IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Probably the best thing that can happen to him really, we've all been there, hopefully that may make him think twice.

Definately should be some restrictions on max horse power/engine size for drivers under 25 - some cars just beg to be opened up and young testosterone fuelled lads lack the maturity to exercise common sense.

Edited by Hafnia

Probably the best thing that can happen to him really, we've all been there, hopefully that may make him think twice.

Definately should be some restrictions on max horse power/engine size for drivers under 25 - some cars just beg to be opened up and young testosterone fuelled lads lack the maturity to exercise common sense.

The day after my oldest son passed his driving test, he drove about 50 along a street with a 35mph limit. He was stopped by a police car, and the police officer was very rough on him. He pulled him out of the car, slammed him against the car, and really shouted at him - as well as issuing a speeding ticket. It scared the daylights out of my son - which, of course, was the intent of the police officer. Honestly, he was being cruel to be kind. Twelve years later, and my son hasn't been speeding since.

I also agree about max hp based on age. I don't know how many times, around here, I've read a sad news report of a teenage who wrapped their parents' sports car around a tree. A friend of ours, a nurse, was driving behind a teenager on one such occasion, and he died in her arms. Such a waste of a life.

I live in a cul de sac and there is some lad who drives a black golf down to the bottom end doing 40mph... not a resident but a visitor. I'm gonna have him.

My brother a few years back who had his then pregnant wife in the passenger seat, was followed by 4 lads in a car behind him who drove up his arse for a mile dangerously, he timed it perfect - lights went red, they went right up to his bumper and revved trying to intimidate... he's an ex boxer - he don't get scared easy. He got out of his car, they locked their doors and tried to wind up their windows "sorry mate, sorry mate, just playing...."

To be fair he regained composure before he smashed the driver window in. An example though of how powerful they feel behind a wheel and how it counts for nothing when a person makes themselves a threat to their body and not their car. A lot of strange psychology involved in driving behaviours.

As I say I'm not perfect but the older you get the more you think.