IGNORED

Blue Union

Louis

Are we entitled? No - there is no law. "Do we deserve" - to which the answer is a resounding yes.

If it wasn't for the fact that we are now years down the line with the only money coming into the club being from that of the fans, player sales, TV and Premier league then most definately. The fan base is paramount to the clubs survival - they can not keep closing the door on us, we have been silenced (AGM's) - banners confiscated, hit with ridiculous spin whilst suffering that disgrace of what wass Ian Ross.

People pay good money to publicise something that is for sale - so unless the figure is something that is likely to cause outrage among the fans then I don't see any other reason as to why they haven't done it.

Sorry but thats childish. No information is forthcoming, its frustrating but its the way it is. Go ask Nestle / Mars / Stella / Guinness / BMW / Virgin / etc what their asking price is because you buy a lot of their products and you "deserve" to know.

Lets not do this again Haf, we know where we both stand. Ive not done this dance with Paul yet ;)

Edited by Matt

Right Matt, the quoting system hasn't quite worked:-

By protesting they are highlighting a problem, and are publicly highlighting that there needs improvements in the boardroom. Problem was already well known for years.

If a player plays badly do you think Moyes has a go at the player? I do. Well by protesting that is one way of highlighting to the board that they are not performing well enough. It's a method of communication. Fair enough, but again how effective is it? Also Employer and employee communication is one thing, customer to supplier is another.

You've got a tactic of spending as much money on merchandising as possible. Commendable. In the realisation that Everton are skint, I take it that this now means that you are purposely purchasing more than previously? Not delibrately, I buy when I can afford it (which has only been in the last 5 years or so) and what I like. The LCS shirts in the last few years and Nike stuff has given more reason to buy. My point was this is my way of helping which is effective, and not refusing to buy which hinders (although I can understand the reasons behind refusing, I dont agree with it).

Now I'm sure you'll agree that this tactic would be better if more Evertonians were doing the same. So are you making moves to encourage more Evertonians to do the same? Can you give me examples on here where you have actively chose to do so? Ive communicated to family and friends offers or new stuff coming in. Ive encouraged everyone I know pretty much to come the game with me when Im home (since I now live abroad this is only a few games a year, hopefully will change soon though) and usually get 4-5 of us together. Ive put any links for 24hr sales up on here.

One obstacle you have now doubt met in this is the no colours attitude that may Evertonians have. How are you getting on in tackling this? Any problems? Have you asked for help at all? Can you explain what you mean by "no colours".

I haven't come across any movements by anyone to tackle this, so maybe you're struggling to get your message across, or you haven't made any movements. However I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Should I criticise you for struggling to get the message out. Or should I give you a word of encouragement for trying to get the message out along with advice or help? Look, I think the BU intentions initially were good but poorly executed. They then started to contradict themselves somewhat and whenever they give statements its the same format; start reasonable for the 1st paragraph before descending into sniping. The biggest thing I have a problem with is their either refusal or inability to give a balanced argument.

I think your tactics are poorly executed, your intentions are fine, but just telling mates about offers? You've looked into the merchandising yet not understood the stumbling block of fans not buying replica clothing as a fashion statement (no colours), so your tactics are poorly researched. See my point???

Sorry but thats childish. No information is forthcoming, its frustrating but its the way it is. Go ask Nestle / Mars / Stella / Guinness / BMW / Virgin / etc what their asking price is because you buy a lot of their products and you "deserve" to know.

Lets not do this again Haf, we know where we both stand. Ive not done this dance with Paul yet wink.png

When companies like this are for sale they do say, all that stuff comes up on bloomberg and its announced to the markets that a company is up for sale or floating whatever it is, and usually for how much as well

With us it's like the Illuminati and all cloak and dagger secret handshakes stuff

Edited by theprisoner

So what changes when you find out the price?

Depending on how reasonable they deem the price to be the Blue Union get to...

A. Shout "Kenwright Out" a bit louder.

B. Say, "Good valuation Mr K, best of luck in your future endeavours."

Suspect I know which way it'd go.

Right Matt, the quoting system hasn't quite worked:

I think your tactics are poorly executed, your intentions are fine, but just telling mates about offers? You've looked into the merchandising yet not understood the stumbling block of fans not buying replica clothing as a fashion statement (no colours), so your tactics are poorly researched. See my point???

My tactics are poor?! Get off your pedestal. I have no delusions of grandeur unlike some. What tactics? my point was I support my club by doing what I can and I do support them rather than follow them, which is not what you were implying:

IT's easy to sit back and pull holes in tactics, but then the detractors should have a look at their own tactics and ask themselves if they are are merely an observer of Everton or a supporter of Everton.

Just because I think the BU are an embarrassment more than a help does not make me, or any other of the people who think theyre a joke, less of a supporter. I support Everton, not that bunch of clowns (queue predictable jokes of our club being run by clowns). The Blue Union are trying 1 way of change. Though their intentions are good, their tactics are so poorly executed I believe they are doing more damage than good...

Out of curiousity, may I ask what you have done to right the wrongs?

Edited by Matt

Depending on how reasonable they deem the price to be the Blue Union get to...

A. Shout "Kenwright Out" a bit louder.

B. Say, "Good valuation Mr K, best of luck in your future endeavours."

Suspect I know which way it'd go.

I'm guessing B, they seem like a reasonable bunch rolleyes.gif

I'm hoping they have a whip round then moan at each other for not having any money. They're like the 3 stooges without the comedy value.

I'm guessing B, they seem like a reasonable bunch rolleyes.gif

I'm hoping they have a whip round then moan at each other for not having any money. They're like the 3 stooges without the comedy value.

Cant do that Pete, says nowhere on their home page that they will look for new investment (though they do ask for donations to help them), but that they will help the current owners and board.

That we would assist the Owner, the Chairman, the Board and the Executive Officers in their endeavours to attract investment and/or a take over of the Club.

http://www.theblueunion.com/about-us

Since the current owners and board have no interest in their help, they'll stomp their feet instead....

Edited by Matt

IT's easy to sit back and pull holes in tactics, but then the detractors should have a look at their own tactics and ask themselves if they are are merely an observer of Everton or a supporter of Everton

comments like that imply people who are against the BU aren't real supporters..idiots who spout shite like this from either side make either argument less respectable

Cant do that Pete, says nowhere on their home page that they will look for new investment (though they do ask for donations to help them), but that they will help the current owners and board.

http://www.theblueunion.com/about-us

Since the current owners and board have no interest in their help, they'll stomp their feet instead....

If not helping find new investment, what could they possible offer... and even if they could help, once they have a conceivable plan, I'm sure the club would listen. (Apologies I'm on repeat now)All they seem to do is say what they are going to do without, stating any of the hows. They'll be devastated if we beat united on the first day and they have to delay their immature protests - the most inane protests I've seen (and I used to walk past protests daily on Oxford Road), they actually have no message and serve no purpose. Argh! they burn my head out, the fact they drag the clubs name through the mud and go against traditional Evertonian values pisses me off as well.

My tactics are poor?! Get off your pedestal. I have no delusions of grandeur unlike some. What tactics? my point was I support my club by doing what I can and I do support them rather than follow them, which is not what you were implying:

Just because I think the BU are an embarrassment more than a help does not make me, or any other of the people who think theyre a joke, less of a supporter. I support Everton, not that bunch of clowns (queue predictable jokes of our club being run by clowns). The Blue Union are trying 1 way of change. Though their intentions are good, their tactics are so poorly executed I believe they are doing more damage than good...

Out of curiousity, may I ask what you have done to right the wrongs?

No you didn't get my point.

Blue Union are made up of normal people who are supporting the club by doing what they can.

Yet when I provoked you of not what you can in the right manner you kicked off, so why is it ok for you criticise them for going about the things in a manner you disagree with, but not for me to criticise you?

My reply used your argument style of unconstructive criticism and you tell me to get off my pedestal? Can you not therefore see the hypocrisy in your post?

I demonstrated that I can rip into how you execute your tactics, but what is the benefit of that?

You've asked what I have done. I've done very little since Kirkby. I'm just not that bothered anymore. I am not as passionate as I was, but it is still an interest rather than a passion. Everton is about a piss up to me now I dont care that much win or lose, BUT my point that I'm making is that I respect fans such as the Blue Union who make an effort for something they love, and I will defend people who make an effort for their love.

To see supporters who reckon they're passionate about their but sit on the arses and criticises those for making an effort is pathetic, plus to accuse those people who make an effort as embarrassing? Embarrassing to who? Why would would you feel embarrassed about a passionate Evertonian making an effort?

comments like that imply people who are against the BU aren't real supporters..idiots who spout shite like this from either side make either argument less respectable

Why does it? It is not a criticism it a question about reflection on who you are as an Evertonian, I 'm an observer nowadays whereas once upon a time I was a supporter. As a supporter I would make an effort to do what I could to improve Everton to any degree as opposed to a passive who finds Everton an interesting subject.

Blue Union are made up of normal people who are supporting the club by doing what they can. Details, how are you/they doing all they can?

Yet when I provoked you of not what you can in the right manner you kicked off, so why is it ok for you criticise them for going about the things in a manner you disagree with, but not for me to criticise you? I accidentally no made sense. Provoke someone, then moan when they react and criticise you, you be serious?

My reply used your argument style of unconstructive criticism and you tell me to get off my pedestal? Can you not therefore see the hypocrisy in your post? Therefore hypocrisy... hmmm. You're trying hard to sound intelligent and balanced. I feel bad for you, well people who have to put up with you, all the nodding and agreeing that you know all must be so tiresome for them.

I demonstrated that I can rip into how you execute your tactics, but what is the benefit of that? ​Demonstrated what? If you can't find flaws in someone else's logic, how can you hold your own as gospel?

You've asked what I have done. I've done very little since Kirkby. I'm just not that bothered anymore. I am not as passionate as I was, but it is still an interest rather than a passion. Everton is about a piss up to me now I dont care that much win or lose, BUT my point that I'm making is that I respect fans such as the Blue Union who make an effort for something they love, and I will defend people who make an effort for their love. So you make less effort than Matt, yet tare into him for not doing enough. Hypocrisy*?

*assuming your definition.

To see supporters who reckon they're passionate about their but sit on the arses and criticises those for making an effort is pathetic, plus to accuse those people who make an effort as embarrassing? Embarrassing to who? Why would would you feel embarrassed about a passionate Evertonian making an effort? I'm no grammar-nazi, I am actually quite bad it, but you are taking the piss. At least put some effort in making your nonsense legible. Making an effort, how-details? They are a huge embarrassment and a disgrace to the club, only sing when we're losing. Passionate, yes. Misguided, most definitely. Only effort up to now has been some bad press, well done tell me how BU have helped the club in any way. If anything they will be in the minuses column when a potential buyer assesses whether to invest in the club. Seriously who would invest in fans like you/them?

Blue Union are made up of normal people who are supporting the club by doing what they can. As am I but my tactics are poor but the BU are doing a better job? Or is your point has been that you dont think theyre doing a good job but at least theyre trying to do something?

Yet when I provoked you of not what you can in the right manner you kicked off, so why is it ok for you criticise them for going about the things in a manner you disagree with, but not for me to criticise you? I had a bad day yesterday with work, I shouldve raised above the provocation. You can criticize all you like, but dont do it in a belittling manner (intended or not, it came across that way). Its a debate, you're entitled to your opinion. Im also entitled to be offended by said opinion.

My reply used your argument style of unconstructive criticism and you tell me to get off my pedestal? Can you not therefore see the hypocrisy in your post? If you read back through the hundreds of posts in this thread you'll see ive made my argument in much clearer ways (i hope) and Im tired of the whole debate. By this time I was irate from having the same debate again and the shite at work, shouldnt have let that creep into the argument. Since youve already admitted to provoking me, I'd ask you to take my response more as defensive than hypocritical.

I demonstrated that I can rip into how you execute your tactics, but what is the benefit of that? I demonstrated, and have argued many times in this thread and others, how to rip into theirs, I just dont want to keep repeating myself. The benefit is that, going through it time and again, the arguments get rephrased and the message can be transmitted and received in different ways. Maybe a fresh approach or idea will come of it. Challenging opinions, tactics, ideas etc promotes new opinions, tactics and ideas. How can it be anything but a good thing?

You've asked what I have done. I've done very little since Kirkby. I'm just not that bothered anymore. I am not as passionate as I was, but it is still an interest rather than a passion. Everton is about a piss up to me now I dont care that much win or lose, BUT my point that I'm making is that I respect fans such as the Blue Union who make an effort for something they love, and I will defend people who make an effort for their love. Fair enough.

To see supporters who reckon they're passionate about their but sit on the arses and criticises those for making an effort is pathetic, plus to accuse those people who make an effort as embarrassing? Embarrassing to who? Why would would you feel embarrassed about a passionate Evertonian making an effort?

Im embarrassed about the way they go about showing their passion and I believe it is detrimental to the clubs image. Yes, their intentions for change are good and their energy and determination is commendable. But theyre approach following the clubs refusal to work with them has not been constructive, its not been balanced. Most of them seem to have jumped on the bandwagon due to a well founded frustration, compounded by the snub from the powers at EFC and dont follow the principles the BU was founded on. They'd rather bleat the same chants over and over whilst not actually contributing anything productive. Ive tried to speak with BU supporters and theyre a mixed group; a few are reasonable but the majority Ive encountered think that because I have a bit of faith in Kenwright and dont support their group that they dont listen to anything I say, much like a child putting their fingers in their ears and going "nah nah nah nah, not listening". I want change. We need change. What I want is for people to put forward a balanced argument, to acknowledge the good thats been done then weigh it against the cock ups.

For the record, I travel every week and live abroad now, so its not like I can get over at the moment to do anything more productive. If I move home, I would love to try and help in whatever way I can. I gave 1 example of how I try to help, there are others but im not going sit here and document everything.

One final question on this, then im stopping because im tired of this argument (overall, not just with you). What have they actually done with all this? What more have they achieved compared to the guy sitting on his arse?

Blue Union are made up of normal people who are supporting the club by doing what they can. theyre trying to do something?

This

Yet when I provoked you of not what you can in the right manner you kicked off, so why is it ok for you criticise them for going about the things in a manner you disagree with, but not for me to criticise you? I had a bad day yesterday with work, I shouldve raised above the provocation. You can criticize all you like, but dont do it in a belittling manner (intended or not, it came across that way). Its a debate, you're entitled to your opinion. Im also entitled to be offended by said opinion.

I was demonstrating to you that it's easy to sit back, make little effort yourself and pick holes in someone making an effort. I was doing to you what you were doing to the Blue Union, and you took offence.

My reply used your argument style of unconstructive criticism and you tell me to get off my pedestal? Can you not therefore see the hypocrisy in your post? Since youve already admitted to provoking me, I'd ask you to take my response more as defensive than hypocritical.

See above, I was purposely provoking you to show you that it's easy to take offence and respond via accusations. So next time you read a Blue Union member argue back in a manner you don't like hopefully you will realise that you do too.

I demonstrated that I can rip into how you execute your tactics, but what is the benefit of that? I demonstrated, and have argued many times in this thread and others, how to rip into theirs, I just dont want to keep repeating myself. The benefit is that, going through it time and again, the arguments get rephrased and the message can be transmitted and received in different ways. Maybe a fresh approach or idea will come of it. Challenging opinions, tactics, ideas etc promotes new opinions, tactics and ideas. How can it be anything but a good thing?

Approach them and offer your help. It's not easy to orchestrate a perfectly manouvered attack of the board. Is there a guidline to how to do it? The Blue Union will be made up of a small no of activist, then many people who support their ideals. So how do you get every single supporter of their ideals to act in a manner befitting to yourself? That is not easy at all. In fact you touch on this further down where you mention about not all of them following the principles the BU is founded on.

Im embarrassed about the way they go about showing their passion and I believe it is detrimental to the clubs image. Yes, their intentions for change are good and their energy and determination is commendable. But theyre approach following the clubs refusal to work with them has not been constructive, its not been balanced. Most of them seem to have jumped on the bandwagon due to a well founded frustration, compounded by the snub from the powers at EFC and dont follow the principles the BU was founded on. They'd rather bleat the same chants over and over whilst not actually contributing anything productive. Ive tried to speak with BU supporters and theyre a mixed group; a few are reasonable but the majority Ive encountered think that because I have a bit of faith in Kenwright and dont support their group that they dont listen to anything I say, much like a child putting their fingers in their ears and going "nah nah nah nah, not listening". I want change. We need change. What I want is for people to put forward a balanced argument, to acknowledge the good thats been done then weigh it against the cock ups.

For the record, I travel every week and live abroad now, so its not like I can get over at the moment to do anything more productive. If I move home, I would love to try and help in whatever way I can. I gave 1 example of how I try to help, there are others but im not going sit here and document everything.

One final question on this, then im stopping because im tired of this argument (overall, not just with you). What have they actually done with all this? What more have they achieved compared to the guy sitting on his arse?

Well I don't feel embarrassed on how other choose to show their passion, Everton are made up of many fans I accept that fans will show passion in different ways to one another. I applaud people who have the strength to go against the grain and do not feel embarrassed by it.

Re the clubs refusal to work with them and their reaction to it. Have you ever spoke to the club? They frustrate the hell out of you.

What have they achieved? They have come up with a plans on how to do Goodison showing how it can work on various budgets and stages. They also put the pressure on the board and the board delivered in January. Will the board have delivered if they didn't put pressure on? Who knows.

Fair enough, you dont understand the criticism they get because theyre at least doing something, even if theyre doing it badly (which is a matter of opinion, you didnt actually say if you think theyre doing a good or bad job).

You seemed to ignore / miss the point on most of the rest of my post, so Im going to stop. I wish you all the best and hope you enjoy the season next year.

Blue Union are made up of normal people who are supporting the club by doing what they can. Details, how are you/they doing all they can?

Protests, meetings, pressure on press, plans designed for a new Goodison. Surely that passes as all they can. Want more from them? Then help them.

Yet when I provoked you of not what you can in the right manner you kicked off, so why is it ok for you criticise them for going about the things in a manner you disagree with, but not for me to criticise you? I accidentally no made sense. Provoke someone, then moan when they react and criticise you, you be serious?

Below you cririticised my grammar and said a sentence was nonsensical because I missed a word out. I do not wish to enter a petty argument and slanging match over grammar though.

My reply used your argument style of unconstructive criticism and you tell me to get off my pedestal? Can you not therefore see the hypocrisy in your post? Therefore hypocrisy... hmmm. You're trying hard to sound intelligent and balanced. I feel bad for you, well people who have to put up with you, all the nodding and agreeing that you know all must be so tiresome for them.

That reply does not add anything to the debate, again I'm not interested in a slanging match. The point I was making to Matt was that it is easy to point flaws in an argument, but when you're making an effort it's not as easy to look at flaws at all angles, so why not offer support and advice as to how to do things better rather than just have a go at them?

I demonstrated that I can rip into how you execute your tactics, but what is the benefit of that? ​Demonstrated what? If you can't find flaws in someone else's logic, how can you hold your own as gospel?

As above

You've asked what I have done. I've done very little since Kirkby. I'm just not that bothered anymore. I am not as passionate as I was, but it is still an interest rather than a passion. Everton is about a piss up to me now I dont care that much win or lose, BUT my point that I'm making is that I respect fans such as the Blue Union who make an effort for something they love, and I will defend people who make an effort for their love. So you make less effort than Matt, yet tare into him for not doing enough. Hypocrisy*?

*assuming your definition.

I am not having a go at people for making an effort. I was demonstrating to Matt that it is easy to criticise his effort, just as easy as it his for him to criticise the Blue Union, but as I said what is the point of me criticising him for making an effort? Why not offer suggestions, encouragement or even better help?

To see supporters who reckon they're passionate about their but sit on the arses and criticises those for making an effort is pathetic, plus to accuse those people who make an effort as embarrassing? Embarrassing to who? Why would would you feel embarrassed about a passionate Evertonian making an effort? I'm no grammar-nazi, I am actually quite bad it, but you are taking the piss. At least put some effort in making your nonsense legible. Making an effort, how-details? They are a huge embarrassment and a disgrace to the club, only sing when we're losing. Passionate, yes. Misguided, most definitely. Only effort up to now has been some bad press, well done tell me how BU have helped the club in any way. If anything they will be in the minuses column when a potential buyer assesses whether to invest in the club. Seriously who would invest in fans like you/them?

After 'their' was supposed to be club. My first response should answer the rest as to what they've done, there's only so much that they can put things to the club. Some ideas may not be worthwhile, but they're trying. Can you come up with ideas yourself on any feature of Everton? Matt did.

Protests, meetings, pressure on press, plans designed for a new Goodison. Surely that passes as all they can. Want more from them? Then help them.

BU havent made plans for a new Goodison. Suggesting derelict areas and drawing mock ups of foreign stadiums with a blue colour scheme and a Everton badge on is not a plan.

How? Protests about what? Pressure on the press to do what?

Matt asked what they're trying to do, you replied 'This.' please elaborate.

Fair enough, you dont understand the criticism they get because theyre at least doing something, even if theyre doing it badly (which is a matter of opinion, you didnt actually say if you think theyre doing a good or bad job).

You seemed to ignore / miss the point on most of the rest of my post, so Im going to stop. I wish you all the best and hope you enjoy the season next year.

If there's a valid point you believe I should have addressed put it down again, and I will. I thought I addressed what needed to be.

I don't see it as a black and white issue whether they're doing a good job or not. It's about what your cause is and fighting any way you can to try and get some results. Perhaps it's like a match, I want to win first. How you win is secondary. Maybe you're more interested how you go about trying to win. They're still fighting the match is not over. Maybe you can sense a better way of achieving the cause, good, try it.

I've done stuff like this before over the stadium issue so I know how tough it is to get the message out there. The finance stuff I haven't got involved in, I find it boring to be honest, so I haven't got involved in that side of the debate. I'm on a break, recharge the batteries, but I see their frustration from their side of the fence.

You speak to people at the club who even admit they're not happy with certain elements but don't do anything about it themselves. You go to the Echo over those same elements and they dont touch it, you go to the fanzines they ignore the issue. Yet privately they agree with you. So what do you do if you're powerless to knock down a wall? You have to keep chipping away at the same point.

BU havent made plans for a new Goodison. Suggesting derelict areas and drawing mock ups of foreign stadiums with a blue colour scheme and a Everton badge on is not a plan.

How? Protests about what? Pressure on the press to do what?

Matt asked what they're trying to do, you replied 'This.' please elaborate.

Blue Union are made up of normal people who are supporting the club by doing what they can. As am I but my tactics are poor but the BU are doing a better job? Or is your point has been that you dont think theyre doing a good job but at least theyre trying to do something?

By this, it was "they're doing something".

You asked what are they doing, I told you, yet you are not happy with their effort as your reply above? So if you think their effort is not enough, or good enough, are you now going to shame us all with your efforts?

Feel free to approach the plans for Goodison, and feel free to offer improvements, and amendments. We all benefit from improvements.

Protests about what? Do you not remember them? Pressure on press to move on from the plucky Everton tag to having a closer look to having a look a nose into Everton's finances.

My stance in this thread is that it's easy to sit back doing nothing and find holes in others actions.

Edited by paul

I really don't know enough about Blue Union to have a complete opinion about how they go about their business.

One opinion I do have about the club (which I think is something Blue Union share) is over the investment into the club.

At every opportunity, those responsible say that they are constantly looking for investment. Yet, after several years, it isn't something that those responsible have achieved.

It is a business after all and there needs to be accountability there for not achieving this goal and they should expect that questions be asked of them. Look at Barclays and the outcome for those who are ultimately responsible for what happened there.

I really don't know if Bill Kenwright is clinging onto power, despite some people thinking they know the truth on that, but I only hope that he is challenging those at the club:

We're not getting investment, what can we do differently?

What are we doing to make us more appealing?

Who else can we talk to?

Do I need to replace you?

I can't say I'm against Bill Kenwright as such; I'm frustrated with what the business are not achieving.

By this, it was "they're doing something".

You asked what are they doing, I told you, yet you are not happy with their effort as your reply above? So if you think their effort is not enough, or good enough, are you now going to shame us all with your efforts?

Feel free to approach the plans for Goodison, and feel free to offer improvements, and amendments. We all benefit from improvements.

Protests about what? Do you not remember them? Pressure on press to move on from the plucky Everton tag to having a closer look to having a look a nose into Everton's finances.

My stance in this thread is that it's easy to sit back doing nothing and find holes in others actions.

You have still failed to say how this aids the club and what BU aim to achieve. The protests said one thing and chanted another. I swear the BU think 9 women could produce a baby in a month. You can't just protest and everything gets fixed, you need to develop constructive ways to move the club forward. At this moment in time the BU show little more than exhibit themselves as a perfect example of the proverb 'empty vessels make the most noise'.