IGNORED

Saha out, Pienaar in

car2tref

Confirmed on both Match of the Day and on the official website. Pienaar is back!

It makes me happy this because Baines has missed Stevie, our left wing is not the same without him and I can see us really picking up the pace in the league now from the injection of Steven (not to mention Jelly). Does anybody know if its a 'loan with an option to buy?' because if it is then that would make the deal all the more sweet.

Barkley has Pienaar's old number (20) so will he taken Billy's 7 or his current 40?

Drenthe will be a bench player until Donovan goes home then. I see that as a good thing.

Dont agree its good that Pienaar is back but its just going to make drenthe feel unwanted and even though people will disagree I dont think we would have won tonight without him. not only that its not like we have to pay a fee surely tell the lad we want him and get him in it cant do our small squad harm, he does give the ball away but I cant remember a player who actually wants to be on the ball and has a bit of composure, thats what we lack alot of the time not only that he's got to be the quickest player we have in a team which lacks speed.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Dont agree its good that Pienaar is back but its just going to make drenthe feel unwanted and even though people will disagree I dont think we would have won tonight without him. not only that its not like we have to pay a fee surely tell the lad we want him and get him in it cant do our small squad harm, he does give the ball away but I cant remember a player who actually wants to be on the ball and thats what we lack alot of the time not only that he's got to be the quickest player we have in a team which lacks speed.

If anything i think its cover for when Donovan goes back to the US havent heard anything regarding Coleman, so Drenthe and peanuts should be first choice wingers after Donovan leaves. I like Drenthe, i thought he did look a bit of a liability in the first half, but i thought he did well second half, just think he needs to learn when to pass and when to run at people.

Dont agree its good that Pienaar is back but its just going to make drenthe feel unwanted and even though people will disagree I dont think we would have won tonight without him. not only that its not like we have to pay a fee surely tell the lad we want him and get him in it cant do our small squad harm, he does give the ball away but I cant remember a player who actually wants to be on the ball and has a bit of composure, thats what we lack alot of the time not only that he's got to be the quickest player we have in a team which lacks speed.

I see where you're coming from, but for me Drenthe is a bit of a sword without a hilt. Can be lethal for or against us. Makes it hard to play him 90 minutes when you just know he's going to do something stupid and only might do something brilliant. I like the idea of having him come off the bench and change things and would love for him to develop his game from tricks to football.

As to composure, I'd say that's one of his biggest weaknesses, can't make up his mind so ends up running at players until something happens, good or bad. Players with composure know what they want to do and execute it.

...he does give the ball away but I cant remember a player who actually wants to be on the ball and has a bit of composure...

I don't think he's composed at all....I think he's a headless chicken. Occasionally something comes off as it did tonight (thirty seconds after he'd given the ball away again) but he needs to seriously increase his success rate if he's going to be anything other than a late roll of the dice.

I don't think he's composed at all....I think he's a headless chicken. Occasionally something comes off as it did tonight (thirty seconds after he'd given the ball away again) but he needs to seriously increase his success rate if he's going to be anything other than a late roll of the dice.

Do you think if we signed him permanently it might give them more time to mould him into the type of winger we need?

Would be cheaper (free) than buying someone else.