IGNORED

Moyes

"Fickle Internet fans" eh Dunc aka "I go to all games, therefore I'm a proper fan and love the club more"

Throw fellaini into the world class league if you go on the basis he would get in most teams midfields who happen to have world class players.

At what point did I claim to love the club more?

I am just saying there is a definite difference in opinion between your average match going fan and your average internet fan.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean then Brendan Rodgers could manage Barcelona? Guardiola managing Stoke? You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. We do not have any world class players, and by that a world starting IX. Haf is in most part right, not about Felli but about Moyes not moving forward and adapting, don't care who is better than who on a man for man basis, all I know is that other teams are evolving, we are still stuck playing the same way for a few seasons now. Unless the team starts playing with tempo and pressing then even teams like Swansea or Norwich will make us look antiquated FFS! Don't be surprised if Moyes's fate is sealed if we have a take over with money to spend, I don't want him to go, just pull his head out of his ass now and then and see how other managers are doing with a lot less than him. Rant over........ Yay!mellow.png ps... should have a smiley banging his head against a brick wall.......... or a sheep one.......... just for the Taffs!laugh.png

Who is the internet fan comment aimed at? I'd be interested to know as that kind of belittling shite has no place for me on forums and such a like.

There will be people who simple can't afford to get to go live to far or have commitments like Matt and his work but I would never take his OPINION as less valid then Yours mine or anyone else's excluding Dave.

At what point did I claim to love the club more?

I am just saying there is a definite difference in opinion between your average match going fan and your average internet fan.

Really? I've been a season ticket holder for a while whilst being on this forum, now I go to what I can make. There is absolutely no difference whatsoever - your judgement is your judgement. It's not the first time you inferred that there is some sort of difference in match going fan and otherwise.

Judging by above comment it seems I'm not the only one. Put it this way if I was to get a match ticket rebate I would have a healthy bank boost, however my opinion would be no different.

Edited by Hafnia

Im not aiming it at anybody in particular Im just calling it as I see it and there is a definite difference in the way the match going fan thinks to the way the internet fans think.

Take the Buffoon Union as an example, they have plenty of support on the internet yet at the match most people have got no time for them. Likewise most people in here seem to think Moyes is tactically inept, only plays his favourites etc etc yet ask most fans around the ground and they are still behind him. I have never once said that I am a better supporter because I go to all the games or anything remotely like that. I just think that there is a different mindset

The only comment I made was that internet fans seem a lot more fickle and I stand by that.

I don't think it really matters regarding opinion on footballing matters who does or doesn't go to matches, however I do think it matters regarding football politics.

The amount of Kenwright out, or Moyes out posts you see on the net is bad enough, but when you hear or read it from fans who don't , or have never been to a match, or even stepped foot in the country like many, it's a bit much.

It equates to protesting against Tescos store policies, when you do all your browsing on line, yet don't buy anything. Discuss their brands by all means, but should you really be talking about who they employ etc?

I don't like the Blue Union, and often criticise their actions, but they go to the matches, where many of us don't / can't / won't, so they are entitled to moan amongst themselves if they want to, or protest at the said matches even if other match goers disagree. They're not entitled to tell the club what to do though, which some of them don't seem to realise.

If they're not entitled to do it, and they 'do' go to the match, I'm fairly sure all the Internet moaners who have never stepped foot in Goodison aren't either lol. Politics is best left to politicians while fans chat about on the pitch matters.

I have to agree with Dunc to a degree in that there is often a different mind set between those who have, and those who have not.

It totally depends on what your motives are. Politically I voice mine on a forum, I go the match I watch - intently, applaud, encourage, groan but never engage in voicing what I truly think as I've seen fans fighting over opinions, I'm there to watch the team. Majority of fans do exactly the same. Why risk a volley of abuse off someone aled up who doesn't like you telling him that moyes hasn't got a clue? I will do that with people I know face to face.

You can't throw a quadrant over the match day public and quantify opinion, you can over the Internet. The majority of fans are there to watch the team, they will have big opinions but will be kept quiet.

I have been to hundreds of everton games, someone who hasn't been to one but watches them on tv or whatever has as much right to their opinion as I do.

Edited by Hafnia

Does that mean then Brendan Rodgers could manage Barcelona? Guardiola managing Stoke? You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. We do not have any world class players, and by that a world starting IX. Haf is in most part right, not about Felli but about Moyes not moving forward and adapting, don't care who is better than who on a man for man basis, all I know is that other teams are evolving, we are still stuck playing the same way for a few seasons now. Unless the team starts playing with tempo and pressing then even teams like Swansea or Norwich will make us look antiquated FFS! Don't be surprised if Moyes's fate is sealed if we have a take over with money to spend, I don't want him to go, just pull his head out of his ass now and then and see how other managers are doing with a lot less than him. Rant over........ Yay!mellow.png ps... should have a smiley banging his head against a brick wall.......... or a sheep one.......... just for the Taffs!laugh.png

The thing is change in style usual comes with new personel. If we had the money to buy these world class players then I'd imagine we would. Moyes has spent years getting the best out of what he's got - in the early days he at least had enough to freshen things up and move us on. With no investment in the squad for the past 3 years things have gone stale and Moyes hasn't been able to get in those bodies to progress us further.

Moyes is a steady eddie from his head to his toes. I dare say he would have had Chelsea on more points than they are at the moment but they would still be playing like that at the end of the season and will be pushing for 4th place at best.

AVB is trying to teach an old dog new tricks and he will succeed by exiting those that can not adapt to change. The likes of Terry Drogba and Lamps do not carry the power to get him out anymore, they are lucky to get a start.

Moyes has some players there capable of change, capable of becoming more fluid, creative, attacking etc. It's just that he seems so pig headed and reluctant to go against anything which is not defend at all costs, hoof ball, chase back, pack the midfield etc etc.

You know what you will get from Moyes

A functional side that defends. Recently our performances have improved, a bit more confidence has seen us play better. We dont set ourselves up any differently but by virtue of a bit of confidence we play better and look a more potent attacking threat.

Essentially our traditional poor start saps confidence and leaves us hanging on in games where we play on the back foot, recently we have been a bit more on the front foot

I think maybe some people at the match dont like to be vocal in public where its much easier to be vocal on the internet.

I also think its difficult to accurately use anything along the lines of "most people who go to the match think......." because you have no way of knowing. Maybe ten people around you might say things out loud. Its easier to be vocal at the match when lots of people are saying the same thing. Not so much when you might be on your own.

Lol Bailey can you please name just one of our " World Class Internationals" ?

You keep banging on about Dalglish and what a great job he is doing. They are only 7 points ahead of us and we have a game in hand. So when you take the Rodwell incident into account we would probably only be 1 point behind them now. I am pretty sure if Moyes had of been given that kind of money to spend he would have done a much better job

We are a better side than Newcastle and I firmly beleive we will finish above them this year.

I just cant beleive how fickle internet fans are, it was the same this time last year all wanting rid of Moyes to bring in a great young manager like Owen Cotle or Ian Holloway, look what happened there . Ian Holloway is back in the Championship and Coyle is looking like joining him

Ok well theres Howard, Jags, baines, Heitinga (WC finalist), Felli, Bily, Rodwell (technically), Saha (was) & Cahill. Thats the majority of our starting line-up that are full internationals, and the majority deservidely so.

I stated that Dagleish has done a great job in setting his team out to have a go and play against the better teams. He and his players have been guilty of similar traits to us when they take their foot off the gas and get sloppy. However, like it or not, he has set his team out to beat the other class teams in the league and hasnt sat back and rolled over. Dont try and bring hypothetic situations in to the argument, because Rodwell did get sent off and that wont change. We dont know how that game would have ended up and there are plenty of games this season where we have deserved nothing and somehow won. Maybe would do a better job, but maybe he wouldnt. We used to play a certain way and for whatever reason it has dropped off. I doubt we would play any differently if we had a few better players, but in turn they would probably help us scrape a few extra points here and there, purely down to their quality.

We do have a much better squad than Newcastle and I too would hope we would finish above them. Using your money = success logic, Moyes wouldnt be doing a good enough job if we didnt. People dont necessarily want rid of Moyes, they want him to take his head out of the sand he seems to have piled up around him for the last couple of years. Again by your reckoning its no surprise Holloway is back in the Championship because of the quality of the squad he has at his disposal. Bar Adam, they were championship players at best. Besides I dont think anyone genuinely wanted him as Everton manager? Bolton are going through a surprising bad patch, but we have been in there position for the last 2 seasons, so who is to say he wont turn it round?

Watching games on the internet or watching them at the ground means nothing. I have been to plenty of Everton games and plenty of other live sporting events and if anything you see less, because you dont see the bigger picture. I go to games to watch the game, and then when I am with my mates or back home on here, I say what I think and give reasons for it. It doesnt make anyone elses opinion less valid than your own.

Who is the internet fan comment aimed at? I'd be interested to know as that kind of belittling shite has no place for me on forums and such a like.

There will be people who simple can't afford to get to go live to far or have commitments like Matt and his work but I would never take his OPINION as less valid then Yours mine or anyone else's excluding Dave.

This

Im not aiming it at anybody in particular Im just calling it as I see it and there is a definite difference in the way the match going fan thinks to the way the internet fans think.

Take the Buffoon Union as an example, they have plenty of support on the internet yet at the match most people have got no time for them. Likewise most people in here seem to think Moyes is tactically inept, only plays his favourites etc etc yet ask most fans around the ground and they are still behind him. I have never once said that I am a better supporter because I go to all the games or anything remotely like that. I just think that there is a different mindset

The only comment I made was that internet fans seem a lot more fickle and I stand by that.

Thats mainly because the Blue Union are full of idiots who seem to jump on the band wagon. I dont mean to assume or talk for other people but I think it is fair to say there is a large percentage of Everton fans that dont always agree with Moyes' tactical philosphy at times and his strange substitutions, and that the board arent doing as good of a job as they should be. These thought might co-incide with the Blue Unions motives/beliefs but it doesnt mean that they support what they are doing and will therefore go and march with them. I dont see many people on here saying that they are fully behind the BU yet techinically we are all 'internet fans'.

With regards to the Liverpool players in the Everton 11... There still isnt anyone else I would have. Reina is a good keeper but Howard does as good of a job, Downing is very wasteful and while I accept a proper winger would be nice, I wouldnt really want him (especially at the price he cost), Henderson is average, Adam isnt a world beater (although he does have a great passing range), Gerrard spends more time injured than Saha, Lucas isnt anywhere near the class of Felli and both CB's arent anything special either. However, they seem to be able to work well as a team (at least in the last few games) they do seem to be well balanced across the pitch. Man City & Chelsea have bought God knows how many players since their money men came in, but they were only successful when they started playing as a team and working as a team.

The thing is change in style usual comes with new personel. If we had the money to buy these world class players then I'd imagine we would. Moyes has spent years getting the best out of what he's got - in the early days he at least had enough to freshen things up and move us on. With no investment in the squad for the past 3 years things have gone stale and Moyes hasn't been able to get in those bodies to progress us further.

That does not mean Moyes can serve up some of the bollocks that we have seen early on, I don't mind if we are not easy on the eye, Iv'e seen Swansea come up through the leagues playing absolutely stunning football, what bothers me is David Moyes has run out of ideas,it does seem well when he is out thought by other managers who have less talented teams. Am I being hard on him? I just feel he can do so much better if he opened his eyes to see winning one game is better than drawing two.smile.png

I seems at times that Moyes doesn't have the belief in the team that we can play attacking high tempo football, like I said over in the stoke match day post, I would have thought this weekends match, at a possibly tired team, would be an ideal opportunity to up the ante and play this way. Do you think his team selection and formation will do this, will it bo@$#ks. If Cahill and Saha are picked in their usual positions, you'll hear me screaming in Goodison all the way from south wales!!

Ok well theres Howard, Jags, baines, Heitinga (WC finalist), Felli, Bily, Rodwell (technically), Saha (was) & Cahill. Thats the majority of our starting line-up that are full internationals, and the majority deservidely so.

Bailey you said "World Class Internationals" there is a bit of a difference between somebody being an International and them being world class.

Just about every team in the Premiership can boast a squad full of Internationals

My point about The Shite is despite the millions that they have spent and how bad our start to the season has been they are not exactly a million miles ahead of us. We took the game to them in the derby and we were well on top until the Referee interviened so its not really hypothetical.

As it was they got lucky and took the points, wins build confidence and so they were up for the games against City and Chelsea. We were on a poor run of results and our confidence was down thats the difference

Its much easier to go and have a go against the top teams if you have £120M worth of attacking talent and your tails are up

Somehow Suarez is in the running for the Ballon D'Or, most people hadn't even heard of him before he moved to Liverpool.

Come on I hate The Shite and I dont particularly like Suarez but he is one of the best forwards in the World and you must have been living on Mars if you hadnt heard of him before he moved there

Somehow Suarez is in the running for the Ballon D'Or, most people hadn't even heard of him before he moved to Liverpool.

I was under the opinion he was regarded by many as the best striker in the world at the time of the World Cup, due to his goals at club level. There were mentions of him being a bit of a whiner, but he was everybody's target. His hand ball at the WC created many enemies, but probably more because it was against a popular African team, rather than against the Germans or Argentinians.

Come on I hate The Shite and I dont particularly like Suarez but he is one of the best forwards in the World and you must have been living on Mars if you hadnt heard of him before he moved there

I knew of him through the Dutch league, and its also why I dont rate him.

I was under the opinion he was regarded by many as the best striker in the world at the time of the World Cup, due to his goals at club level. There were mentions of him being a bit of a whiner, but he was everybody's target. His hand ball at the WC created many enemies, but probably more because it was against a popular African team, rather than against the Germans or Argentinians.

The majority of people I know only knew him because of this goal and that was it.

Yakubu. 2mil. FFS. A lot of the transfers i can forgive, but why bother? For 2mil? Looking at his stats this year for a team like Blackburn, he could have had a dozen here already this season.

In short it's moyes and strikers. He likes them to defend and chase channel balls.

Just watching Final Score, he's now got the first "Yaktrick" since Fulham for us. Garth Crooks couldn't stop laughing as they discussed how Everton are in dire need of a goalscorer and sold a return to form Yakubu.

After he came back from the World Cup he looked a shadow of his former self. This season however, he seems to have shaking off the bad patch and started banging in the goals again.

Did noone else look to give him the encouragement that he could do that at Finch Farm? Or did they think losing another striker in favour of a no name from the Argentinain league was a better idea? why not just stick with the Yak?????

Of course this a view derived purely from hindsight, but nonetheless, it still made no sense. If we're not using stracqualursi, couldn't we have kept Yak, knowing that he definitely has goals in him at Premier League level?

Ball...droppeddry.png

Yakubu was finished here long before his sale the bloke had as much enthusiasm as a nun at a ann summers party.

Saurez is a class player everyone has their opinion but you must be blind to think otherwise, I've said it in another thread a class player but he's no class act and as a player I can't stand him.

I agree 2M is a very silly price in todays game and I know what your saying Haf but Yakubu really did lack enthusiasm for some time here as he has with previous clubs and the same will happen at Blackburn in time.

Whether the cause of that was down the Moyes and his negativity at time's I'm not sure and I doubt we will find out.

I just find it hard to believe that being the case with him doing the same act at Portsmouth Boro and then Ourselves.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Yakubu was finished here long before his sale the bloke had as much enthusiasm as a nun at a ann summers party.

Saurez is a class player everyone has their opinion but you must be blind to think otherwise, I've said it in another thread a class player but he's no class act and as a player I can't stand him.

This!

We got our customary 12 months out of the Yak and then it was time for him to move on

Contrary to what Haf would have you believe its got nothing to do with Moyse's mythical bad record with strikers. The Yak has done the same thing at every club he has ever played for in England and as far as Im aware David Moyes has never been manager at Fulham or Boro