IGNORED

David Moyes

He has been approached by Atlético Madrid according to Spanish TV host Josep Pedrerol.

http://www.interecon...-moyes-20111219

IF it's true and thats a big IF, then things could get very interesting, thats a big job in terms of spanish football, and lets face it, we are going nowhere fast, Moyes would look quite unambitious(career wise) if he rejected a formal offer for a team like Athletico imo. Edited by theprisoner

I'm not sure Atletico are greater than Everton - although possibly doing better in recent years.

Maybe, just maybe, Moyes sees himself like Ferguson and wants to be around for 25 years with amazing success etc. It's not looking likely to happen though.

I think an Arsenal or United would tempt him, but I can't see Atletico catching him.

Edited by BlueSky

Lots of interesting rumours around. If we are going to be bought will moyes want the opportunity to spend money? Will he be threatened with increased expectations? Will the new owners have their own man in mind to spend the money?

Whatever happens, moyes will always have our gratitude.

Moyes definitely deserves our gratitude but he is not a high calibre manager (imho). People rise to the level of their incompetence. He's now found his. You can put this down to the money he'd not had or you can put it down to him. I favour the latter. That in way denigrates what he's done (which is considerable), just to say that i don't think he's the guy to take us forward. All we're wishing for is progress - on the pitch - and, based solely what's going on there, I don't think he's got anything left to offer us (his tactics are sterile, predictable, defensive, negative, uninspired, baffling at times, clueless at others). I'd drive him to the airport.

Edited by formby

Anyone can build a squad with a lot of money.. under Moyes' reign we've overspent on wages (in comparison to income), it's not noticed because Moyes' final position finishes are favourable compared to other clubs final positions and their wage expenditure.

The problem is in the future, Everton will have less money to spend (because of the debt levels and rising wages) and will, in my opinion struggle in the short to long-term.

Atletico have chosen David Moyes

Spanish tv presenter Josep Pedrerol has claimed Atletico Madrid have contact Everton over the appointment of David Moyes as their next manager.

200px-Muricy_Ramalho_Brasileiro_20068-150x150.jpgAtletico Madrid have had an awful opening half to the season and sporting director Jose Luis Perez Caminero has revealed this week that the club are considering replacements for current coach Gregorio Manzano.

Former Liverpool and Valencia coach Rafa Benitez has been linked along with names such as Diego Simeone, Radomir Antic and Juande Ramos.

But TV presenter and Spanish journalist Josep Pedrerol has claimed the club have contact English side Everton to discuss terms with David Moyes.

Pedrerol claimed Scottish coach Moyes is the preferred choice and that talks have begun between Atletico and Everton.

Moyes definitely deserves our gratitude but he is not a high calibre manager (imho). People rise to the level of their incompetence. He's now found his. You can put this down to the money he'd not had or you can put it down to him. I favour the latter. That in way denigrates what he's done (which is considerable), just to say that i don't think he's the guy to take us forward. All we're wishing for is progress - on the pitch - and, based solely what's going on there, I don't think he's got anything left to offer us (his tactics are sterile, predictable, defensive, negative, uninspired, baffling at times, clueless at others). I'd drive him to the airport.

Formby, that is the kind of comment I always fail to relate to.

Tactics are one thing. Being able to utilise tactics is another. My tactics could be admirable, but if they include having to knock out Mike Tyson, and my prize fighting attack force is Ronnie Corbett or Derek Trotter then I'm going to be in for a long night.

Fair enough, but let me ask you this: do you think he's really getting the most out of our squad? Do you consider them all Corbetts and Trotters? Have we any decent players who aren't being used properly, do you think? And consider this, if he had money to spend, do you think his tactics would be any different - would he spend wisely? - or would he choose players that would fit into his system?

I don't like his system (though I confess it has served us well at times). I think we need something (someone) else.

I'm from Spain, the channel which announce this rumour (Intereconomia) lies a lot and says the things what they want. In Spain the favourite number 1 for the Atletico's vacant is the well-known Rafa Benitez. I don't believe the Moyes rumours to Atletico, will be a step back, because La Liga team's level is worst than Premier League, so is better for Moyes to stay at Everton.

I'm from Spain, the channel which announce this rumour (Intereconomia) lies a lot and says the things what they want. In Spain the favourite number 1 for the Atletico's vacant is the well-known Rafa Benitez. I don't believe the Moyes rumours to Atletico, will be a step back, because La Liga team's level is worst than Premier League, so is better for Moyes to stay at Everton.

Thanks for the post Marky, always interesting to see how the inhabitants of the countries of which these rumours originate stand.

i heard a rumour he was leaving but not to madrid,and we are getting paul lambert only rumour though.

If it's from the same place that said Jags had been sold to Arsenal and Owen was nailed on coming here I feel confident what you've heard is a load of old shite rofl.gif .

Edited by Romey 1878

We see with our own eyes every how risk adverse and defensive Moyes is - he won't even play two strikers, and likes subbing on Dustbin for the one that is left on the pitch...

Bearing this in mind can you really see him giving in his safe ticket here, packing it all up to go and live in Spain with a club that is historically been quite unstable (Yes, Jesus 'Mad as a bottle of crisps' Gil, I'm thinking of you). Plus, the current Atlético President is a silvery haired, bespectacled famous Cinema Producer - can't see Moyes falling for a luvvy like that...

I hope he stays and I'm sure he will. He may move to another UK club, but a move at Atlético? Would be totally out of character for the man.

there was no fitness doubts over artetta,jags was injured and there was rumours about his knee again,he was missing friendly games and as we all know it took jags a whileto get his fitness back.

You're telling me that there was no need for Arteta to have a medical even though he'd had the same injury as Jags? Bullshit. They'd have been nervous about that, any club would be. So if they were willing to bypass a medical for Arteta then I doubt your reason for them not getting Jags rings true at all. Jags has had a toe injury since the beginning of the season but was still playing for us, so if he could play for us then he could play for Arsenal.

I'd just be inclined to think the rumour you'd heard was totally false.

I think the replies on GOT say a lot about our fans. We really do have some shitbags supporting us.

There's hundreds (probably thousands) of people who post comments about our club/manager on the interweb. It's inconceivable to think some of them are not kopites shit stirring.

mark you may be right we are talking rumour,but one thing that is fact is we need a class striker and i would sell any of our defenders to get one even baines.

Baines should be untouchable, it'd be unthinkable to let him go. He's our only left-back and pretty much our only creative outlet. Without him we've got nothing, our players constantly look to him to make something happen.

I'd sell Jags if his stock was high again, Distin wouldn't fetch much of a fee, and I wouldn't sell Heitinga because he's the only one at the back who can play it on the floor and bring the ball out of defence.

Edited by Romey 1878

Baines should be untouchable, it'd be unthinkable to let him go. He's our only left-back and pretty much our only creative outlet. Without him we've got nothing, our players constantly look to him to make something happen.

I'd sell Jags if his stock was high again, Distin wouldn't fetch much of a fee, and I wouldn't sell Heitinga because he's the only one at the back who can play it on the floor and bring the ball out of defence.

Totally agree

It would be completely counter productive because we would then have to buy at least one LB if not two to replace Baines, probably some money would be skimmed off towards the bank and so we might end up with an extra couple of grand for a forward who would then get no supply as our only creative player had already been sold