IGNORED

Saha out, Pienaar in

car2tref

I'm in two minds about this one tbh I really wasn't to fussed if He came back or not but a little part of Me is excited about it.

I think (if he starts) for Me it's more the case of getting the most out of Baines which since Pnut left We haven't seen. If He comes in and ignites the old partnership again I'd be very happy but I'm doubtful that will happen.....

Pioneer is quality, i think certain clubs or styles of play suit players. Peanuts was never going to oust Bale or Lennnon on the wings and unfortunately for him the player most like him is better (Modric) I think he regrets going for an extra £10 grand a week reportedly but he may have felt that he was worth the same money that Arteta was getting and i cant blame him for that. At the time Peanuts was our most effective player and him and Leighton were superb. With him being close to 30 a permanent deal will depend on the money Spurs are asking but they only bought him for £2.5 and maybe they will cut there losses make a quick mill say and they have Saha? Welcome back Peanuts

who said he is a footballin god?

jesus

Then how come he's our most effective player this season?

So what if he runs into people. Ronaldo runs into people all the time as well. That's just their style of play. It's what's going to happen from time to time when yo're constantly looking to take people on.

Thought Romey was on about Pienaar. Apologies

That said Drenthe and Pienaar are very similar players, with Pienaar basically the same style of player without the end product

I have to be honest i never really liked Pienaar for some reason, i just don't know why but something about the way he goes about his game etc i hate, he left us when we we're doing well so what was that about? i don't trust him and i'd rather have Drenthe anytime permanently..

Its not that bad really Mark (apart from a coupl eof players) our average age, I mean. MOst are under the average of 28.

Jelavic (26) Stracqualursi (24) Vellios (20) Anichebe (23) Baxter (20)

Fellaini (24) Rodwell (20) Barkley (18) Drethe (24) Coleman (23) Gibson (24) Osman (30) Pienaar (29) Gueye (21)

Howard (32) Mucha (29) Jagielka (29) Heitinga (28) Duffy (20) Hibbert (30) Baines (27)

I'd be completely against that. Moyes said not long ago he needs to get the age of the team down again, so buying a 30 year old would be crazy. May as well just piss that money up the wall.

Good point sad.png

I really like Pienaar but looking forward, it probably wouldnt make sense for us to spend what little money we have on a 30 year old. Damn you Romey... shaking fist.png

Its not that bad really Mark (apart from a coupl eof players) our average age, I mean. MOst are under the average of 28.

Jelavic (26) Stracqualursi (24) Vellios (20) Anichebe (23) Baxter (20)

Fellaini (24) Rodwell (20) Barkley (18) Drethe (24) Coleman (23) Gibson (24) Osman (30) Pienaar (29) Gueye (21)

Howard (32) Mucha (29) Jagielka (29) Heitinga (28) Duffy (20) Hibbert (30) Baines (27)

I didn't say I thought the squad was getting old (I do think it though tbh), it's what Moyes said. And spending money on a 30 year old when we need to watch every single penny just isn't a smart move, IMO.

I didn't say I thought the squad was getting old (I do think it though tbh), it's what Moyes said. And spending money on a 30 year old when we need to watch every single penny just isn't a smart move, IMO.

SOrry, my post wasn't in argument, just highlighting against what Moyes had said :)

And StevO, I agree...safe bet, knows the players around him, can gel in the short time he's here etc

• 6 months later...