IGNORED

Barkley video interview

Louis

The problem I believe is this: moyes has his changing room leaders, nev deffo is one, as too is Cahill (jags and ossie too) He needs their influence - if that comes at the price of playing them then I'm afraid sell them.

He has his work hard first ideals, I get that - not at the price of genuine game changing talent.

Thats the bit I dont get Haf, Neville is one of Moyse's favourites and he doesnt make the starting XI when everyones fit so how can he be guilty of "only playing his favourites"?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/12/30/howard-kendall-ross-barkley-will-be-worth-the-wait-for-everton-fc-fans-100252-30032108/

Personally I agree with Howard Kendall with regards to Barkley

He goes on to say they got things absolutely right in the past with Rooney, rodwell and vellios. In the case of Rooney and rodwell he didn't.

He played Rooney far less than he should have done and often out of position. Rodwell started in his best position and played brilliantly - he then moved him out wide?! Then his form crashed and it's taken some time for his confidence to return.

He goes on to say they got things absolutely right in the past with Rooney, rodwell and vellios. In the case of Rooney and rodwell he didn't.

He played Rooney far less than he should have done and often out of position. Rodwell started in his best position and played brilliantly - he then moved him out wide?! Then his form crashed and it's taken some time for his confidence to return.

Lol Moyes playes Rooney in midfield and he is an idiot, Sir Alex does exactly the same and he is a genius!

I ask, only as there must be a reason why he isn't being played. If he was good enough, or fit enough, or mentally ready, surely Moyes would play him. The fact he 'isn't' being played suggests there is a reason. Barkley must be happy with the situation, as he has just signed a contract. We need to trust Moyes a bit more.

OK, I'll own up. I'm Howard Kendall. laugh.png

http://www.liverpool...00252-30032108/

Edited by Avinalaff

Lol Moyes playes Rooney in midfield and he is an idiot, Sir Alex does exactly the same and he is a genius!

Is SAF a genius for playing Rooney in midfield? He did it recently when he was missing carrick, cleverly, fletcher and had more than enough strikers. And at that it was against a lesser European opposition.

Moyes did it despite us having no decent strikers and at an age where Rooney had not become the finished article in his best position.

Rooney IMO will end his career in a Scholes type role. He certainly shouldn't have played left midfield as a 17 year old when he already was bullying centre halves.

Edited by Hafnia

Is SAF a genius for playing Rooney in midfield? He did it recently when he was missing carrick, cleverly, fletcher and had more than enough strikers. And at that it was against a lesser European opposition.

Moyes did it despite us having no decent strikers and at an age where Rooney had not become the finished article in his best position.

Rooney IMO will end his career in a Scholes type role. He certainly shouldn't have played left midfield as a 17 year old when he already was bullying centre halves.

He has played Rooney in midfield for years in exactly the same way as Moyes did, pretty sure England have used him on the left as well

He has played Rooney in midfield for years in exactly the same way as Moyes did, pretty sure England have used him on the left as well

Ferguson has certainly played him all across midfield, but he is by far best as a striker. Too many times when he was played out wide he didnt have enough influence on the game (albeit it was to get Ronaldo on the ball more) just like the Cl final against Barca (the first time).

I dont think he handled Rooney badly at the time, but I also wouldnt say he got the most out of him.

I would argue that he has wasted Rodwell a lot. He did and maybe even doesnt know what his best position is and he moved him all over the place. Still dont understand why he was played wide right on more then one occasion with other options available???

• 4 months later...