IGNORED

New mortgage taken out by EFC

Louis

From Companies House website:

MG01 11/08/2011 PARTICULARS OF A MORTGAGE OR CHARGE / CHARGE NO: 48

In plain English, on 11/08/2011 Companies House registered a Mortgage/Charge against the club which means Everton made a new financial arrangement.

I haven't checked but it's been said that it's a loan from a BVI registered company called Vibrac.

I didn't purchase details even though they're only a pound but I've read that it's a loan secured against 2012-13 season tv revenue from a BVI registered company. i.e. not a bank

Im reduced to reading through my hands over my eyes. When will the people running our club realise that more than 80% of our population use the internet. The days of covering up information are gone. Are they going to sue these 3 lads? Seriously?!

A little bit like Giggsy trying to sue twitter users. Spend the time addressing the issues highlighted rather than the people who are highlighting them.

Then again, does Bill and the boys use the internet? A quick two minute google search could have saved no doubt endless hours in discovering that the ICI takeover was a fraud.

doh.gif Damned if does, damned if he doesnt....

"we want new faces".

"weve got no money and i cant get more without selling, but we are trying."

"Oh, hang on, weve managed to find money for new faces! Isnt that what you wanted?"

"You told us there wasnt any money, liar!"

Like dealing with children....

Matt, i'm assuming that you are now attributing Bill with having some financial responsibility within the club? In which case, why can't he see the £24m stone elephant in the room?

Im reduced to reading through my hands over my eyes. When will the people running our club realise that more than 80% of our population use the internet. The days of covering up information are gone. Are they going to sue these 3 lads? Seriously?!

I read earlier that the club decided not to. I don't think that it was possible anyway and would have been a disaster PR move?

Matt, i'm assuming that you are now attributing Bill with having some financial responsibility within the club? In which case, why can't he see the £24m stone elephant in the room?

youre assuming wrong. Again, the CEO - the man who deals with the ins and outs - will have informed Bill of a deal and as Chairman, i.e. Spokesman, and Bill has announced this. Its really not that hard to understand....

Edited by Matt

I tend to agree with you Matt. Robert Elstone runs the club whilst Bill Kenwright is a co-owner and figurehead.

That said, it is worrying that he owns a quarter of the club and doesn't know where a quarter of the clubs expense goes though! (I'm not saying Bill takes it)

I read earlier that the club decided not to. I don't think that it was possible anyway and would have been a disaster PR move?

I read the same Louis. They contacted solicitors if you believe the press but it went no further. Also, if there was an agreement of no notes and the meeting was secretly recorded, Id question the integrity of the 3 who did it.

Another thing that doesnt add up is that transcript is everything from a 3.5 hr meeting? There mustve been some uncomfortable looooooong silences if thats true.

I tend to agree with you Matt. Robert Elstone runs the club whilst Bill Kenwright is a co-owner and figurehead.

That said, it is worrying that he owns a quarter of the club and doesn't know where a quarter of the clubs expense goes though! (I'm not saying Bill takes it)

I understand why people think its worrying but i also recognize the difference between CEO and chairman. All Bill can do as a chairman is say "guys what is this missing expense" and he has to trust the people around him to guarantee him its all being taken care of. Alternatively at 65 he can start a masters in finance and law to go into all the details so he can understand them.

If anyone is to blame, if fingers must be pointed, its CEO and his colleagues.

That's the thing Matt, it's not three and half hours worth of content.. and they decided not to publish some things:

The Chairman was aware that information from the meeting would be supplied to supporters. The only confidentiality exercised surrounds matters concerning the chairman’s private and family life, which he is clearly entitled to expect and we are equally happy to respect. The normal conversation expected between any football supporters has also been omitted. All three representatives concur that the following is a true and accurate report of what was discussed.

I think it's simply a case of BK letting his guard down and has been embarrassed by it. BK even tells those who went to write things down:

Mark, “If we have no money now, we won’t have money next summer…” Bill, “I’m with you; I’ll be your president……sell the club…did you write it down for me? Simon, “I’ve written it down for you Bill, Keith Harris is going to sell the club ” Bill, “well write this down as well, Citi Bank, Deutsche Bank, Leon Angel, Keith Harris, Amanda Staveley. You’re saying to me, I’ve listened to you, I think you’re totally wrong in giving an exclusive to a guy, many are better than one guy; there has to be a reason nobody is buying Everton; there is a reason, there’s no money in the world, there’s no point in me being replaced, we need someone with money.”

I understand why people think its worrying but i also recognize the difference between CEO and chairman. All Bill can do as a chairman is say "guys what is this missing expense" and he has to trust the people around him to guarantee him its all being taken care of. Alternatively at 65 he can start a masters in finance and law to go into all the details so he can understand them.

If anyone is to blame, if fingers must be pointed, its CEO and his colleagues.

i dont fully agree man..as a spokesman as you said before he should know where that money is going to answer the questions people have cos it is a worrying amount..if he can't answer that he should have taken a financial expert with him to answer such questions...when we haven't got money to buy players i think the fans have a right to know where all that 24million is going...i'm sure it's not bent or anythin but it would be nice to get an answer..

as for that interview..if they recorded it secretly..isn't that illegal?

That's the thing Matt, it's not three and half hours worth of content.. and they decided not to publish some things:

Mark, “If we have no money now, we won’t have money next summer…” Bill, “I’m with you; I’ll be your president……sell the club…did you write it down for me? Simon, “I’ve written it down for you Bill, Keith Harris is going to sell the club ” Bill, “well write this down as well, Citi Bank, Deutsche Bank, Leon Angel, Keith Harris, Amanda Staveley. You’re saying to me, I’ve listened to you, I think you’re totally wrong in giving an exclusive to a guy, many are better than one guy; there has to be a reason nobody is buying Everton; there is a reason, there’s no money in the world, there’s no point in me being replaced, we need someone with money.”

I think it's simply a case of BK letting his guard down and has been embarrassed by it. BK even tells those who went to write things down:

Louis, hes being sarcastic there! As for deciding not to publish some things, isnt that the pot calling the kettle black? If the BU wanted total support, it shouldve released a complete transcript, rather than plucking the best bits to suit their cause. I want to hear the whole 3.5 hours or see everything, not just snippets. Im just speculating here because i dont know what the full transcript contains, they may not just being taking what they want. However if thats the case, why not supply the whole thing? Oh, and the usual family and football banter took up most of the meeting, a meeting they declare was very difficult to get in the 1st place? Doesnt add up to me. If i had had such a hard time getting a meeting ive been desperate to get, i wouldve gone there with a structure and spent 3 of the 3,5 hours going over the questions, the niceties....

Marco - the fans have no legal right at all. Fans want to know, understandably, but honestly no business in its right mind just let anyone come and nose through the business! Bill has no obligation to answer where the money is going whether he knows or not.

Edited by Matt

well they are adamant that he knew some of it would be made public, surely the club/BK wouldnt be so naive to think it wouldnt be recorded.

but i wouldnt be surprised if they did but now deny it to try to discredit the interviewers.

oh, and as we have no money to pay the debts im seriously worried that they are taking out more loans.

but it could be a loan from robert earl, he does most of his trading from BVI doesnt he?

Edited by StevO

doh.gif Damned if does, damned if he doesnt....

"we want new faces".

"weve got no money and i cant get more without selling, but we are trying."

"Oh, hang on, weve managed to find money for new faces! Isnt that what you wanted?"

"You told us there wasnt any money, liar!"

Like dealing with children....

The money isn't to bring players in, Matt, it's simply to keep us running. The mortgage was taken out BEFORE BK's two interviews (Sky and BU) where he says there is no money for players, that we have to sell before we can bring any one in.

So the board have saddled us with more debt (we were already struggling to pay back what we owed before this new mortgage, and couldn't bring players in) and we still can't bring players in.

I can't understand why the club/BK are surprised the interview has been made public. The whole premise of the meeting was to get some communication so the fans know what the hell is going on at the club. It'd have made very little sense for them to conduct the interview and then not tell any one about it!

Louis, hes being sarcastic there! As for deciding not to publish some things, isnt that the pot calling the kettle black? If the BU wanted total support, it shouldve released a complete transcript, rather than plucking the best bits to suit their cause. I want to hear the whole 3.5 hours or see everything, not just snippets. Im just speculating here because i dont know what the full transcript contains, they may not just being taking what they want. However if thats the case, why not supply the whole thing? Oh, and the usual family and football banter took up most of the meeting, a meeting they declare was very difficult to get in the 1st place? Doesnt add up to me. If i had had such a hard time getting a meeting ive been desperate to get, i wouldve gone there with a structure and spent 3 of the 3,5 hours going over the questions, the niceties....

Marco - the fans have no legal right at all. Fans want to know, understandably, but honestly no business in its right mind just let anyone come and nose through the business! Bill has no obligation to answer where the money is going whether he knows or not.

not sayin there is a legal right at all but when we can't spend money and people are spending a lot of money to follow this team then i think there is a right to know...don't wanna know intimate details of the business..just where 24m is fuckin off to a year

I can't understand why the club/BK are surprised the interview has been made public. The whole premise of the meeting was to get some communication so the fans know what the hell is going on at the club. It'd have made very little sense for them to conduct the interview and then not tell any one about it!

I'm glad it's out there. Non-Evertonians don't know what shit we're in, I've been getting loads of messages over the past couple of days off mates, shocked what shit we're in although I have been telling them this for years.

Hopefully wider awareness will result in some solution.

I'm glad it's out there. Non-Evertonians don't know what shit we're in, I've been getting loads of messages over the past couple of days off mates, shocked what shit we're in although I have been telling them this for years.

Hopefully wider awareness will result in some solution.

I'm glad it's out there too, people need to know.

well they are adamant that he knew some of it would be made public, surely the club/BK wouldnt be so naive to think it wouldnt be recorded.

but i wouldnt be surprised if they did but now deny it to try to discredit the interviewers.

oh, and as we have no money to pay the debts im seriously worried that they are taking out more loans.

but it could be a loan from robert earl, he does most of his trading from BVI doesnt he?

sayin shit like that discredits people against the current board..ridiculous..you make yourself look a clot

The money isn't to bring players in, Matt, it's simply to keep us running. The mortgage was taken out BEFORE BK's two interviews (Sky and BU) where he says there is no money for players, that we have to sell before we can bring any one in.

So the board have saddled us with more debt (we were already struggling to pay back what we owed before this new mortgage, and couldn't bring players in) and we still can't bring players in.

I stand corrected in that case

sayin shit like that discredits people against the current board..ridiculous..you make yourself look a clot

this i am good at.

but the club are on damage limitation right now, and when your backs are to the wall, which they are, they could do anything to try to help themselves.

after them kicking people out with banners i wouldnt be surprised what they would do to protect themselves.

Edited by StevO

what is all this "the fans have no legal right to know X Y and Z?" Of course we don't, just in the way that the club have no legal right to expect 37,000 of us to turn up and pay £30 a ticket to watch us play.

The point is that the club is nothing without it's fans - forget legalities etc etc. Something is going on at our club that stinks, if the fans aren't happy, which clearly the following of the Blue Union would suggest that is the case, then the club have a problem. They can't hide behind whats legal when it suits them. People can vote with their feet, where would that leave them?

What is all this nonsense regarding Bill's job description, what he knows, needs to know etc. He bought us off Peter Johnson, put £11m of "his" money into it. Overseen the Fortress fund and ordered samuleson away once the job of ridding Gregg was achieved. He has a damn sight more involvement one way or another with the money matters in this club. If something I has a vast financial interest in, which made the Dr's tell me to get out of in 5 years, I would certainly want to know all the sub lines that account for the £24m spend which is crippling my interest and causing me stress.

He runs a theatre company, he can't plead financial ignorance when it suits him. I know little about finance and accounting, but enough to understand that under every expense line, there are sub lines - I would want to see these sub lines. Break that £24m down Bill, you are in the real world now.