IGNORED

Phil 'BackTracking' Neville

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sayin i'd want anyone else..nev usually does that job and steps forward..today he didn't

He's the best captain in the game. We all know this.

If the lad has a bad day, I'd say he at least walks on the pitch with the right intent.

I'm not sure we can say that for all our players.

The problem with having a set of Internationals is that they often don't give the same amount of effort as those on the way up.

It could be time to get shut of a few.

I'm sure Phil will be hurting, I'm positive he had the right intent, but just putting it into practice was the issue.

Yesterday was a prime example where we needed a bit of nasty in our team to pull everyone's socks up. A Barton or Bellamy could have been the difference IMO.

A bit petty - we didn't have a match last weekend. Can't blame him for watching the team that made his and his brother's careers on his day off!

Thought long and hard about it, it doesnt sit right with me. He could have watched it on sky. Sitting with man united fans is a statement.

Oh come on Haf. He is a Man U supporter, and there is nothing wrong with that. He works for Everton and does his job as best as he can, there is nothing wrong with being a supporter as long as it doesn't harm his work rate. I have no complaints about that. OK he was dodgy yesterday. So what. Nobody ever claimed he was perfect, just a good professional.

I support Everton but that doesn't usually affect my work. and I do make some almighty cock-ups at times. If I can live with myself for that. I am sure I can forgive Phil for the thing.

He's the best captain in the game. We all know this.

If the lad has a bad day, I'd say he at least walks on the pitch with the right intent.

I'm not sure we can say that for all our players.

The problem with having a set of Internationals is that they often don't give the same amount of effort as those on the way up.

It could be time to get shut of a few.

Can you qualify your best captain in the game comment? A captain to me is a leader on the pitch, an example being Dave Watson. Someone who leads by example, taking the game by the scruff of the neck and pushing the team. Neville is none of these, he is constantly 1 of the worst on the pitch for our team in terms of skill and what influence he brings to the result. Possibly 1 of the worst club captains ever in the history of Everton Football Club

Thought long and hard about it, it doesnt sit right with me. He could have watched it on sky. Sitting with man united fans is a statement.

Must admit its one of my main bug bears with him. From admitting Fergie is the greatest manager not long after he arrived (yes he is but i dont want my capt saying it), choosing to console his former team mates after the semi rather than celebrate with us 1st, not knowing when we were formed and last week sitting with the mancs.

I know how it sounds but you know what he is paid £50k a week and he's just signed for two more years. Stop trying to win favour with united fans. Sickening!

Yes he may be a supporter but if you want to go in the crowd and watch them then retire. The whole semi final subdued celebration act irritated me.

Yeah Mate I understand how you feel. Maybe it is just be having all the fight kicked out of me by the lousy awful team I support. A team that couldn't burst cooked ravioli let alone a goal net.

I am off into a darkened corner where I can suck my thumb and contemplate hari kiri.

Can't agree with that stuff myself, I have no problem with him watching them. His kids are united fans and he took his lad to the match.

He's not our best player but he is a good captain, he does a lot for the team off the pitch, organising team meals and that kind of thing, keeping the lads together.

He isn't the best captain we've ever had but the lad doesn't deserve to be called the worst ever.

Im not sure who I would have as captain if Neville wasnt fit. I would have said Jags, but he seems to go hiding at times when he isnt playing his best (like yesterday and parts of last season). I would probably say Fellaini or Heitinga (if playing CB). In a couple of years though Barkley would get the nod, after the way he tried to lead the team yesterday.

Can't agree with that stuff myself, I have no problem with him watching them. His kids are united fans and he took his lad to the match.

He's not our best player but he is a good captain, he does a lot for the team off the pitch, organising team meals and that kind of thing, keeping the lads together.

He isn't the best captain we've ever had but the lad doesn't deserve to be called the worst ever.

I don't give a flying fook if Captain Phil bangs 20 prossies a day in a man.utd shirt with rooney on the back on his days off as long as he gives his all for our team in training and on match days which he consistently does - yesterday was an off day, he and EFC will come back stronger.

Disclaimer: I have no evidence of Phillip Neville having sexual intercourse with prostertutes whilst wearing a Manchester United shirt.