IGNORED

Money available

Finn balor

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can but Moyes said he's got to earn a contract here which makes it sounds like we'll wait til the end of the season.

Seriously Rom, are you that optimistic? i reckon it means, "you attack too much son, therefore i can't offer you a contract, defending is our priority here" and we sit in horror as he lines up for the shite or spurs next season.

Zaha of Palace was very impressive against Man Utd reserves the other night, but honestly the only transfers I see coming in in January are of the Vellios/Gueye young foreigners ilk. If there is any money to spare, unless its over £3 million, which I doubt, I'd rather see it invested in nailing down the talent we already have at the club by offering them some good contracts - Barkley as mentioned, for instance, and offering Drenthe in particular a good multi-season contract to get him nailed down. For the fans, it's actually hard to know where our priorities should lie in terms of bringing players in, because I personally feel like I don't know what we have at our disposal with the likes of Gueye, Stracqualursi, Barkley, Vellios and Mustafi still rather unproven, and more importantly, what we will have at our disposal in 6-12 months time - will Drenthe still be around? Will Ross have broken into the first team? Will the likes of Saha and Cahill have found some form and shown they still have a significant role to play here?

I'm sure David Moyes has a good idea what we need at the club and will invest accordingly, although I don't see much exciting transfer activity in January.

I agree with this. The small glimpses of these players that we have seen suggest they could be good Premier League players but the truth is we simply dont know, because we havent seen enough. Its potentially exciting but it is also a little bit worrying.

http://www.nsno.co.u...-january-funds/

Er, Bill said there would be money, so there must be...!

For Kenwright to come out and say that a few weeks back there has to be something in it, he is going to look like a prize twat if we don't bring anyone in and i don't see how he could dare show his face again at the club, but with Blue Bill we never know

I'm trying not to aim too high, so i'd be after Carlton Cole. Think he could do a job, wouldnt be so expensive.
Bobby Zamora, Shane Long, Kevin Doyle, Carlton Cole, Dirk Kuyt, Emile Heskey, Kevin Davies, Mackail Smith - all moyesy strikers. Ther only one I like is Long. Zamora and Doyle would play to our style too but they need a partner.

All of those name, except Long, make me angry

Look out for Moyes on 1st Feb saying we didnt have money until late in the window, it didnt give us enough time to plan what we wanted to do.

First, we'll hear him saying we're looking at players, then that it's hard to sign players in January but we're doing all we can, then that we need to have patience, then not to get our hopes up, THEN we'll hear there was no money til too late in the window.

One of two things will happen:

1- moyes will go in with a late bid for an £8m striker, unfortunately we were pipped to it by another club.

2- we will actually spend £10m on a striker but fellaini, barkley or rodders will be gone in summer.

Basically, read the accounts. We ain't got a pot to urinate in, we are in serious serious trouble. Someone please buy us.

I'm feeling lazy and I thin you are by far the most realistic person here so I would appreciate one of your posts, ya.

Oh shit, Haf has brainwashed him. huh.png

It's started.

I now have visions of Zombiesque blue noses trying to smash my pub window as I hide, trembling, under the drink counter, watching Mike stuff himself with the free crisps and Pork Scratching.ohmy.png

Oh shit, Haf has brainwashed him. huh.png

It's started.

I now have visions of Zombiesque blue noses trying to smash my pub window as I hide, trembling, under the drink counter, watching Mike stuff himself with the free crisps and Pork Scratching.ohmy.png

Do not underestimate the powers of the hafmeister, king kongs got f'all on me!

Edited by Hafnia