Liverpool (H)...Tim Howard

Manchester City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Brom (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wigan (H)...Tony Hibbert

Aston Villa (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Blackburn (A)...Tim Howard

Sheffield United (H)...Ross Barkley

QPR (H)...Ross Barkley

Donovan, for that pass to Vic. Completely destroyed the Villa back-line with that through ball.

The reason for my vote also.

The pass through from Landon to Vic was something to be admired and it's something which I have been crying out for all season. We always seem to pass the ball sideways rather than playing through balls and look what it got us - a goal. My MOTM although there was some nice appearances from Gibs and Vic (especially with the way he slotted the ball past Given).

I don't understand how Duffy has managed to get two MOTM votes considering he was at fault for their goal. I'm not having a go at the lad because he is only young but surely giving Aston Villa a goal which put us on the backfoot eliminates him from being a MOTM contender? Maybe it's just me being harsh, I thought Shane had a good game and can hold his head up high but I really can't understand how he was better than the likes of Landon Donovan and Victor Anichebe.

I don't understand how Duffy has managed to get two MOTM votes considering he was at fault for their goal. I'm not having a go at the lad because he is only young but surely giving Aston Villa a goal which put us on the backfoot eliminates him from being a MOTM contender? Maybe it's just me being harsh, I thought Shane had a good game and can hold his head up high but I really can't understand how he was better than the likes of Landon Donovan and Victor Anichebe.

hes got 2 votes ya crying baby.......and them to votes prob came from me and noddy! lol................ donavan was motm! get over it.

I don't understand how Duffy has managed to get two MOTM votes considering he was at fault for their goal.

As Mark said....two Duffy family members = two votes for Shanewink.png .

Wasnt it Baines who stood ten yards of the player and allowed him a simple cross, ?

It wasnt just down to one man, i thought Duffy looked comfortable TBH, but deffo not MOTM.

I agree, very harsh to say he was at fault, I don't think he thought the ball was going to reach him.....but not MOTM.

hes got 2 votes ya crying baby.......and them to votes prob came from me and noddy! lol................ donavan was motm! get over it.

If my £5 first goal and £5 anytime goalscorer came in he would have had a vote off me every game this season, Givens save from Saha - nearly in the right place.

Tidy performance, the headed clearance probably took him by surprise as Heitinga was covering his view, all in all a solid 7/10 from me, Donovan nudged it with an 8/10.

I was actually considering voting for Duffy because he had a really composed first game and i thought he was better than heitinga!!! Also, i didnt think the goals was completely his fault, from what i could remember both the central defenders were at fault. However, i just could not, not vote for donovan as he had a cracking game

Two men - Fellaini and Heitinga - failed to deal with the initial ball and Shane had to awkwardly try and deal with it as he saw it late. It was just unfortunate that he happened to have left Bent in doing so and Phil Neville was unable to get across in time. Essentially, there appears to have been a mix up between Fellaini and Heitinga whereby the two men were on one man, attacking the ball). Recipe for disaster.

Edited by Noddy

Two men - Fellaini and Heitinga - failed to deal with the initial ball and Shane had to awkwardly try and deal with it as he saw it late. It was just unfortunate that he happened to have left Bent in doing so and Phil Neville was unable to get across in time. Essentially, there appears to have been a mix up between Fellaini and Heitinga whereby the two men were on one man, attacking the ball). Recipe for disaster.

Noddy don't get too into it, all the people that are sensible and watched the replay know that it was not shane's fault.

Some will just argue for the sake of it so just post what you think and don't worry too much about the people that are adamant to go against your ideas.

Oh I'm not too into it and I wouldn't absolve Shane of responsibility if I thought he was at fault.

I watched the replay over and over this morning following having read comments that Shane should have done better for the goal and that it was his fault.

But this is football. Mistakes are to be expected - I remember describing Richard Dunne as "Dunne-key" in his early days for example, but he's proven himself to be one of the best defenders Ireland has ever had, not to mention one of the best in the Premier League.

Edited by Noddy

Oh I'm not too into it and I wouldn't absolve Shane of responsibility if I thought he was at fault.

I watched the replay over and over this morning following having read comments that Shane should have done better for the goal and that it was his fault.

But this is football. Mistakes are to be expected - I remember describing Richard Dunne as "Dunne-key" in his early days for example, but he's proven himself to be one of the best defenders Ireland has ever had, not to mention one of the best in the Premier League.

To be fair I thought it was a comedy of errors. Drenthe was at fault for giving the ball away cheaply in the first place then as you say Felli and Johnny got in a bit of a mess and Shane had to come accross and try to deal with it leaving Bent free inside the six yard box in the process

I do think that he was partly to blame but Im sure he will learn from it and all in all ha had a steady game

Wasnt it Baines who stood ten yards of the player and allowed him a simple cross, ?

It wasnt just down to one man, i thought Duffy looked comfortable TBH, but deffo not MOTM.

To be fair I thought it was a comedy of errors. Drenthe was at fault for giving the ball away cheaply in the first place then as you say Felli and Johnny got in a bit of a mess and Shane had to come accross and try to deal with it leaving Bent free inside the six yard box in the process

I do think that he was partly to blame but Im sure he will learn from it and all in all ha had a steady game

That's where I'd lay the blame. Let them come right back at us as we should have been moving out. Defenders could always do better when a goal is scored, but if I'm DM that goal doesn't lie with Duffy.

The passing that Donovan brings is quite incredible. Not that it's brilliant every time, but simply that we haven't a single senior member of our permanent squad who can do that. Scary.