IGNORED

The: If we had money at the right time, we could have signed that player who has been awesome...

Hafnia

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.

I stole this off Thomas Jefferson by the way, but its true. We have many years of a footballing club to come, be excited, i know its difficult but try!

I like the idea of that, but the current board are feeding us on cheese before bed and the nightmares are horrendous. We want warm milk and we want it now.

We can add Dempsey:

Moyes: "We tried to get him at the same time as Fulham but we didn't think the valuation was right.

"He's been up and down but he's done well.

"I don't think he's been on the tip of everybody's tongue all the time but he has been steady at Fulham and is certainly scoring a few goals at present."

• 4 months later...

Good job I wasn't eating..

I was thinking just then about the Das Bost player in Holland we missed out on, he went eventually to a German club I think, but there was some rumors going about a few months ago and some excitement that was short lived and in the end we missed out. What I mean is, if we had came in at an earlier time before the club that benefited from him so well, and snapped him up I think it could have worked quite well for us, he was so prolific I remember. Also someone mentioned Bent, if we could have brought him in about 2003/04, I think he would have done quite a job for the team. I think in the end he went to Charlton Athletic before Sunderland eventually, he was a very good forward a few years ago, better than he is today I truly feel.

I get that a lot too. mellow.png

hasn't nobody mentioned Henry, I can't remember where Arsenal signed him from (about 1999) but in hindsight and looking back if we could have come in if possible with the funds available and made a purchase, it could have been very interesting. Maybe it wouldn't have worked as well for the frenchman at Goodison as North London, but even so, I don't suppose we will ever know.

I get that a lot too. mellow.png

hasn't nobody mentioned Henry, I can't remember where Arsenal signed him from (about 1999) but in hindsight and looking back if we could have come in if possible with the funds available and made a purchase, it could have been very interesting. Maybe it wouldn't have worked as well for the frenchman at Goodison as North London, but even so, I don't suppose we will ever know.

Sure it was for about £10m from Juve. Why didn't we scout Messi as a teen? shaking fist.png

I don't know about that, Liverpool would have spotted his true potential before Moyes would, and taken him off our hands after one season for about £2,000,000 and Dirk Kuyt in part exchange. He seems suited at Barcelona though, one of the worlds best players at the one of Europes best teams, real pity he's not on show at the Euro 12 games really.

I don't know about that, Liverpool would have spotted his true potential before Moyes would, and taken him off our hands after one season for about £2,000,000 and Dirk Kuyt in part exchange. He seems suited at Barcelona though, one of the worlds best players at the one of Europes best teams, real pity he's not on show at the Euro 12 games really.

Think it would have been a scout rather than Moyes - I was dicking about anyway!