IGNORED

NFL Thread

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

NFL is rugby for pussies. shaking%20fist.png

Nah, I'd actually watch NFL but I don't understand any of the rules. If anyone I'd probably support Packers because of the way in which they are ran although I supported Baltimore in the Super Bowl because I like that part of the world.

The game is a bit too 'American' for me too which can make it irritating and one of the main reasons why I haven't even taken to it.

Brother in law was talking about this:

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages?ttv=9&ttp=3

So looking forward to the new season. A while off I know, Im just so excited. Which is strange, since I adopted the Cardinals, who are shite.

I was actually looking into that as well the last couple of days. I'm a big NBA fan and I usually just stay up really late to watch the games on "less than legal streams" as I don't have any classes before noon except for fridays and I can just skip those, but I can't do that during my exams and those just happen to coincide with the Finals so I started by looking into the NBA League Pass. They're only offering the entire season for €83 though which I'm not going to pay for anymore right now (80 games into a 82 game season), I hope they offer a special for just the play-offs or something. Anyway, that got me into looking to the NFL League Pass too.

I'm not going to get one for last year's NFL season anymore though, I probably will get one next season. Super Bowl XLVI between the Giants and Patriots was the first NFL game I saw and got me into it, I watched quite a few games last season (much better hours than NBA games for us Europeans), but that League Pass would allow me to watch way more games.

I haven't really adopted one team in particular so far though. I watched quite a bit of the Giants though, I guess I like those best.

• 8 months later...

The Colts just pulled off a pretty great comeback in the wildcard round against the Chiefs. They were behind 38-10 just after half time and won it 44-45. Andrew Luck and T.Y. Hilton were the stars of the show. Chiefs suffered a lot of injuries during the game though, Jamaal Charles went down on the first drive of the game. Thrilling game.

NFL is rugby for pussies. shaking%20fist.png

I kinda agree. Despite living in the US for almost 30 years, I still don't understand the attraction. It's chaos interspersed with commercials, and there's just no flow to the game. Compare that with some of the fluid and flowing rugby games, and there's just no comparison. Plus, rugby players are tough enough not to need helmets or pads.

No streaming links boys :shaking fist:

Rodgers is simply incredible. Houdini would've been proud of that escape!

Really sad to see GB knocked out. I don't follow NFL much anymore, but I always pay attention to the Packers.

And Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL behind Peyton.

• 2 weeks later...

Lifelong Chicago Bears fan, but lately I've been more sensitive to and increasingly frustrated with how little play time is actually involved. Over the course of 3.5 hours, if you actually use a stopwatch to time how much the ball is in play (from snap to down, or kick to down) it is about 15 minutes...the rest is time outs, respotting the ball, huddle+playcalls at the line of scrimage, TV time outs, offensive/defensive/special teams changes, etc. I find it difficult to carve out 3 hours for so little return. I guess I much prefer the continuous play of soccer (football).

Given that, I still will catch a game from time to time and this year's superbowl--Broncos/Seattle--looks like it could be good. Thank god for DVR so I can fast-forward through those way-over-hyped commercials...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Really sad to see GB knocked out. I don't follow NFL much anymore, but I always pay attention to the Packers.

And Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL behind Peyton.

Rodgers is the best human QB, Peyton has been replaced by an alien cyborg this season!

• 1 month later...

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/199057-lobbyist-drafting-bill-to-ban-gays-from-nfl

Washington lobbyist Jack Burkman on Monday said he is preparing legislation that would ban gay athletes from joining the National Football League (NFL).

Burkman in a statement said he has garnered political support for the bill, though his statement didn't mention any specific lawmakers who are behind it.

"We are losing our decency as a nation," Burkman said in a statement. "Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man. That's a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country. What in the world has this nation come to?"

Part of me hopes he pushes for it, I'm intrigued to see what the reaction would be.

I really hope Michael Sam gets a big move. He deserves it.

The only attention on a team that drafts him will be mainly positive, the naive, small minded comments from a select few 'hicks is ridiculous.

Really wish him well and i'm going to watch the draft on May 8 and hope he gets somewhere.

Best Defensive Linesman in the minor leagues would get whipped up, even as first picks but because he's "out" he stands lower in the selection. I hope more come out and prove they're awesome.