IGNORED

Money available

Finn balor

Both Bill and Davey have said money will be available in Jan probably pittance like but where should our priorities lie? I would continue our youth policy by buying young hungry talent.

Think we need a striker or two, winger and cover at centre back.

Zaha - Palace - Can play out wide or in 4-3-3 this lad needs to be snapped up. £5 mill

McCarthy - Wigan- centre mid quality young midfielder imagine him rodders n Barkley fighting for a spot? £5 - 8 mill

Maynard - Bristol City - Out of contract in summer so we could do another Beckford but if were desperate quick, scores all types of goals i rate him. £2 mill

Dawson - West Brom centre back england under 21 regular scores goals not in West Brom team yet after signing from Rochdale but get him in quick. £3 mill

Butterfield - Barnsley captain at 21 midfielder out of contract in summer

Who would you guys be after?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

butterfield and maynard yes but dawson no as we have duffy and mustafi so no need for him and mccarthey is a no no as we have rodwell felli barkley osman cahill bily heitinga etc etc even if we sold some of them still got plenty enough and he is not good enough for us, dont really no zaha very well

i would like us to atleast inquire about holtby and need a striker but not pav or chamack

Edited by blueboy4eva

We need a 1st choice striker to lead the line. Maynard looks a very good player but we need someone ready to come in and score goals straight away. Pav or Defoe on-loan would be expected to do this.

Will never happen but I'd love us to put a ridiculous cheeky loan bid for Torres (yep Fernando), he's not doing much else is he?!

I'd like to know how much it would cost to tie down Drenthe if possible as I think he could become a great player for us in time.

We need another striker I think Vellios could be another diamond in the rough buy from Moyes but still could do with a proven (cost) forward.

I really hope we see more of Gueye as him and Drenthe on either side would work well for me but if not we need another (natural) wide man.

If we are looking for a winger then Lallana at Soton would be a good bet although probably quite pricey. He is very quick and nimble and seems to be able to finish moves off, whether its a pass or a shot on goal.

Striker wise I don't think we have many options. Defoe wouldn't suit our style of play, I'm not convinced by Pav's attitude/desire, Chamakh falls into the same category and there aren't too many others looking for clubs. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any uk based player that would fulfill most of the criteria we need (that would realistically be available). Odemwingie would probably tick most boxes but I don't know what's happening to him at WB this season?

What kind of money are we talking about?

Tie down Drenthe should be the first thing to do.

Id be quite happy with Pav or Defoe to be honest.

SELL:

Saha

Rodwell (if 30 mil or more)

If Rodwell is sold and if we could reinvest 15 mil id say go for Rasmus Elm to replace Rodders.

TERMINATE:

Straqulursikisi (or what ever his name is)

Terminate his loan you ask?........................................No, just terminate

If Rodwell is sold and if we could reinvest 15 mil id say go for Rasmus Elm to replace Rodders.

Well I guess we can forget about Elm. Arsenal and Man U monitoring. Man U prepared to pay 13 mil for him.

Article in Swedish, google translate if youre interested. Mentions that he visited Everton in 2009 but he chose Holland as a first step. http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/england/article14007703.ab

I remember a lot of people saying he was mad for choosing AZ ahead of the prem at the time, but he is now one of the hottest players in the dutch league and apparently worth 13 mil.

Shame that he didnt chose Everton at the time but theres no way of telling if he would have evolved as much here as he has in the dutch league.

He hasnt just arrived is what im saying.Remember when we were linked with young english striker Darren Bent at Ipswich? £2.5 mill wasn't it? Remind again of his combined transfer figure now? I'm using Bent as an example but you get the idea

True. But we're not going to get every quality youngster and equally we're linked to most as are many others... I remember the Shite almost signing wonderkid Dean Bowdich!

I do remember Bent already being a very good striker and not much of a gamble when Charlton signed him, we couldn't muster the money but we did sign M.Bent and Cahill that summer and didn't do bad that season either!

Seriously think the first priority has to be sorting the midfield out, there is just no creativity there whatsoever, there is no point in us bringing a striker in when we don't make chances for the one's we have at the club already, Drenthe adds some when he is in the team, but we need more than that, we need someone in there, who can pass it short range and make chances for the striker(s)

Seriously think the first priority has to be sorting the midfield out, there is just no creativity there whatsoever, there is no point in us bringing a striker in when we don't make chances for the one's we have at the club already, Drenthe adds some when he is in the team, but we need more than that, we need someone in there, who can pass it short range and make chances for the striker(s)

From what I read about the match yesterday, and what ive seen over the season, is that were getting the ball in the box but noone there so striker is 1st thing for me.

seriously gutted we didn't get Demba Ba - what happened there? He has the lot, reminds me of drogba, very very good player, movement, pace, can finish, strong in the air.

he wanted a crazy contract didnt he? Still, wouldve been worth it. I think they mustve thought that having only been in the EPL for 4-5 months he wasnt worth the gamble.

From what I read about the match yesterday, and what ive seen over the season, is that were getting the ball in the box but noone there so striker is 1st thing for me.

i watched the game yesterday, and from what i could see Vellios looked very isolated, he was never going to get balls from Cahill or Bily or Coleman, although in the first 15mins Bily did try. i feel we need someone who is going to take the space between the half way line and opposition box and just sit there and pass the ball, whether its out wide or straight through the middle in behind the defender, someone who can keep hold of it and just make accurate passes, really it should be Ozzy's job, but he seems to have forgotten how to do it.

Its what we are told Ross Barkley can do, but Moyes seems to think otherwise.

Edited by theprisoner

i watched the game yesterday, and from what i could see Vellios looked very isolated, he was never going to get balls from Cahill or Bily or Coleman, although in the first 15mins Bily did try. i feel we need someone who is going to take the space between the half way line and opposition box and just sit there and pass the ball, whether its out wide or straight through the middle in behind the defender, someone who can keep hold of it and just make accurate passes, really it should be Ozzy's job, but he seems to have forgotten how to do it.

Because hes not playing supporting striker, where he is best.

which is when we come back to the old Cahill argument again....

The joys of being an Evertonian

:lol: yeah, youre not wrong unfortunately. I cant believe Moyes hasnt seen how much better we are with Ossie as the creative player in the middle (the man has velcro on his feet, usually good vision and can pick a pass) and bring Cahill on for the last 15mins to add a bit of muscle. It was working at the beginning of the season quite well, not to mention quite a few games last year where Ossie was running the show.

It's sad to see Cahill name associated with groans, but it is what it is. Moyes deploys him like some sort of Billy Whitehurst - "go on lad, put yourself about" - it's sad. It's getting similar to watching Mike Tyson being put on his backside by boxers who would not step in the ring with him years before. The spirit will always be there with TC, he has the heart of a lion, unfortunately he has declined significantly and lost the edge he needed.

Time to play Barkley in the free role behind the striker, It's his birthday today ironically, he can sign up for 5 years, get it done and get him played.

It's sad to see Cahill name associated with groans, but it is what it is. Moyes deploys him like some sort of Billy Whitehurst - "go on lad, put yourself about" - it's sad. It's getting similar to watching Mike Tyson being put on his backside by boxers who would not step in the ring with him years before. The spirit will always be there with TC, he has the heart of a lion, unfortunately he has declined significantly and lost the edge he needed.

Time to play Barkley in the free role behind the striker, It's his birthday today ironically, he can sign up for 5 years, get it done and get him played.

This is key, if he is just sat there on the bench, he will get pissed off, and he is an 18 year old kid who already knows some of the top clubs in the land have been sniffing around him, player power these days suggests if we don't play him, he will just turn round and tell Moyes to fuck off. and we all have to sit and watch as he is lifting the title in a Man U/ Chelsea shirt. Edited by theprisoner

This is key, if he is just sat there on the bench, he will get pissed off, and he is an 18 year old kid who already knows some of the top clubs in the land have been sniffing around him, player power these days suggests if we don't play him, he will just turn round and tell Moyes to fuck off. and we all have to sit and watch as he is lifting the title in a Man U/ Chelsea shirt.

It may sound optimistic, but this is what I've been hoping and praying Moyes has been waiting for. Wait until he turns 18, offer him a bumper 5 year contract and guarantee we will bring players in and he will get first team football, get him signed, and then sick him on the Premier League. a midfield of Rodwell, Fellaini, Drenthe, Coleman and Barkley could be devastating, much the way you see Tottenham's is set up now. Two wide players who like to cut in, a holding player, or in our case two, to break up play and move us up the pitch, and a creative spark, to link up play, find decisive passes and get us goal scoring opportunities.

Our back 4 of late has been pretty good defensively, Jags and Johnny seem to be reading each other better, Baines is average on his worst day but he's still trying to get forward, and Hibbert has always been underrated, though i think he's a great tackler of the ball. Saha up front with service should get us goals, and it could all turn around in a matter of weeks for us.

We are desperately missing the service up top though, when Carsley left we lost our best holding player at the time, and it left us all at sea for the first few months. This time, we lost our most creative player, even if he was out of form and injury prone, he still saw things people didn't. this is what Barkley can do, and superbly at times as well, so I really hope Moyes gets him tied down long term, and we can start to see him push into the squad.

In fairness as well though, I don't disbelieve David when he says he's had a dip in form, you look at any of the prem's best players, and when they are out of form it's almost not worth playing them. All the players who reach the summit in football are unplayable when in form, but wretched when not. Hopefully though, he will pick up soon and who knows, if we can get Donovan in January as well, we might start putting together enough results to give us the confidence to finish the season strongly.

the only downside now is I expect us to lose on Saturday and with the top 7 already 7 points beyond us, with the shite playing tonight, we will need to beat the teams above us more often than we lose in the second half of this season to have any hope of getting Europe. that or win the F.A. Cup dry.png

Zaha of Palace was very impressive against Man Utd reserves the other night, but honestly the only transfers I see coming in in January are of the Vellios/Gueye young foreigners ilk. If there is any money to spare, unless its over £3 million, which I doubt, I'd rather see it invested in nailing down the talent we already have at the club by offering them some good contracts - Barkley as mentioned, for instance, and offering Drenthe in particular a good multi-season contract to get him nailed down. For the fans, it's actually hard to know where our priorities should lie in terms of bringing players in, because I personally feel like I don't know what we have at our disposal with the likes of Gueye, Stracqualursi, Barkley, Vellios and Mustafi still rather unproven, and more importantly, what we will have at our disposal in 6-12 months time - will Drenthe still be around? Will Ross have broken into the first team? Will the likes of Saha and Cahill have found some form and shown they still have a significant role to play here?

I'm sure David Moyes has a good idea what we need at the club and will invest accordingly, although I don't see much exciting transfer activity in January.