get used to the prem and probably needs a season to get up to speed, then selling after one season, sounds a bit stupid. Then again, if £4 million is true, that's not a bad bit of business to be honest.

He annoys me at times, but would like to keep him. After saying/hearing all last year that he needs to get used to the prem and probably needs a season to get up to speed, then selling after one season, sounds a bit stupid. Then again, if £4 million is true, that's not a bad bit of business to be honest.

If I give you a Ferrari for free, you have a 200k motor. If Marco asks you to sell it for 10k, will you?

It's not good business because the lad is a talent, and worth far more than 4million. Am I the only one who can see this lad is special? Give him a chance, or regret it.

It's not good business because the lad is a talent, and worth far more than 4million. Am I the only one who can see this lad is special? Give him a chance, or regret it.

Perhaps he is worth more than 4.5 mill, but not much more 6 mill tops, in our current state it is good business as its 4.5 mill we can wipe off our date plus x mill off the wage bill.

I dont think we will regret it, he will do well at Leicester if he goes, but as I said i dont think he will.

Perhaps he is worth more than 4.5 mill, but not much more 6 mill tops, in our current state it is good business as its 4.5 mill we can wipe off our date plus x mill off the wage bill.

I dont think we will regret it, he will do well at Leicester if he goes, but as I said i dont think he will.

How can you put a 6m value on the guy without seeing him play a full season? My valuation is based on watching the guy play football both with us and Leeds. I really believe he has what it takes. Sven is no muppet, and has far more experience than Moyes has. Take a look how expensive the so called 'best' strikers in the league were to buy. You can't buy a Ginsters pasty for less than 6m these days, let alone a great player with the blistering pace of Beckford.

How can you put a 6m value on the guy without seeing him play a full season? My valuation is based on watching the guy play football both with us and Leeds. I really believe he has what it takes. Sven is no muppet, and has far more experience than Moyes has. Take a look how expensive the so called 'best' strikers in the league were to buy. You can't buy a Ginsters pasty for less than 6m these days, let alone a great player with the blistering pace of Beckford.

on what grounds is he a great player? playing for Leeds and Playing for us is not comparing apples with apples, if he was good enough he would be in the first team and more than Leicester would be after him. As for Sven agree he has more experience but i know who i would prefer managing Everton.

on what grounds is he a great player? playing for Leeds and Playing for us is not comparing apples with apples, if he was good enough he would be in the first team and more than Leicester would be after him. As for Sven agree he has more experience but i know who i would prefer managing Everton.

Villa Park, Anfield, Old Trafford, Whitehart lane, Goodison, Emirates ......... leggit.gif

His potential? Scouse you do realize he is probably at his peak now with the age he is? His pace will start to go soon enough, however I'm still gutted, I liked Becks sad.png

i know hint of sarcasm sorry, like Marco i dont think its a big loss and good value for us in 4.5 mill, misses to many chances for the PL, championship is his level in my opinion.

Those who think it's good value, why don't we sell Arteta for 3 million, or perhaps Cahill for a fiver? Perhaps we can throw in Jags for 4 or 5 mill and Baines, as long as we get a profit, huh?

ALL our players were bought cheap other than Fellaini and Bilyaletdinov and possibly Yak.

Take the 4m for Beckford, and then go out and buy a striker with it. You couldn't even buy him back for 4m. He's not on big wages either.