IGNORED

Price Tag is £100M

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think it's expensive?

How much are the players worth, before accounting for the clubs assests and brand name?

If you want to value the club by adding up the price of assets (particularly intangible assets that have no guaranteed re-sale value) then the club is worth -£29.8m according to the net liabilities in the balance sheet

We can't find this online, sorry, but on page 6 of the football section in the Mail on Sunday, it is claimed that:

"Chairman Bill Kenwright has put a £100m price tag on Everton despite their precarious finances. At least one serious potential buyer has walked away from a Goodison deal, believing the asking price is too high with Everton £40m in debt

Let's not get carried away just yet. rolleyes.gif

So for his £7-8m investment he is looking for £33m - After 11 years of not putting in any other money, increasing debt etc.

Mr kenwright I feel the blue union are about to make more noise...

So you know how the money is going to be split and that he wont try and reinvest in the club? Can I have the up coming lottery numbers?

Wasnt Newcastle up for 100m? 100m plus the debt seems reasonable to me considering the squad and history of the club.

All of this from a Mail extract, talk about over the top kneejerk reactions. The BU can make all the noise they like, its not going to achieve anything more than ridiculing their own "causes" (if they actually align on what their causes are) and embarrassing the club.

Edited by Matt

So you know how the money is going to be split and that he wont try and reinvest in the club? Can I have the up coming lottery numbers?

How's that work? He sells his shares & hands the money back to the club as a freebie?

Wasnt Newcastle up for 100m? 100m plus the debt seems reasonable to me considering the squad and history of the club.

Newcastle have a stadium that's worth a fortune in a city with just one club. And they failed to sell for £100m

All of this from a Mail extract, talk about over the top kneejerk reactions. The BU can make all the noise they like, its not going to achieve anything more than ridiculing their own "causes" (if they actually align on what their causes are) and embarrassing the club.

Bill said I should believe what's in the Mailtongue.png

Work put the ratios Matt based on percentage ownership. That's how you get £33m.

If the Mail said Monday came the day before Tuesday I would check it on a calendar. A quote from the Mail says it all really.

(My ex's favourite paper, says enough for me.)

Lets see some more authenticated reports before we throw ourselves on our swords eh?

I'm sure the mail just read kipper - we've signed Moutinho about six times according to them... and I fell for it 5 times!

Keith Harris said on City a while back that between £100m and £120m would get you 68% of the club and clear the debt.

£100m for 68% plus the debt is a hell of a lot imo.

but this hasnt been confirmed, so i wont get too mad just yet.

i tell you one thing, at this price i may consider selling our shares.

I'm sure the mail just read kipper - we've signed Moutinho about six times according to them... and I fell for it 5 times!

the first two times he was ok, the last three he played shit!

(im talking rubbish i know)

Edited by StevO

I think that was just a rumour.. although Robert Earl has acted as guarantor on a few occasions.

A spokesman for Earl said he had contributed financially by providing personal guarantees so that Everton could extend their bank borrowings and sign new players. He does not, the spokesman said, intend to put further money in until Everton are in a new stadium, when the club could be in a position to attract further investment.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/20/david-conn-everton-robert-earl

I think that was just a rumour.. although Robert Earl has acted as guarantor on a few occasions.

http://www.guardian....ton-robert-earl

how do we get a new stadium though? by that i mean stadiums tend to pay for themselves over time, so money there is not a huge issue, but look at the shite, they have new owners with money and they are no further along with their stadium plans, it seems Liverpool council have a real issue with both clubs when it comes to building new grounds, thats why i think if we did get new investment, i think they would push both clubs into a shared stadium

£100million + debt seems more than reasonable.

When taking into account the assets of the club.

what assets would these be? GP is the only fixed asset, the rest is the playing squad.

i dont think football clubs are valued at the transfer potential of a player.

the players are normally valued by their contracts i believe. so barkely will be valued about three quid (exageration before someone jumps on me) as he will have a very small wage. fellaini only has two years left on a contract worth possibly a couple of million a year.

players values are constantly decreasing due to contracts getting shorter by the day.

fixed asset wise the club only has GP.

and any figure touted about is only for 68% of the club.

£100million + debt seems more than reasonable.

When taking into account the assets of the club.

what assets would these be? GP is the only fixed asset, the rest is the playing squad.

Edited by StevO

the players are normally valued by their contracts i believe. so barkely will be valued about three quid (exageration before someone jumps on me) as he will have a very small wage. fellaini only has two years left on a contract worth possibly a couple of million a year.

players values are constantly decreasing due to contracts getting shorter by the day.

Surely the ongoing business and commercial marketing of the Everton brand has value?

that is true avin.

but what commercial marketing? we are tied down to a deal worth £3m a year for the next seven years i think for all merchandise. that is massive!

three years ago this deal was great, we went from making a £500,000 a year loss on to £3m guaranteed. but in seven years what will £3m be worth?

Goodison is mortgaged to the hilt.