IGNORED

Beckford

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Beckford score ten goals? Not 8 as the article suggests?

In either case, Beckford is a strong positional player, if he had simply put away some of the clear cut chances he had last season, as well as scoring some of the wonder goals such as Bolton, he could have easily had 14-15 goals last term. Considering how little we have to offer up front there is no chance Beckford will move on in either this window or January.

Didn't Beckford score ten goals? Not 8 as the article suggests?

In either case, Beckford is a strong positional player, if he had simply put away some of the clear cut chances he had last season, as well as scoring some of the wonder goals such as Bolton, he could have easily had 14-15 goals last term. Considering how little we have to offer up front there is no chance Beckford will move on in either this window or January.

Beckford scored 8 in the league, another in the League Cup and another one in the FA Cup.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a load of bollocks, they had Yakubu and sent him back cos £4m was too much, supposedly offered £3m for Anichebe, now its supposedly £3m for Beckford, they might come in with a £3m bid for Saha, or ask for Vellios on Loan.

3 mill for Beckford is a joke anyways. worth atleast 5, probably more. I still have high hopes for him and i think he wil come good. Im with avinalaff on this, I think Beckford could score a lot more goals if he was given the correct passes. Perhaps not 30 but atleast 17-20.

Keep him, he is young, only had what 1 full season in the prem? I think he will score double digits this year.

3 mill for Beckford is a joke anyways. worth atleast 5, probably more. I still have high hopes for him and i think he wil come good. Im with avinalaff on this, I think Beckford could score a lot more goals if he was given the correct passes. Perhaps not 30 but atleast 17-20.

Keep him, he is young, only had what 1 full season in the prem? I think he will score double digits this year.

He's turning 28 in December. He'll never be a 20 goals a season striker IMHO.

Bingo.

He's turning 28 in December. He'll never be a 20 goals a season striker IMHO.

He's 27 until he's 28 (your mother would not be pleased lol) , and was a scoring machine for his last club with 72 goals in 126 appearances, and bearing in mind that some of those appearances were as subs.

His 10 goals for us last season came as a result of 'bit parts' and some of the goals he scored were top class. For him to get 10 goals for a team that couldn't score to save it's life last season, and do it with very little time on the pitch is nothing short of fantastic.

A free player too. smile.png

1327 minutes of league action, with 8 goals and 2 assists.

A goal every 165 minutes, which is better than 1 in 2.

To compare (taken from Redcafe) :

..........Name..............Minutes played..........min per goal

1...Dimitar Berbatov......... 2207...................... 110,35 2nd

2...Carlos Tevez...............2521....................... 126,05 4th

3...Robin v. Persie............1770....................... 98,333 1st

4...Darren Bent.................3144...................... 184,94

5...Peter Odemwingie........2620...................... 174,67

6...Florent Malouda...........2801...................... 213,46

7...Rafael Van der Vaart....2225...................... 171,15

8...Dirk Kuyt....................2816...................... 216,62

9...Andrew Carroll.............2070...................... 159,23 5th

10.DJ Campbell................2674...................... 205,69

11.Javier Hernandez..........1490...................... 114,62 3rd

Robin van Persie Arsenal FC 1769 18 98.28 Dimitar Berbatov Manchester United 2209 20 110.5 Javier Hernandez Manchester United 1484 13 114.2 Daniel Sturridge Bolton Wanderers 973 8 121.6 Carlos Tevez Manchester City 2528 20 126.4 Steven Fletcher Wolverhampton Wanderers 1393 10 139.3 Andy Carroll Newcastle United 1625 11 147.7 Darren Bent Aston Villa FC 1400 9 155.6 Salomon Kalou Chelsea FC 1567 10 156.7 Jermaine Beckford Everton FC 1320 8 165.0

used this:

http://www.imscoutin...orts-generator/

first season in the prem to finish that high is very impressive if you ask me..couple that with the chances he fucked up that he may put away with more prem experience then we could have a very good goalscorer

it was a pretty table when i posted it :lol: ah well you all get the point!

Edited by marcopaulo

Robin van Persie Arsenal FC 1769 18 98.28 Dimitar Berbatov Manchester United 2209 20 110.5 Javier Hernandez Manchester United 1484 13 114.2 Daniel Sturridge Bolton Wanderers 973 8 121.6 Carlos Tevez Manchester City 2528 20 126.4 Steven Fletcher Wolverhampton Wanderers 1393 10 139.3 Andy Carroll Newcastle United 1625 11 147.7 Darren Bent Aston Villa FC 1400 9 155.6 Salomon Kalou Chelsea FC 1567 10 156.7 Jermaine Beckford Everton FC 1320 8 165.0

used this:

http://www.imscoutin...orts-generator/

first season in the prem to finish that high is very impressive if you ask me..couple that with the chances he fucked up that he may put away with more prem experience then we could have a very good goalscorer

it was a pretty table when i posted it laugh.png ah well you all get the point!

You can always put your coffee on it. biggrin.png

SSN Reporting bid of £2.5m

We cant even contemplate this offer, he scored 10 goals last season which for a first season and the amount of minutes he played is great, there is no way we are going to get someone in for £2.5m (Given moyes gets it all to play with, or possibly the other £2.5m for Vaughan) and this late on in the window to get us a minimum of 10 goals this season.

apparently Nottingham Forrest want both Yakubu and Beckford. (saw on twitter with some links to odd footbal sites incl Tribal)

Why the hell would everton sell Beckford? Leave us with an injury prone Saha, an injured Guyue, an unproven velios, a broken Ani and bunch of youngsters and an unhappy/lazy Yakubu.

Yes, lets sell Yakubu, no way in hell should we sell Beckford, unless we have a new number 1 lined up instead of Saha. (Buy, not loan Sturridge for example)

So the question is what is his value to the club and how much would you sell him for?

I wouldn't sell him, full stop.

I was dead against us signing him but he more than proved me wrong. He had a massive step up in quality to make by coming from League 1 to the Premier League and I think he acquitted himself really well with the amount of goals he got. His movement is top drawer IMO, and seriously impressed me. Plus, he's got bags of pace and pace is something we are crying out for in this side. So it'll piss me off no end if we get rid of one of our only pacey players.

Also, I think he's the perfect partner for Saha. Saha drops deep and links the midfield to the strikers, while Beckford goal hangs basically.

Be madness to let this happen if there is any truth in it. I thought Beckford started to look better and better as he adjusted to life in the Prem. It was a big step up for him and if he can build on last season will be a useful player.

£3mill is pretty derisory really for a player who scored 10 goals last season, 8 in the league. How many goals did Shane Long manage when he played in the prem?

sorry but long was just bought for £6m, not saying he is better or worse, the reality is Beckford can score in the prem - we take a premium on the basis that we can appropriately tag a players quality as being premier league class.

Anichebe isn't and I would say a bid of £4m plus would be appropriate, so why would £2.5m be considered for Beckford? joke of an offer.

If we could find a better player for £6m then we would be doing very well indeed, he doesn't tick all boxes for me but I would sooner have him than the likes of Ngog who liverpool value at alot more than £2.5m.

If they came in at £8m we should look to do business and hopefully we have a good recruit identified, as romey said, his movement is excellent, for me his finishing is ok, touches that up a little and we are in business.