IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Guest Nikica

Next thing you know you'll have Gento, Puskas, Butragueno and Hugo Sanchez queuing up for Hibbert's autograph after the Madrid game. What I mean is, think the Pirlo / Barkley incident has been blown out of proportion a little ?

:rofl:

Hibbert is such a legend that Puskas is coming back from the grave for his signature.

Really really pleasing to hear. Barkley always looked like he had a mistake in him but as Bob points out, he never seems affected by it.

Teo seasons ago when Barkley was our MOTM for 2/3 games and was withdrawn because he have a penalty away, was absolutely rediculous. Any of the first team back them could have given that penalty, to not be played again because of that, was a horrendous decision.

Looking to Ross for a breakthrough season this year, I think he could do it.

My love for Martinez just gets more each day..,. Thank fuck we've got him handling Ross Barkley now. It's a pity the likes of Baxter, Rodwell and Vellios never had him a couple of years ago.

MISTAKES - a common word in football because all games feature them. Make a young player fear mistakes and you won't see their true talent,

I've said it numerous times and said it right at the time, what Moyes did with Barkley at the Blackburn game was scandalous. i actually think Moyes had some form of envy when it came to flair players, players who can do that special thing that he couldn't as a journeyman lower league player. He even came out and said something along the lines of "he should be doing it more" when baines scored a screamer. He even came out with shite about mirallas when he was our match winner. You never heard him say "phil Neville was predictably shite today" - no because he identified with players like Neville, kilbane, bent, Cahill.

Barkley just like Gerry D, is going to have games where things don't work, but under Martinez we will see the game where everyone will "how the fuck did he do that?!". There is no better thing in football than seeing the moment a young talent announces himself on the biggest stage. We seen it with Rooney versus arsenal, and I think we will see it again with young Ross.

Don't want the hype to get OTT with Ross but it is exciting. Hate to say it but the way he plays reminds me a lot of Gerrard but I think Ross looks a bit more mobile and is more of a passer "between the lines" rather than Gerrard's trademark "spraying" passes.

His combative and passionate nature are very Gerrard esq though. As is his ball striking!

It's so annoying that it took his performance yesterday for some people to realise what we have had on our hands for the past 2 years... He was sitting on the bench watching Neville, heitinga and hitzlesburger "do a job".

I'll say it again Moyes mismanaged this lad, sending him to shitty teams that don't play football, keeping him in the reserves. I'm made up he proven all these "I don't think he will make it, Moyes sees him every day and knows what's right bollocks" wrong.

Tim Cahill came out two years ago stating he was the best young talent he had seen. Yeah but the fans only got snippets under that negative prick who was meant to be bringing him along. Please don't anyone say Moyes did the right thing, I know a player - this lad is the real thing, has been good enough to play more than he has. He would be playing for England now if Martinez was in charge 2 years ago.

As has been proven with Seamus sometimes all a player needs in a chance. The late appearances as a sub and the daft loan to Leeds did not help young Ross last season. Great to see the new boss putting his trust in him. Moyes rewarded the kid's best performance last season - away to Arsenal - by dropping him.

This is the boy who Cahill reckoned was destined for greatness. Fingers crossed.