IGNORED

Blue Union

Louis

For me the BU is just bunch of idiots who are jealous of the shower over the park. If they just gave the facts (and let people make their mind up for themselves) they would have more acknowledgement from me, but they're almost politician-like with their account of the 'truths' and how they are the solution, in an attempt to sheep the rest of us into jumping on to the bandwagon.

But they're really not, they have some good people as members, intelligent people. But, like you said, they've got members who are really in your face about it all, and they've made big mistakes. And that is why they've got so many peoples backs up, and is why I'm not a supporter. But they do have many valid arguments and have facts to back up their views, and they're being lost due to neither side being able to give a bit of ground. There is a middle ground and it needs to be found so we can go forward as a club and not tear ourselves apart. Change is needed, I think we all agree on that? But that can only happen with unity.

It's not often I find myself embarrassed by Evertonians, but more often than not when I see a so called discussion about it all I'm just shaking my head.

But they're really not, they have some good people as members, intelligent people. But, like you said, they've got members who are really in your face about it all, and they've made big mistakes. And that is why they've got so many peoples backs up, and is why I'm not a supporter. But they do have many valid arguments and have facts to back up their views, and they're being lost due to neither side being able to give a bit of ground. There is a middle ground and it needs to be found so we can go forward as a club and not tear ourselves apart. Change is needed, I think we all agree on that? But that can only happen with unity.

It's not often I find myself embarrassed by Evertonians, but more often than not when I see a so called discussion about it all I'm just shaking my head.

It's just a Kenwright out group masked with any other negative about the club. If a billionaire comes along that would be a bonus to them (if it ever did happen, they'd spend half a season telling us how great a job they done in the whole saga as well).

right, this may well spark some more debate but its 2am and im knackered (spent 2 hours on this thing now but each time i read it through i get lost. Fuck it, im bored of the whole debate anyway). This was my response.....:

Im going to start off by saying change is needed. Noone in their right mind can deny that. Kenwright himself has admitted to it time and time again. Im also going to come across as quite patronizing and flippant because frankly, im fed up of having this debate with frustrated, angry adolescents who seem to have conveniently forgotten their history in order to justify the 1 man witch hunt which has become the majority of the blue union. Im also knackered. So apologies upfront if youre offended, its not my intention.

1. He re-mortgaged his house to save us from administration. No he didn’t.

As far as I know, he wears a black liquorice hat on Thursdays. Ive written it therefore it is fact. No need for proof, you just have to take my word for it. Ive also read several times that he mortgaged his house twice.

2. He is better than Peter Johnson. He saved us from Peter Johnson. Under Peter Johnson the club had off-field assets of close to £19million. He invested an extra £15million in 1996 trust. The Park End was re-developed under his stewardship. A brand new megastore was built. Under Bill Kenwright we have no assets left and we are nearly £40million in debt. After 13 years he is yet to invest a single penny of his or his board member’s money. Peter Johnson is a red. Bill Kenwright is a blue. That’s what it boils down to.

19m off field assests. I bet they helped score goals to get us higher in the league… Oh wait, no they didn’t until they were sold to provide the manager with funds to buy players. The players that were bought, through sales of all off field assets and 2 notable on field assets, have kept us in and around European football for the the 1st time since the 80s (excluding the 1 trip in the mid 90s). There wasn’t more money forthcoming, the board did what they could short of putting in their own cash, which they absolutely SHOULD be doing anyway but didnt. And theyre not going to and whining about it isn’t going to make them. We are 40m in debt which is unacceptable, but its where we are. Lets look forward.

Johnsons era saw a megastore built. Kenwrights saw Everton 2, in the new town centre built. Conveniently ignored for some reason. Hmmm…..

The last bit, “Peter Johnson is a red. Bill Kenwright is a blue. That’s what it boils down to.”, makes no sense whatsoever and goes to show who immature and petty some of the BU supporters actually are. Ive no doubt that there are some intelligent members who could possibly help given the chance, but these people are lost behind hateful idiots who follow the slogans rather than the details of the cause.

3. The club is a mess. Who would want to buy us? Absolutely. The club is in a shocking state. What you need to ask yourself is, why are we in this state? Two words BILL KENWRIGHT. The man is quite simply unfit to run our football club. “I don’t know what our other operating costs are. £24million? The chairman doesn’t run the club.” You’re right, who would want to buy us? Especially when you realise we will have no T.V revenue streams for two years as they are paying the Vibrac loan. We have a 10 year deal with Kit-Bag, catering is out sourced to Sudexo and Finch Farm is being rented at £1.1million a year for the next 50 years.

Actually, a chairman isn’t responsible for running the club. He is a spokesperson, a diplomat, an ambassador. The people who run the club are the CEO, CFO, CIO etc. I go back to my 1st sentence, change is needed and it’s the board who need to change, not specifically Kenwright. He has also admitted he will be the 1st to step aside. I know none of the BU fans will accept that because it damages their campaign of nonsense but im willing to trust him. Why? Dunno, just think he isn’t this “Billy Liar” hash-tag that is so catchy… 1 question, change with who? Or is pointing out the obvious the masterplan?

The second paragraph has some valid points but again, no balanced argument. The kit-bag deal, although puny in comparison to our neighbours and other EPL teams, is a record deal for the club. Everton went from losing 0.5m a year to makig 3m. 10 years was a bad idea, and again the board members (plural) responsible seem to have made a mistake, despite the improvement. However, not one of us know the details of the contract since its sensitive business information. TV money again was used to get funds for Moyes by whatever means possible, and it seems to have been poorly managed. Finch Farm should’ve been bought when we had the chance, but there was no money. Again, another sad state of affairs but fact.

4. Where are the buyer’s. There is nobody out there. Reading, Leeds and Nottingham Forest are the latest three clubs to be taken over or to attract investment. That aside though, people HAVE been interested in Everton. In an interview with Christian Purslow, Purslow told Bill Kenwright “5 parties were interested in buying Liverpool” to which our esteemed chairman replied “5? Times that by ten, and that’s how many I have had.” So simple Maths would say 5×10=50.

Robert Elstone said last month “12 interested parties all come to meet us in London in January” Again simple Maths would say 50+12=62. So at least 62 interest parties have expressed interest in Everton and EVERY last one of them has left after the first meeting? You’re very naive if you think these businessmen don’t have a little idea of the club’s accounts before going in the boardroom. What is it that’s putting them off? See above maybe?

The clubs accounts are available on the official site (http://www.evertonfc...ccounts_201.pdf) , so yes they will have an idea before going into the boardroom. Or even getting on the plane for that matter if theyre good business men. Or maybe we have interest from people like Venkys, Thaksin Shinawatra, Ali Al-Faraj and the other Portsmouth ‘investors’, Gold and Sullivan who would rip this club apart. But again we don’t know who they are because were not involved. Were not involved because, like it or not, its not our business. Im speculating just as the BU is – we don’t know the details and were not entitled to them, as frustrating as that is.

5. There is so much negativity about Everton where The Blue Union is concerned. They are simply highlighting the failings of the current custodians. Of course it’s negative because the board are useless. If the Liverpool Echo had the bottle to do it, The Blue Union wouldn’t have to.

This is my biggest gripe. Most people knew of the financial troubles years ago. Kenwright has openly admitted to not having enough money well before the BU came walking through the streets. The BU said they would assist. Their offer was rejected. They approached the Echo for support, which was rejected. So, hurt and upset they carry on like a spoilt child stomping their feet to get some attention. It is the manner in which the BU portrays themselves that gets them negative reaction, not the board or the Echo.

6. It’s KEIOC’s fault. If we had moved to Kirkby we would have been bought out by now. The whole Kirkby idea was a myth. The Government inquiry proved it. Bill Kenwright and Robert Elstone are bare faced liars. Robert Elstone swore under oath that club wasn’t for sale and Keith Harris wasn’t involved in trying to sell. Bill Kenwright told the Blue Union “of course Keith is involved, he always has been.”

I cannot defend this point, it’s a cock up of communication and a joke.

7. Why don’t The Blue Union find investment? They are a fans group. They are the same as me and you. They say an autonomous group of hard nosed businessmen should be brought in to find investemnt. To me that’s very reasonable. Bill Kenwright has had no joy after 13 years. He tells us he is desperate to sell (even though he keeps increasing his shares) so give someone else a go at finding that investment you so desperately crave? To me it’s a no brainer and an excellent idea. Fenway Sports Group were never interested in purchasing an English Football team, until they were approached by Martin Broughton and co. The Everton name travels the world (I will address that in my next blog).

Errr…. I refer you to the BU homepage:

http://www.theblueunion.com/about-us

• That we would assist the Owner, the Chairman, the Board and the Executive Officers in their endeavours to attract investment and/or a take over of the Club.

If theyre not going to find investment, why say going to help find investment? Or is simply saying “bring in these hard-nosed business men, who wont care 1 bit about the club, to fix everything” the assistance? If that’s the case, I can help there too:

Dear Bill – this weeks Euromillions is over 120m, go stick a ticket or 2 on. Cheers, Matt…….

8. I want change, I just don’t agree with The Blue Union policies. Fair enough. They have made mistakes but it’s up to us to tell them and help them see the error of their ways for the good of the club.

Very fair point which I completely agree with it. The trouble is that (as far as Ive experienced) most of the supporters tarnish the group by spouting catchphrases without truly understanding the issues. I completely disagree with the “KENWRIGHT OUT” slogan, which was shoved into his face on a giant banner whilst a group or morons repeated their well rehearsed lines of “let go if you love the club” etc. Why not a phrase that actually shows the initial frustrations – “ITS TIME FOR CHANGE”. Positive and simple. Not aggressive. Dignified.

I also read somewhere that his board is dividing the fans. In my opinion fans are always divided and blame cannot rest solely on either parties shoulders.

9. So what if he’s asking a lot for the club. Him and the board deserve a return on their investment. No they don’t. They have not invested a single penny and they have saddled the club with debt.

Who is ‘he’? God?! Ah, you mean the 4 major shareholders are being incorporated into 1 entity… Should they make a profit? Morally no, but theyre business men and like it or not, they will aim to make a profit. Already explained why we have debt.

10. Bill Kenwright is a man of integrity and honour. No he isn’t. He’s a liar.

Ah , theres that well backed-up argument again. I heard that on Sundays he wears a strawberry liquorice hat instead of the black one he wears on Thursdays. Again, since Ive written this, it is therefore fact….

No offence to the author but its blogs like this that make the BU lose credibility in my eyes. Theres so many details missing and so many opinions that are stated as facts. I understand its born out of frustration at the situation and I can sympathize with that. But no progress will be made until arguments are balanced manner (and in a more mature manner than some of my responses, but ive tried to excuse myself already. If this were a debate to help the club I would have course refrain from the sarcasm etc). Also releasing transcripts of a recording of a private meeting without releasing the recording too. Without the recording, the transcript might as well be a fairytale that someone conjured up.

On top of everything else, we’re in a global recession and the banks are under pressure, who then pass it on. The Eurozone is collapsing so theres going to be very few people from this continent looking to invest. Football is a massive gamble for any investor so Arab/Asian/US/Russian billionaires are needed and even then, how many are going to want to gamble 500m-ish (clear debt + stadium + players, a figure I pulled out the air) to make the squad a global franchise? Very, very few…..

Edited by Matt

Correct, he seems a genuinely good bloke and very, very knowledgable along with THT. I look and listen out for what LCAB has to say on talksport and twitter - sometimes you just have to look beyond him talking in codes and calling himself the oracle though!!!

I actually find it fun trying to decode him I dont know why though.

He is always spot on and answers my twitter questions more often then not. Same with THT

i've heard that also...just can't really believe it with the clowns they have speaking out...if these intelligent people stood forward more i think they'd get more support

right, this may well spark some more debate but its 2am and im knackered (spent 2 hours on this thing now but each time i read it through i get lost. Fuck it, im bored of the whole debate anyway). This was my response.....:

derbopom.jpg

on a side note we need a liquorice hat smiley

Edited by marcopaulo

people like haf i don't mind...intelligent...don't always agree with him but he doesn't seem to spout vile shite like the morons they have in charge of their little marches

If they ever want the support that would be neccessary then they need a major rethink on how they conduct themselves, that's for sure.

problem is you can't seem to get that through to them...they see it as an attack and you as a kenwright sympathiser

That's one of the things about the whole thing that drives me mad. They say you're not a real blue if you don't agree with them, and they get called Kopites for doing what they're doing. I despair, I really do.

it isn't nice to see blue vs blue...a lot of tension over the whole situation..just need to get rid of gobshites on both sides and i reckon they could get somewhere..i just think the idiots on the BU side are a bit too power hungry and love the attention a bit too much

i dont think so. I think theyre too frustrated to see clearly and dont have enough knowledge/intelligence/both to know how to continue...

The BU are what they are, Yes they have caused a split opinion among some fans which is sad to see, but in their own world they are doing a good thing by trying to highlight the problems the club have at the moment under the current regime, my issue with them though is that they could go about it in so much more of a better way, more professional for starters, and they and The Peoples Group, need to rid their FB pages of some of the idiots who post stuff on there, especially TPG page.

Thing is they will never get anywhere until they change anyway, as BK seems to have skin like a rhino and is oblivious to all the insullts they make, so it is in their interests to change the way they conduct their business, until then i doubt most people fans or media etc etc will take them seriously, i think tbh it's the reason they hav'nt been able to get one of the media outlets onside, if they did it would be a whole other different story.

Im not for or against them. Im just worried about the future of the club under the current board, but i have been long before the BU came along.

The only issue for me is how the club is being run and if it will be fixed, im not arsed about someone coming in and building a stadium or buying Ronaldo. I just want someone to steady the ship for a while and let the club run off its own steam.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.footballe...ty-run-school/?

Surely this is a joke from the Liverpool fans, if not I cam see why a lot of Evertonians criticise the BU and the rest for being kopite-like.

Well I am slightly concerned that Moysie might take his eye off the ball next season if he is running a school too, honestly the selfish bar stewards wasteing time on charity when they should be concentrating on football.

• 2 weeks later...

They don't count then. The clubs who have been bought who are worth more than Everton aren't comparable either then. So what sort of club has to be bought before us despite Kenwright looking 24/7 for a buyer before he takes some flak? Are you waiting for some goldilocks situation where a club is a carbon copy of Everton? Because if that's the case Kenwright will get no criticism til he pops his clogs.

Excuses are always found for why we haven't been bought. Excuses that wouldn't be made if Kenwright wasn't a blue.