IGNORED

David Moyes

There's hundreds (probably thousands) of people who post comments about our club/manager on the interweb. It's inconceivable to think some of them are not kopites shit stirring.

Nah mate. They're not reds. Just shit heads. I posted there for a long time. It was decent back then. Now it's acquired a dark side.

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/40256-Moyes-to-Atletico-Madrid

If Moyes did go we have to ask realistically who would come here? They would know the situation with our finances and there would be no money for changes and the likelihood of having to sell the best players at the club.

There are not many prepared to take that on unless they were out of work, managing a division 1 or 2 side or just not very good.

I hope Moyes stays because I fear whatever might replace him wont be fit to lick his boots

If Moyes did go we have to ask realistically who would come here? They would know the situation with our finances and there would be no money for changes and the likelihood of having to sell the best players at the club.

There are not many prepared to take that on unless they were out of work, managing a division 1 or 2 side or just not very good.

I hope Moyes stays because I fear whatever might replace him wont be fit to lick his boots

That's where I stand as well.

I have a lot of issues with Moyes, I don't think he's good enough to take us further and I think he could do better with what he does have at his disposal, but I'm not sure any one else would come in and take us further either. I do, however, think they could also do better with the players we have.

That's where I stand as well.

I have a lot of issues with Moyes, I don't think he's good enough to take us further and I think he could do better with what he does have at his disposal, but I'm not sure any one else would come in and take us further either. I do, however, think they could also do better with the players we have.

Better the devil you know situation really.

Maybe if we had 50 mill a new manager could come in and freshen things up but we havent.

Like you I criticise often enough, our reluctance to play 2 up front etc etc but at the end of the day we are lucky to have him

I think the replies on GOT say a lot about our fans. We really do have some shitbags supporting us.

I'm pretty sure all clubs have the same. I have a mate who supports united, hes followed them around the world for about 15 years, hes been to three champions league finals and seen them win two, and he has moaned about fergie for as long as i remember, and ive know him since just before fergie got the job (we were babies though)

Moyes has had money, this argument is so tiresome now.

Yes but if we had kept Rooney and Lescott how much would he have had then?? Yes hes had money but when you look at the talent that left to provide that money then no he hasnt had much. Were crying out for a striker willing to run himself into the ground for the club wouldnt it have been nice to have had Rooney here?

Yes but if we had kept Rooney and Lescott how much would he have had then?? Yes hes had money but when you look at the talent that left to provide that money then no he hasnt had much. Were crying out for a striker willing to run himself into the ground for the club wouldnt it have been nice to have had Rooney here?

Sorry, but i just don't buy this, i think the question should be more about how has he spent the money in the best way?

eg: take Fellaini, he cost £15m, now for that price we could have had 2 £7-8m players rather than 1 £15m, which would have increased numbers, not much i grant you that, but still 2 players as supposed to 1, and as good as he is, it was a lot to spend on someone of that age for a club like us. Also there is everyones favourite scapegoat Bily, why the hell did Moyes spend £10m on a player who clearly is not a wide man yet was bought to do that job, we can't afford those kind of mistakes, it comes down to either, poor scouting or poor judgment on his part

Whilst i agree he has not had BIG money to spend, but then outside of the top 4, what manager has? but he has had money over the years, its more about how he has spent it, but then to his credit, he bought in players like Cahill and Arteta fairly cheap.

Moyes has had money, this argument is so tiresome now.

I can't agree Pris.

He has had to sell to buy. Compare the clubs above us in the spending stakes, and it's clear to see how difficult it would be to try and compete.

If all managers had the same team, I think Moyes would manage them as good as the next.

I can't agree Pris.

He has had to sell to buy. Compare the clubs above us in the spending stakes, and it's clear to see how difficult it would be to try and compete.

If all managers had the same team, I think Moyes would manage them as good as the next.

i think he has, like i said in the above post, its more about how you spend it, if you have a small squad it makes sense to buy 2 players for a smaller price, and £7-8m would get you a decent player, than spend £15m on one, just my thoughts

i agree that he has not had big sums, but then who has though

This question arose last year and many people mentioned Coyle as a replacement, are those people still of the same thought or do we stick with David Moyes.

Charlton are deffo sorry that they didnt stick with Alan Curbishley, 15 years in charge and a promotion to the premier where he kept them as a respectable mid table team for 10 years, he left in 2006 and they quickly plummeted out of the prem and also out of the championship into the wilderness of the 3rd tier by 2009.

Similarities ?? It could be the very same scenario here if DM went, Better the devil you know.

Edited by Bill

Sorry, but i just don't buy this, i think the question should be more about how has he spent the money in the best way?

eg: take Fellaini, he cost £15m, now for that price we could have had 2 £7-8m players rather than 1 £15m, which would have increased numbers, not much i grant you that, but still 2 players as supposed to 1, and as good as he is, it was a lot to spend on someone of that age for a club like us. Also there is everyones favourite scapegoat Bily, why the hell did Moyes spend £10m on a player who clearly is not a wide man yet was bought to do that job, we can't afford those kind of mistakes, it comes down to either, poor scouting or poor judgment on his part

Whilst i agree he has not had BIG money to spend, but then outside of the top 4, what manager has? but he has had money over the years, its more about how he has spent it, but then to his credit, he bought in players like Cahill and Arteta fairly cheap.

Compared to Moyes every single one of them

Felli is a quality player and if a club like us is going to make that kind of outlay then he was exactly the right kind of age ie we either get years of service out of him so value for money or we sell for a big profit

Bily has played out wide for Russia on numerous occasions so that argument doesnt really stand up and surely even the biggest Moyes critic would have to admit that whilst he hasnt got every transfer right, what manager in the history of the game has, his recored is pretty impressive

i think he has, like i said in the above post, its more about how you spend it, if you have a small squad it makes sense to buy 2 players for a smaller price, and £7-8m would get you a decent player, than spend £15m on one, just my thoughts

i agree that he has not had big sums, but then who has though

In 10 years, how often has a player cost big money?

Moyes has a reputation of buying players cheaply, and promoting from within. Is that history now to be unrecognised because of Bily and Fellaini?

I do think he's had panic buys - kroldrup, wright, bily.

On the whole his dealings have been sound. Find his use of players frustrating at times - felli should not venture any further forward than defensive mid. Get up for set pieces and that's it.

Looking forward to tomorrows game, I hope all the clear learnings to have been taken from the last 3 games will be applied:

Cahill, Saha and Neville dropped, drenthe, straq and Barkley play.

Compared to Moyes every single one of them

Felli is a quality player and if a club like us is going to make that kind of outlay then he was exactly the right kind of age ie we either get years of service out of him so value for money or we sell for a big profit

Bily has played out wide for Russia on numerous occasions so that argument doesnt really stand up and surely even the biggest Moyes critic would have to admit that whilst he hasnt got every transfer right, what manager in the history of the game has, his recored is pretty impressive

im just trying to look at it logically though, when you have a small squad, it makes sense to buy 2 players rather than spend loads on 1, not that its been a mistake, it has'nt, but it's common sense imo.

im just trying to look at it logically though, when you have a small squad, it makes sense to buy 2 players rather than spend loads on 1, not that its been a mistake, it has'nt, but it's common sense imo.

Hasn't he done that though Pris?

Arteta

Cahill

Neville

Baines

Jags

Distin

Hibbert

Osman

Rodwell

Saha

Mucha

Coleman

etc etc to name a few.

You can see where I'm going with this surely? What about all the loans over the years too?

Hasn't he done that though Pris?

Arteta

Cahill

Neville

Baines

Jags

Distin

Hibbert

Osman

Rodwell

Saha

Mucha

Coleman

etc etc to name a few.

You can see where I'm going with this surely? What about all the loans over the years too?

yeah if you look at the original post i made, i mentioned Cahill and Arteta, and tbh i can't have Hibbert, Mucha,Coleman, or Neville the rest have all been excellent i do agree, its just my opinion at the end of the day, you have yours, i have mine smile.png Edited by theprisoner

Nah mate. They're not reds. Just shit heads. I posted there for a long time. It was decent back then. Now it's acquired a dark side.

http://www.grandoldt...Atletico-Madrid

I'm not gonna accuse any sites, or any posters, but if anybody thinks there's not at least 3 kopites who have managed to pass themselves off as blues on EFC boards/forums, then they are delusional; it happens [especially with unemployed people.]

I see more reds on a daily basis in the 'real world' who say we'd be "fucked without Moyes" than I see internet blues expressing the same sentiment. Coincidence? Or has broadband/smart phones just elevated [in their own minds] the 'radio phone in brigade.'?

Unfortunately some people can not make their opinions eloquently and they give the impression that they are on the wind up. Moyes has been great for us, but needs to kick on and evolve, Av trusts him to do that, and I admire his loyalty and hope he's right. I just can't contain my annoyance at matches that we have seen of late where his decisions have been baffling.

Look across the park, the 'King' prefix to Kennies name will be dropped if he wastes money, turns out some poor team set ups etc etc. Its the way football fans are.

Charlton are deffo sorry that they didnt stick with Alan Curbishley, 15 years in charge and a promotion to the premier where he kept them as a respectable mid table team for 10 years, he left in 2006 and they quickly plummeted out of the prem and also out of the championship into the wilderness of the 3rd tier by 2009.

Similarities ?? It could be the very same scenario here if DM went, Better the devil you know.

Excellent example. Well said Bill.

Unfortunately some people can not make their opinions eloquently and they give the impression that they are on the wind up. Moyes has been great for us, but needs to kick on and evolve, Av trusts him to do that, and I admire his loyalty and hope he's right. I just can't contain my annoyance at matches that we have seen of late where his decisions have been baffling.

Look across the park, the 'King' prefix to Kennies name will be dropped if he wastes money, turns out some poor team set ups etc etc. Its the way football fans are.

So you think the internet is full of genuine people?

Wake up! it's the biggest shit filled, fraudulent agenda place known to mankind.

Or are you gonna tell me you believe everything you read on the internet?

So you think the internet is full of genuine people?

Wake up! it's the biggest shit filled, fraudulent agenda place known to mankind.

Or are you gonna tell me you believe everything you read on the internet?

No I didn't say that, I said some people struggle to make their opinions eloquently. Ironically enough.

Your opinion? You said eloquent posts... have a look back at, at least half of yours!

I think in your eagerness to point score you've missed the context of what I was saying. Just re-read the past 8-10 posts to understand the topic rather than "oh it's haf, let me pick my side and get a dig in cos he hates bill etc etc"

Not engaging in petty tit for tat stuff. I'm making a relevant point, get over with what you see my political stance is and just read posts for as they are.

I think in your eagerness to point score you've missed the context of what I was saying. Just re-read the past 8-10 posts to understand the topic rather than "oh it's haf, let me pick my side and get a dig in cos he hates bill etc etc"

Not engaging in petty tit for tat stuff. I'm making a relevant point, get over with what you see my political stance is and just read posts for as they are.

The moment you mention people failing to put their point over eloquently it's pot kettle - in whatever context.

You have posted very uneloquently - okay they've improved recently and you make some valid points but I believe this change has come on the back of your 'kipper-style' posting at times getting a little tiresome.

You got a little 'excitable' initially with first paxgate then the BU and I think you played on it a little but you seemed to have calmed down a little.

Edited by c1982

The moment you mention people failing to put their point over eloquently it's pot kettle - in whatever context.

You have posted very uneloquently - okay they've improved recently and you make some valid points but I believe this change has come on the back of your 'kipper-style' posting at times getting a little tiresome.

You got a little 'excitable' initially with first paxgate then the BU and I think you played on it a little but you seemed to have calmed down a little.

I make posts relevant to what I believe in, not to counter the individual who is making the posts.

So why do you? I've noticed that you do that alot and yes it does create the "clique" pick sides mentality. I personally don't subscribe to that. But thanks for the year end appraisal though, mentioning my conflict with pax etc is not relevant, He got extreme with several people - and was out of order - eventually getting banned.

I've never been personal or rude to a forum member, nor do I seek out their posts to "continue my campaign of disagreeing with them"

I make posts relevant to what I believe in, not to counter the individual who is making the posts.

So why do you? I've noticed that you do that alot and yes it does create the "clique" pick sides mentality. I personally don't subscribe to that. But thanks for the year end appraisal though, mentioning my conflict with pax etc is not relevant, He got extreme with several people - and was out of order - eventually getting banned.

I've never been personal or rude to a forum member, nor do I seek out their posts to "continue my campaign of disagreeing with them"

You've glossed over the whole point I posted on, eloquence!!!

I'll get some examples up for you tomorrow if you want? (can't now, am posting on my phone).

You'd be right in saying I disagree in most of what you say and I see you as a bit of a novelty - mainly because of the tone many of your posts - it was as if they were copied a pasted off kipper - I go on there for nonsensical rumours, I come on here for intelligent chat about the team I love.

When I spotted eloquence in you post, I spat my tea out hence picking you up on this - it's a bit like Suarez fronting the 'kick out racism' campaign!