IGNORED

Ross Barkley

1 game and for half of it we were shaped more 451. Does he change things up often enough? Even Queen Elisabeth got a bath now and again, doesn't mean she didn't start to stink.

Over the last 5 years I'd go as far to estimate he has played 451 with the same tactics over 90% of the time. We have better players now, but the system is pretty much the same. I wouldn't be surprised if 460 was his second most chosen formation.

Regarding his youth policy Duffy, Barkley, Gueye, Vellios, McAleny, Browning, Silva, and Kennedy have a little over a game and a half between them, an average of 18 minutes and 25 seconds each. Really going to develop to be world beater with that game time experience.

Edited by pete0

1 game and for half of it we were shaped more 451. Does he change things up often enough? Even Queen Elisabeth got a bath now and again, doesn't mean she didn't start to stink.

Over the last 5 years I'd go as far to estimate he has played 451 with the same tactics over 90% of the time. We have better players now, but the system is pretty much the same. I wouldn't be surprised if 460 was his second most chosen formation.

Regarding his youth policy Duffy, Barkley, Gueye, Vellios, McAleny, Browning, Silva, and Kennedy have a little over a game and a half between them, an average of 18 minutes and 25 seconds each. Really going to develop to be world beater with that game time experience.

Lol so you do know more about Evertons tactics than David Moyes

Hmmm and there was me thinking Duffy had played more than that all by himself

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Explain how in his last 2 game the tactical subs were meant to... well, erm?

Duffy, minutes played.

2zp3xjl.jpg

Did you specify this season? No I dont think you did

Ok then tactical genius you keep bleating about these kids not playing so please explain to me at whose expense

Heitinga, Distin and Jags are all better than Duffy

Bark;ley clearly isnt ready

Piennar and Oviedo are better tahn Gueye on the left

Jelavic, Anichebe, and Felli are all better upfront than Vellios

Jelavic, Anichebe, Felli and Vellios are all better then McAlaney

Coleman, Hibbert, Neville and Jags are all better ar RB than Browning

Osman , Gibbo, Felli, Neville, Hitz are all better than Silva in the middle

Ive never seen Kenedy play but I doubt he is beteer than Piennar and Mirallas

We have a ridiculously small squad so we simply dont have the personnel to chop and change the formation every week

My starting XI would be

Howard

Coleman

Baines

Distin

Jags

Piennar

Osman

Gibbo

Mirallas

Felli

Jelavic

In a 4-5-1 formatiom, and yes no kids i there, what would you do ?

What other formations do uou want him to play? we havent got the players to go 4-3-3 and despite your commentator not telling you we quite often go 4-4-2 at some point in our games, especially if were chasing a result. The 4-5-1 system that Moyes uses is quite fluid and players are pften changing positions during the match

You seem to want to plat toungsters just because of their age irrespective of their ability

The last time I looked we were fifth in the table and had only lost 3 games all sesaon so I dont think Moyes is doing too badly myslef

Hopefully it's the last time I need to reiterate this point - I feel I can as I have been to hundreds of Everton matches, held a season ticket, cried at games, etc etc. Going to the match does not give you an elevated status as a fan over someone who watches a game on a stream or whatever. There is no hierarchy and no advantage to seeing a game at a stadium other than atmosphere. Dunc you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about you going to games and others watching on a stream - you choose to go the games along with 30,000 others - I applaud your commitment - however your opinions are no more or less valid than anyone else who takes in a game.

we move on... Moyes has a tendancy to bring young players into the first team when they aren't expecting it and then seems to take the momentum away from them.

I will use Jack Rodwell as an example. He was brought into the first team as a centre midfielder and looked like an England international straight from the off - composure, athleticism, confidence, technique - the lot, MOTM awards left right and centre on this forum, daft prices like £40m attributed to him. Then what happens? Moyes starts playing him in the cursed right midfield position, a lad who was a classy ball playing centre half in the making - rightfully played centre midfield to learn his craft was now being deployed in a position that he had no attributes for. His performances dropped, his confidence levels went downhill and he was a shadow of the dominating midfielder we had seen. He was then benched, injured etc etc.

Because we are all keyboard warriors it doesn't make Moyes always right compared to us, we challenge his decisions and we are entitled to have an opinion. Based on some crazy logic on this site - because someone holds a role, they can't be challenged because they should know more than us???

Sir Fred Goodwin, Robert Maxwell, Gerald Ratner - don't worry about making some of the most ridiculous decisions in modern memory, you were in a responsible position because you are always right and we are always wrong, otherwise we would have been doing your job... The mistakes must have been down to something other than the fact you are human beings and can't be perfect all the time...

Did you specify this season? No I dont think you did

Ok then tactical genius you keep bleating about these kids not playing so please explain to me at whose expense

Heitinga, Distin and Jags are all better than Duffy

Bark;ley clearly isnt ready

Piennar and Oviedo are better tahn Gueye on the left

Jelavic, Anichebe, and Felli are all better upfront than Vellios

Jelavic, Anichebe, Felli and Vellios are all better then McAlaney

Coleman, Hibbert, Neville and Jags are all better ar RB than Browning

Osman , Gibbo, Felli, Neville, Hitz are all better than Silva in the middle

Ive never seen Kenedy play but I doubt he is beteer than Piennar and Mirallas

We have a ridiculously small squad so we simply dont have the personnel to chop and change the formation every week

In a 4-5-1 formatiom, and yes no kids i there, what would you do ?

What other formations do uou want him to play? we havent got the players to go 4-3-3 and despite your commentator not telling you we quite often go 4-4-2 at some point in our games, especially if were chasing a result. The 4-5-1 system that Moyes uses is quite fluid and players are pften changing positions during the match

You seem to want to plat toungsters just because of their age irrespective of their ability

The last time I looked we were fifth in the table and had only lost 3 games all sesaon so I dont think Moyes is doing too badly myslef

Specify the season haha, have fun with your spade. I really don't see why you've responded. I'm assuming you're not a child or a woman. You know you're wrong, why clamber and prolong your wrongness.

Fellaini isn't even a striker. Do you even watch the game or just get pissed at the match?

Bullshit, how do you know?

We do, their the players sitting on the bench every week. A fully fit youngster is better than a lead-legged Osman getting no chance to rest. The team's been carrying Neville all season, might as well give a kid the opportunity and benefit us in the long-run.

We're 5th, and what? Your satisfied with that? There's a massive gap for improvement. The team is good enough to be higher than that, just look at United we beat them comfortably and they're now 20 points(?) a head. Explain how thats happened?

Man U let Kanchelskis go as they had Beckham coming through, was Beckham as good as him? No, but he became a better player after gaining experience. United's faith paid off, be nice for our club to do the same.

Specify the season haha, have fun with your spade. I really don't see why you've responded. I'm assuming you're not a child or a woman. You know you're wrong, why clamber and prolong your wrongness.

Fellaini isn't even a striker. Do you even watch the game or just get pissed at the match?

We do, their the players sitting on the bench every week. A fully fit youngster is better than a lead-legged Osman getting no chance to rest. The team's been carrying Neville all season, might as well give a kid the opportunity and benefit us in the long-run.

We're 5th, and what? Your satisfied with that? There's a massive gap for improvement. The team is good enough to be higher than that, just look at United we beat them comfortably and they're now 20 points(?) a head. Explain how thats happened?

Man U let Kanchelskis go as they had Beckham coming through, was Beckham as good as him? No, but he became a better player after gaining experience. United's faith paid off, be nice for our club to do the same.

I think the fact that hansen picked us out as being lower than we should be says it all, this league aint that good! We have dropped ridiculous points this season - we have had opportunities to blood the youngsters and yes, I do believe that nearly every one of them could play the midfield role better than Phil Neville, they can all probably pass the ball better - Jan Mucha can probably pass the ball better.

Osman is due a rest, he's not a physical specimen and he often has to do twice as much work as he should covering for Nevilles mistakes. Part of me actually thinks we could become a better team without fellaini. We seem to revert to hoof ball when he is there amongst their defenders - teams are wise to it, blimey even Cheltenham knew how to deal with it!

Moyes has plan A and that is it, most of the time it's enough, it's the times when it isnt working that frustrates, as he just brings on useless subs.

Do be brief you stupid little boy, you were bang out of order with your petulant little insults last time so lets not go there again

Do be brief you stupid little boy, you were bang out of order with your petulant little insults last time so lets not go there again

You either don't know what that word means or live in a state of hypocrisy. I mostly ignore the constant put downs from you, guess why?, and it's not because you can't take it back. Practice what you preach.

Oh yeah thats right I forgot , it was me who resorted to vile personal insults wasnt it???

Pipe down

Just because you pussy foot about it, doesn't mean its not personal. You're not bright enough to make it subtle, then have the cheek to bitch and moan when you're brashly told to fuck off.

Wow, how nice of you. However, I'm not scared to voice my unpleasantries in public.

Shut the fuck up you tit

You have no idea who I am or what my level of intelligence is so keep your pathetic little insults to yourself

Yes I think you talk shite a lot of the time and you wouldnt recognise a good footballer if he kicked you in the bollocks, I have told you that but I have never resorted to petty personal insults

You know what you said last time so Im just telling you now not to go there again

BTW Leeds are playing atm, I wonder how Barkley's getting on?

Not involved.....him being on the bench v Cheltenham doesn't cup tie him does it?

I'm unsure whether he's cup tied or not, don't think so. I'd guess the club hasn't give Leeds permission to play him as we might need him. TBH I was just trying to put the thread back on topic.

Edit: Romey beat me to it blush.png

Edited by pete0

• 3 weeks later...

Ridiculous time for a substitution, and even that after Wolverhampton had got an equalizing goal. Warnock pleased enough to come away from Molineux with a point today.

Warnock for me is one of the best managers in the game. Barkley is still a Rookie. I'm sure there were good reasons why he didn't play, and the late sub.

I feel it too....but.

I have been watching his loan carear very carefully. From the way he turned the wednesday fans around after a few performances. and although they still couldnt see the point in training someone else youngster, they could still see his was a class act....to the way the leeds fans have responded to him.

A lot of them called for a permanent transfer or at least an end of season loan deal for him. that was after two appearances.

He is not a young player moving at the same breakthrough speed as many a young players, but he is slowly getting better. I remember watching the england u19s and hearing the commentator remark " some watching will smile thinking that was a miss-kick, trust me, thats how far ahead of his time Barkley is ".

The problem he has is that other players are not always on the same wavelength as he is. We have all been there. playing 5 a side or soccer eights and you play with a few beer bellys and it gets frustrating when you play a slick little through ball and the forward stands there looking at you as if to say " that was no-where near me" you feel like chewing thier face off.

Barkley does that to proffesionals!

he makes mistakes and needs to up his work rate. this is the reason he will not be in Moyes thoughts yet, moyes wont have players in his team that dont run thier socks off. Barkley will learn this, especially under Warnock. And when he does he will come back a Premier league player.

We have all been there. playing 5 a side or soccer eights and you play with a few beer bellys and it gets frustrating when you play a slick little through ball and the forward stands there looking at you as if to say " that was no-where near me" you feel like chewing thier face off.

Been there.....sadly though as one of the beer bellied ones thinking, "You expect me to run for it?"biggrin.png

I've got to be honest, with the way Osman and Pienaar are playing (tired and sloppy), I wouldn't mind seeing Barkley come back and given a go. This is coming from someone who hasn't been on the "play Barkley now" train, and I think he could add some energy to a side that is currently looking rather tired. Osman and Pienaar have looked tired, Naismith hasn't looked good on the wing and Moyes hasn't given him much of a go behind the striker, as well as Moyes seems unwilling to give Hitzlsperger much playing time as a holding midfielder. I think we should give Barkley a shot.