IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Leeds manager Neil Warnock is considering whether to extend Ross Barkley's loan move from Everton.

The midfielder has made four appearances since arriving at Elland Road on 11 January but is due to return to Merseyside following Leeds' clash with Middlesbrough on Tuesday.

Warnock has revealed he is pursuing a number of other loan targets and will make a decision on Barkley once he has concluded his other business.

"I'm going to talk to Ross himself and David Moyes" Warnock told the official Leeds website. "He wasn't in the starting line-up on Saturday so I'm going to have a chat with them.

"I'm sure we'll decide over the next 24 hours. He has done well, he is a good young lad and he is going to be a top player one day.

"We'll have to wait and see, not just on Ross but on our targets as well that we are trying to bring in. We are still trying to get a wide player.

"That's why I had the conversation with David when I knew that he wouldn't be starting against Wolves and we agreed to talk on Tuesday morning."

Ah, ok Neil.

When you've decided whether to extend his stay or not, perhaps you can ask permission first, eh mate? blink.png

Is saturday ideal? he is not cup-tied so can play.

Wish he could have been left there for the rest of season though. He really needs the experience and is going nowhere if he only gets 3 mins at the end of a match each week.

Will only feel good about this if he gets some game time here.

Is saturday ideal? he is not cup-tied so can play.

Wish he could have been left there for the rest of season though. He really needs the experience and is going nowhere if he only gets 3 mins at the end of a match each week.

Will only feel good about this if he gets some game time here.

will be very surprised if he starts. FA cup is probably prior #1 and after the kopites lost i would imagine a full strength team.

• 3 weeks later...

Just U21's according to the official twitter feed.

That's good, we could do with him in the 1st team. Hopefully the sending off was only hand bags and that we haven't got a scumbag footballer on our hands.

Other than him being sent off, sounds like Everton have done well and McAleny has scored again. Surely these boys should be getting more first team action.

Ross raising his hands to an opponent.

Manager holding club to ransoms, for personal gain.

Star player spitting his dummy out and refusing to go to a signing session.

Club captain admitting mediocrity is an achievement.

What the fuck has happened to our club in a few weeks? This isn't Everton. Sort it out Everton, fucking fuming.

Ross raising his hands to an opponent.

Manager holding club to ransoms, for personal gain.

Star player spitting his dummy out and refusing to go to a signing session.

Club captain admitting mediocrity is an achievement.

What the fuck has happened to our club in a few weeks? This isn't Everton. Sort it out Everton, fucking fuming.

Its like we are in a meltdown! Something doesnt seem right behind the scenes.

Its like we are in a meltdown! Something doesnt seem right behind the scenes.

I think Moyes stalling on his contract has fucked everyone off and shit has just hit the fan. It seems we are in free-fall and change seems to be the only thing that is going to move us forward.

• 1 month later...

I don't think he showed anything against arsenal that we didn't see against QPR a good while ago - the ability as stated is there in abundance. Decision wise he does need to sharpen up but he's only going to get that with premier league experience - he can get away with loitering on the ball against reserve level opponents so the consequences aren't always made apparent to him. He will learn to protect the ball far better against better opponents, he has strength, control and composure - he just needs to understand the speed required to do it at top level.

A toddler only learns how to walk when they fall over - you can't teach them by holding their hand all the time.

I do feel that he could have been brought along quicker - and I certainly think there have been ideal opportunities to do so that weren't utilised. But, now he's getting the managers faith, let's hope we see more of him - exciting times.

I don't think he showed anything against arsenal that we didn't see against QPR a good while ago - the ability as stated is there in abundance. Decision wise he does need to sharpen up but he's only going to get that with premier league experience - he can get away with loitering on the ball against reserve level opponents so the consequences aren't always made apparent to him. He will learn to protect the ball far better against better opponents, he has strength, control and composure - he just needs to understand the speed required to do it at top level.

A toddler only learns how to walk when they fall over - you can't teach them by holding their hand all the time.

I do feel that he could have been brought along quicker - and I certainly think there have been ideal opportunities to do so that weren't utilised. But, now he's getting the managers faith, let's hope we see more of him - exciting times.

I can see what your saying but the reason Moyes pulled him out of the firing line last season was to get as many games into him as possible outside of the spotlight of the Premiership and all the expectation that was surrounding him so that he could do all his falling over without it costing us points

Likewise this season with his loans to the Championship

Couple things I've noticed watching Barkley. His passes often seem to catch other players a bit by surprise. Not sure if he hits the pass in a bit of an odd way or if it's often coming a bit ahead or behind where it's expected. Also seems to let the ball bounce off him a bit too far, which invites the challenge. He clearly has the talent to have his first touch go where he wants it, just needs to learn to make that place closer to his body.

Like a few others on here I'd like to see him given quite a bit of time from now till the end of the season.

We have him on a decent contract. Even if city or chelski want to take a punt now it would cost them over £20m, they would sooner see him develop first.

Next season can be his big breakthrough, he needs to grab it with both hands and apply himself. He will never be a good defensive player but he always makes a pass available to a team mate. Relieve the pressure and then look to do something. He just needs to know when to look after the ball.

He played ok at the Emirates, but in the Spurs game he was shite and taken off after 50 minutes.

One Swallow does'nt make a summer and as far as i'm concerned the jury is still out.

I think the problem is you have been looking for swallows in the middle of winter. You can't judge him against Spurs - he was played out of position as he has been in nearly all of his cameos. QPR and Arsenal are the two games i've seen him play central and he's looked impressive - certainly adds a creative dimension we badly need.

Behind the striker he looks a different player, he needs a full scope of pitch with which to utilise his vision and ability to pick a pass.

It's moyes using the flanks as a safety net for players he doesn't know how to utilise correctly:- Rooney, Anichebe, Naismith, Rodwell, Osman, - it doesn't work.

Edited by Hafnia

Haf, regardless of the reason, he was still shite against Spurs.

Out of position, dodgy tummy, needing a wee, shoes too tight ? All perfectly good excuses, but shite is shite. It will take a while for him to find his feet. This is a top professional league, not what he is used to, and there is no rush.

Haf, regardless of the reason, he was still shite against Spurs.

Out of position, dodgy tummy, needing a wee, shoes too tight ? All perfectly good excuses, but shite is shite. It will take a while for him to find his feet. This is a top professional league, not what he is used to, and there is no rush.

Does that mean Jags and Heitinga have and always will be garbage??? Because when i've seen them played in defensive midfield that's what they have always been - garbage. But yeah, let's forget that they are international class centre halves, because when played out of position they were garbage.

Moyes seems to have his finger on the pulse as to what the fans are saying - because he justified Barkleys inclusion because of Osmans injury and stated Barkley will not be getting a run of games. Barkley did more the other night than Ossie has in the last few games.

I'm not saying Barkley is the finished article by any means, but he isn't going to get near that level playing behind closed doors at finch farm.

Does that mean Jags and Heitinga have and always will be garbage??? Because when i've seen them played in defensive midfield that's what they have always been - garbage. But yeah, let's forget that they are international class centre halves, because when played out of position they were garbage.

Moyes seems to have his finger on the pulse as to what the fans are saying - because he justified Barkleys inclusion because of Osmans injury and stated Barkley will not be getting a run of games. Barkley did more the other night than Ossie has in the last few games.

I'm not saying Barkley is the finished article by any means, but he isn't going to get near that level playing behind closed doors at finch farm.

He was shite against Spurs.

Would you like it in another language? Maybe I can add a few pictures, or pretty flowers to soften the blow for you, but no matter what you find to try to debate it, he was still shite against Spurs. How he performs in any other match is totally irrelevant to Bills statement.

He was shite against Spurs.

Would you like it in another language? Maybe I can add a few pictures, or pretty flowers to soften the blow for you, but no matter what you find to try to debate it, he was still shite against Spurs. How he performs in any other match is totally irrelevant to Bills statement.

He wasnt shite against Spurs he was average. Did some good things did some bad things. Maybe you were expecting too much!

Obviously there is a bit of heat between Haf and Avin ha ha but on this subject i have to agree with Haf. Barkley was poor against Spurs but it was due to him playing a difficult in an unfamiliar position against a team that scored a goal in the first 30 seconds and were well up for it. The lad hadnt played a premier league game for god knows how long and he gets thrown in away from home against a top team. A player like like Ross while he is developing is going to give the ball away but like Haf says when he played behind the front man if he does lose the ball its better to lose it 30 yards further up the field. I think its obvious he isnt a box to box player but he can put a challenge in and when his confidence his high his natural talent takes over. I hope he carries on in that role with Felli dropping deeper as i think Ross will go from strength to strength.

I can't help but feel Av is being so negative about Barkley because Moyes has received criticism for not playing him as much as a large part of fans would like. I certainly can't remember him ever stressing how shite Naismith has been in whatever game, despite Barkley not being worse than Naismith at all in the Spurs game. Naismith typically does nothing in a game, except for trying to track back. He generally doesn't even try to put in a through ball, or get to the byline to put in a cross or whatever. Against, Spurs, Barkley tried to track back and he actually got to the byline once and it got us the corner that got us a goal.

Against Arsenal, he was very good against top competition (better than Spurs imo). He brilliantly turned away from Arteta and put Anichebe in on goal with a through ball. I can't even seem to remember the last time one of our players has done that! And again, the body control to dance away from two players and then the shot that only just went wide in the second half was great too. This guy has just obviously got much more talent than either Naismith or Osman has, that it's kind of unnerving to me when we apparently are allowed to be negative about him, but not about Naismith because "he didn't cost anything" or whatever.

We need to play him much more. Yes, he lost the ball against Arsenal when he tried a one-touch give and go in confined space in front of our own box, but he's not going to learn he can't do that unless it goes wrong and he probably can do it when he's playing with the reserves or with Sheffield Wednesday. And even if he does cost us a risky possession from time to time, I'm fine with that if he can offer the things he did against Arsenal further up field.

IMO he was shite against Spurs and he started equally poorly against Arsenal but grew into the game and in the end put in a fairly accomplished performance

Personally I still have very high hopes for Barkley and I do firmly believe that he is going to be a top player. The problem is all the hype that has surrounded him since he first came onto the scene as a 16 year old. People seem to forget how much football he has missed through injury and that has really hampered his development. You can still see even now that some of his decision making at times is poor. He sometimes looks for the Hollywood ball when a 5 yard pass is a better option, sometimes he wants to hold onto the ball too long, sometimes he wants too much time.

IMO these are just rough edges that are attributable to his lack of football and they will improve as he gets more experience. Now this is where all the debate starts , the more impatient fans will jump up and down and stamp their feet saying he should be getting that game time in the first team now

Again its only my opinion but I think Moyes has handled him perfectly, he took him out of the spotlight and got him playing as much football as possible for the reserves and U18s last year and he has farmed him out on loan to the Championship this year. Outside of the first team spotlight Barkley has played in just about every Everton game he has been eligible for , this has allowed him to develop and make all of his mistakes without all the pressure that our fickle fans bring

Moyes watches him everyday in training , he speaks to him all the time, Barkley himself has said in the press that he believes that he is in good hands The bottom line is that when Moyes feels he is ready then he will play him

Seamus Coleman is a good example, when he first burst onto the scene people in here were demanding that he should be in the side when it was obvious he wasn't ready defensively, so Moyes sent him out on loan to the Championship to help develop his game and he pushed him into midfield to get him game time and when Moyes felt that he was ready he played him .Now look at him, and yes that was down to Moyes not the fans as some people in here would have you believe