IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I see a few mancs are stating that they should look to bid for Barkley.... I kinda think they miss the whole "worth £40m" and "moyes pretty much mismanaged him".... get a few years out of him, with the likes of him Top 4 is a possibility - then we will be in a position to attract investment and not need to sell (I dream)

I see a few mancs are stating that they should look to bid for Barkley.... I kinda think they miss the whole "worth £40m" and "moyes pretty much mismanaged him".... get a few years out of him, with the likes of him Top 4 is a possibility - then we will be in a position to attract investment and not need to sell (I dream)

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/25303-david-moyes-thread/

Too much focus on Barkley for my liking. He's doing well, but a long way to go. No amount of natural ability can replace proven experience, so if we want to see the best from him we need to be patient and give him a few seasons under his belt.

He's on a rapid learning curve, with every game he gaining more and more confidence, players are looking for him as someone who can look after the ball. You can't get much more focus than being good enough to play for your country at 19 and that is exactly what is happening.

He is the creative fulcrum at the centre of the park... who else can do what he does? Yep he will make the odd mistake, that's football, the problem is people are looking for his mistakes as a way of saying "ah see! he's not ready etc" The reality is nearly every player makes mistakes regardless of age... just let him get on the pitch and do what he does.

Personally I preferred the Rooney we had compared to the one who now plays for man united. The one who plays for united makes less mistakes, but for me he is less spontaneous and unpredictable.

ooohh thats a good one dunc.... a discussion about barkley and the relevance of a man united bid needs to go to the moyes thread???

I could be extremely pedantic and link a few of your "david moyes doesn't ruin strikers", "David moyes gives youth a chance", the kind of david moyes the king with no clothes posts you may not want to be reminded of nowadays...

ooohh thats a good one dunc.... a discussion about barkley and the relevance of a man united bid needs to go to the moyes thread???

I could be extremely pedantic and link a few of your "david moyes doesn't ruin strikers", "David moyes gives youth a chance", the kind of david moyes the king with no clothes posts you may not want to be reminded of nowadays...

He has left , get over it

He now manages a team where their fans are wanting them to sign the person named in the thread title.... I don't even think the link is tenuous - in fact its quite relevant...

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/ross-barkley.339170/page-15

Reading some of those comments make me sick. I really don't want to lose Ross if he's as good as I think he'll be. I wasn't nearly this excited about Rodwell as I am with Barkley.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Glad a journo says what I actually think...

Somehow many think Barkley was only just good enough to do what he is doing. The reality is far different, he was good enough well over a year ago - its not like he's learned "new tricks" or how to pass a ball better. He's just getting the opportunity to refine these skills at the highest level with the confidence only a manager can give... or take away which has been the case prior to this season.

How ironic that many united fans identify the missing ingredient from their performances is what Ross gives to our team... That now the person managing that team is the very manager who didn't trust this lad...

Lets get him signed to a long term contract with an £80m release clause... give our fans a player who they can be proud of and not fear losing for some time.

just a quick one... does anyone think barkley could play as a creative striker a little further up the pitch in the coming seasons? I understand hes already playing as an attacking midfielder but does anyone think we will get more out of him up front setting up a poacher ??