IGNORED

Ross Barkley

just waiting for Hafs Scottish screenplay :lol:

"I can confirm we made an approach for young Ross and I don't really understand evertons anger about the £15m joint bid we made for him and John Stone. Everton are really holding these two international footballers back, here they have a great opportunity to join the numerous under 23's representing our multi million pound reserves. If it wasn't for the fact I had to leave young Ross at Everton I could have turned him into a younger Phil Neville by now."

"I can confirm we made an approach for young Ross and I don't really understand evertons anger about the £15m joint bid we made for him and John Stone. Everton are really holding these two international footballers back, here they have a great opportunity to join the numerous under 23's representing our multi million pound reserves. If it wasn't for the fact I had to leave young Ross at Everton I could have turned him into a younger Phil Neville by now."

Now, I normally would yell at you all to stop bitching about another club's manager now that the transfer window has shut, but that last sentence there was downright hilarious.

:lol: knew you wouldn't let us down ;)

What he has is an huge first stride after taking the ball. Give him the ball even when marked, he is strong enough to hold the player off and his first stride away takes him clear. It is very similar to Gerrards.

At 6ft 2 and a decent build he has all the attributes to be the best of his type in the premier league.

Can't believe some took the stance that "if Moyes doesn't play him then he clearly isn't ready". He was ready 2 years ago, he hasn't got better by playing against Bolton reserves or with league 1 players. He got better by having a manager less hung up on "I can't believe he just got tackled" rather than taking the view "this kid can unlock defences and he needs games not the bench"

Proud of Ross, and fair play to Martinez and hodgson for getting him there.

By the way, does anyone know who made a bid for him on deadline day?

Conspiracy theory.... Moyes never gave him any opportunities from late last year in order to keep him under wraps and enable him to nab him for the Mancs on the cheap.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Manchester City and Chelsea.

Mike Taylor: "Ross Barkley's emergence hasn't come as much of a surprise to most Evertonians and it has been refreshing to see Roberto Martinez put his full faith in Barkley, something David Moyes was always reluctant to do."

David Moyes: "the time's got to be right. We've got to see enough to suggest that he should play in the team as well. He's just beginning to show more signs than he's shown in the past. He's maturing a little bit more, and he's beginning to get back all that time that he's missed. He has a lot of maturing to do and needs to make sure he does not lose the ball in the wrong areas of the pitch."

Roberto Martinez: ""Ross is ready for whatever comes his way. That's what he's shown in the early stages of the season, and we're happy to support him and support the England team in whatever way that we can. Ross is a player who is enjoying his football, and we don't want that to change."

Spot the odd one out! Only one person quoted in that article is a skeptic, and it comes as no surprise as to who it is.

Mike Taylor: "Ross Barkley's emergence hasn't come as much of a surprise to most Evertonians and it has been refreshing to see Roberto Martinez put his full faith in Barkley, something David Moyes was always reluctant to do."

David Moyes: "the time's got to be right. We've got to see enough to suggest that he should play in the team as well. He's just beginning to show more signs than he's shown in the past. He's maturing a little bit more, and he's beginning to get back all that time that he's missed. He has a lot of maturing to do and needs to make sure he does not lose the ball in the wrong areas of the pitch."

Roberto Martinez: ""Ross is ready for whatever comes his way. That's what he's shown in the early stages of the season, and we're happy to support him and support the England team in whatever way that we can. Ross is a player who is enjoying his football, and we don't want that to change."

Spot the odd one out! Only one person quoted in that article is a skeptic, and it comes as no surprise as to who it is.

Haha, I noticed that when I read it. Moyes' commentary is the only one that can be consider negative towards Ross, and it seems to contradict what the others said.

I think there were a few who knew how good this lad could be. The hype is only going to continue so its important RM and the players continue to approach it with a "he just needs to keep on enjoying himself and working hard"

Talent has varying degrees, skill, physical athleticism, mentality, some good players have 1 out of 3, some great players have 2 out of 3, true world class talents have all 3 and Ross ticks all the boxes.

He will be the best English attacking midfielder we have seen. He will possibly be nudging the level we seen from Zidane and Platini. He has the right people around him now, Barry will be a tremendous mentor having played with the likes of Silva, Toure etc.

I think there were a few who knew how good this lad could be. The hype is only going to continue so its important RM and the players continue to approach it with a "he just needs to keep on enjoying himself and working hard"

Talent has varying degrees, skill, physical athleticism, mentality, some good players have 1 out of 3, some great players have 2 out of 3, true world class talents have all 3 and Ross ticks all the boxes.

He will be the best English attacking midfielder we have seen. He will possibly be nudging the level we seen from Zidane and Platini. He has the right people around him now, Barry will be a tremendous mentor having played with the likes of Silva, Toure etc.

Thats some Platter you are putting him on there Haf!

I agree he ticks all of them boxes and i hope and pray he turns out half the player that Zidane and Platini were, they were both true legends of the game.

And good point about Barry, i think that signing looks even more astute when you look at it like that.

Haf, now i'm even more convinced that your his brother, or even his father. :P

Bit of a kindered spirit Bill. I don't know him, but he plays the game the way I believe it should be played and the way I tried to play it. I'm not even semi professional standard, brother was and maybe should have been divison 2 (old money) - he plays the way my brother taught me to. His style of play infuriated Moyes, just like mine infuriated my manager - but I identified it as envy rather than coaching. Eventually I became mentally weak and afraid to express myself and played easy option and became far less effective. Thats what I was scared of this lad becoming under moyes.

This kid has sooo much natural talent it is frightening, his eye for a pass is like wilshires and xavis, he can dribble like iniesta, he can shoot like gerrard, he has the same stridey pace that gets him away from players and he is strong like rooney. The sky really is the limit.

Play with a smile on your face and enjoy it,

I played as an attacking left back and got into double figures every year. My manager was constantly moaning at me for it, but never changed it as i was effective.

The only time he ever really got at me was when i scored two in the first ten mins of a game. He brought me off at half time. I asked him why as i was having a blinder and he told me " i just could listen to you in the dressing room if you scored a hat trick!"

So even that ended up having a fun value to it as i was the butt of all jokes for a few weeks.

The trick was to let me learn and keep a smile on my face. yes we got caught out by me foraging forward and not able to get back, but there were far more occasions where i changed a game than where we lost out.

I love the refreshing dimension Barkley now gives to our team. The last person to give us this was probably tommy graveson. I know I can't put them in the same league but you know where I'm coming from. I honestly believed DM when he thought Ross wasn't ready. Thus was only cause he seen him as a liability if losing the ball when trying to express himself. DM will have always thought this as he took the mentality of not losing rather than try to win.