IGNORED

Is It Time To Cash In?

With the signing of Gibson, some suggestions are that it's a potential replacement for Rodwell, is it possibly time to cash in on one of the big names and pay the bank some more and give Moyes a bit of room in the market, say a Rodwell,Barkley,Felliani, Jags or Baines?

It would be out of Rodwell or Barkley if i had to pick one i think.

Yeah, except Jags isn't worth $20m like it seems everyone on the board and Moyes have valued him at. He's worth 12-15 tops. He's nearly thirty, has been in poor form lately, and is coming off an injury.

If we could get big bucks for Jagielka then I would say sell him seeing as his form has dipped lately. I'd also sell Rodwell too as I think it's only a matter of time before people realise he's an over-rated youngster and refuse to pay big bucks for him, I'd ship him off as soon as we can and sign someone decent who I am slightly confident could be Gibson. I'm pretty pumped about him to be honest and I don't see where all the negative press is coming from...

I can't wait to see him in a royal blue shirt.

We should keep hold of at any cost:

Rodwell, Barkley, Felliani, Baines

We should sell for the right price:

Jags, Heitinga, Osman, Hibbert, Coleman, Howard

We should look to sell for whatever we can get to raise funds (transfer fees and reduced wage bill) to rebuild:

Distin, Saha, Cahill, Bilyaletdinov, Anichebe, Mucha, Yobo, Neville

We should be looking to bed in to the first team:

Gueye, Duffy, Baxter, Vellios, McAleny, Garbutt

We will be losing at the end of the season (or earlier)

McFadden, Drenthe, Straqualursi, Donovan, Hanneman

We should be looking to bring in:

Cheap, young, hungry players who are good enough to do a job now and with the potential to improve the team.

We should not be looking to bring in:

Loans (they eat up what little funds we have, develop players for other teams while hampering our own players development, and are very short sighted), players approaching there twilight years (there is no re-sale value, again very short sighted).

The way I see it we are at a cross roads now, either Moyes decides to sell to raise funds to rebuild a squad that can maybe once again challenge for europe or even higher, or he continues to try and tread water and keeps faith with his old players who have served him well in the past and we eventually and inevitably sink to the bottom of the league or further.

Edited by BoroBlue

Boro the only problem is that if we sold we would never re-build as such as the Board would plunder the money back to the banks and other debt's so we are pretty much stuck in a rut...

That is the only trouble I have with Everton selling key players, we never really seem to replace them quickly enough and we will go for 12-18 months with large holes in our team. As if stands now you could say we haven't replaced Pienaar or Arteta (I know this could probably be argued and off the top of my head it might seem a poor argument) but I just get the feeling that at Everton all the money we get from players gets sent to the bank and we end up signing £1,000,000 players and loan deals.

sell howard? who would you replace him with?

Selling Howard is a crazy idea.

We should keep hold of at any cost:

Rodwell, Barkley, Felliani, Baines

We should sell for the right price:

Jags, Heitinga, Osman, Hibbert, Coleman, Howard

We should look to sell for whatever we can get to raise funds (transfer fees and reduced wage bill) to rebuild:

Distin, Saha, Cahill, Bilyaletdinov, Anichebe, Mucha, Yobo, Neville

We should be looking to bed in to the first team:

Gueye, Duffy, Baxter, Vellios, McAleny, Garbutt

We will be losing at the end of the season (or earlier)

McFadden, Drenthe, Straqualursi, Donovan, Hanneman

We should be looking to bring in:

Cheap, young, hungry players who are good enough to do a job now and with the potential to improve the team.

We should not be looking to bring in:

Loans (they eat up what little funds we have, develop players for other teams while hampering our own players development, and are very short sighted), players approaching there twilight years (there is no re-sale value, again very short sighted).

The way I see it we are at a cross roads now, either Moyes decides to sell to raise funds to rebuild a squad that can maybe once again challenge for europe or even higher, or he continues to try and tread water and keeps faith with his old players who have served him well in the past and we eventually and inevitably sink to the bottom of the league or further.

Pretty spot on. I still have a fool's faith in Anichebe, but I'm more and more hoping he's in the shop window.

sell howard? who would you replace him with?

Selling Howard is a crazy idea.

Don't get me wrong Tim Howard is a great goalkeeper, I am not saying we could easily replace him or improve on him without spending money, but the point I was trying to make was this:

The club has no money, we can't afford to allow players to play out their careers here and eventually lose them for nothing when we could sell them early for a fee and replace them with that fee.

Tim Howard is nearly 33 years old, right now he is in his peak and still young enough to command a reasonable fee, in 3 years time he will be nearly 36 and while his ability may not have declined due to his age his value certainly will have.

Lets say we sell him in the Summer for £10million, the banks take half and we are left with 5mil to buy a new keeper.

Lets say we sell him in 3 years for £2million, the banks take half and we are left with 1mil to buy a new keeper.

Lets say we release him in 6years time when his top flight career comes to an end, we have no money to buy a replacement and the banks put pressure on us to sell another player.

I know which one of these scenarios I would choose. I don't pretend to know what replacement goalkeepers are available, what age Howards ability will decline or what his value is in the current market but this is just an example to illustrate a point.

you won't get 10m for howard

I know which one of these scenarios I would choose. I don't pretend to know what replacement goalkeepers are available, what age Howards ability will decline or what his value is in the current market but this is just an example to illustrate a point.

I refer you to my previous post

http://www.teamtalk....ance-to-be-mint

Interesting read, couldn't agree more either. Its time to stop making excuses and waiting for a rich investor to throw us a lifeline, and start rebuilding the squad and making the best of what we have.

I tended to agree with the comments about the article more than the article itself