IGNORED

Saha out, Pienaar in

car2tref

Brilliant, am so glad that peanut made it, I lost faith in the middle there when he was sat on the Spurs bench, what a fantastic transfer window, I just hope that they can now pull back together as a team, there's a lot of fitting in to do and every match needs to be won to get away from the other mobs( teams) following us up the table!

I see where you're coming from, but for me Drenthe is a bit of a sword without a hilt. Can be lethal for or against us. Makes it hard to play him 90 minutes when you just know he's going to do something stupid and only might do something brilliant. I like the idea of having him come off the bench and change things and would love for him to develop his game from tricks to football.

As to composure, I'd say that's one of his biggest weaknesses, can't make up his mind so ends up running at players until something happens, good or bad. Players with composure know what they want to do and execute it.

I agree with this, it is a significant problem, but if Drenthe did have a better footballing brain he could be an unbelievable player. I suppose this failing is why he is at Everton rather than still at Madrid. There is so much potential there though, and I would love for him to sign on permanently.

Do you think if we signed him permanently it might give them more time to mould him into the type of winger we need?

Possibly....there are many better judges than me aroundbiggrin.png .

But I can't see it personally (he's also permanently a red card waiting to happen with some of his "tackling" back).

As ever....be delighted to be proved wrong.

I see a lot of pple crowing about a good day for Everton, congrats to BK etc etc, but I can't help feeling these are just stop-gap transfers. Have a look - all our creative players are now loan players, who are gone come season end. Looking long term, we need permanent signings. I admit, we've done very well today with what we have - but is it too little too late for Euro qualification this year?

Possibly....there are many better judges than me aroundbiggrin.png .

But I can't see it personally (he's also permanently a red card waiting to happen with some of his "tackling" back).

As ever....be delighted to be proved wrong.

Biggest surprise for me is he hasn't missed a game due to suspension yet.

He's worth signing like others have said purely to make a profit on. Good impact player, but ultimately an idiot.

I see a lot of pple crowing about a good day for Everton, congrats to BK etc etc, but I can't help feeling these are just stop-gap transfers. Have a look - all our creative players are now loan players, who are gone come season end. Looking long term, we need permanent signings. I admit, we've done very well today with what we have - but is it too little too late for Euro qualification this year?

14 point gap from Chelsea which is doable unfortunately Arsenal/Liverpool wont drop as many points though. However we'll probs finish 7th, so hopefully get a Europa spot. Never no we may even do it via the Fa cup :D

Drenthe has been sent off twice in a 136 game professional career so far, so I don't think that's such a problem.

I think people have already made up their mind about him and now see things according to that bias. He defended well yesterday; he lost the ball less than Baines, Cahill, Donovan, Gibson, Stracqualursi or Neville yesterday; he could easily have had another assist as well (the Stracqualursi header that got cleared off the line + compare the pace and effect on that ball to Donovan's wasted free kicks).

Drenthe has been sent off twice in a 136 game professional career so far, so I don't think that's such a problem.

I think people have already made up their mind about him and now see things according to that bias. He defended well yesterday; he lost the ball less than Baines, Cahill, Donovan, Gibson, Stracqualursi or Neville yesterday; he could easily have had another assist as well (the Stracqualursi header that got cleared off the line + compare the pace and effect on that ball to Donovan's wasted free kicks).

I was going off his time at Feyenoord, my first words on him when he joined the club 'dirty bastard' maybe I should swap them for over eager now he's a blue

Pienaar didn't look any good after he came back from a serious injury. no sharpness, pace... hope he recovers his form though

Don't remember him having much pace tbh, what I do remember him having is the ability to always be able to pick a pass and great at beating his man, hope he's as good as when he left though.

This... Im very surprised by some of the reactions in here. Everyone has been harping on about creativity, pace, attacking ability and then when he arrives they want hardworking, less risk taking & better defensive ability. Madness.

Everyone has been harping on about creativity, pace, attacking ability and then when he arrives they want hardworking, less risk taking & better defensive ability. Madness.

Don't want "hardworking, less risk taking & better defensive ability," just want my creativity & pace to come with a brain that knows how to use it.

This.

My gripe with him is that he more often than not fucks up because he's absolutely braindead.

Careful Romey, he's a footballing god to many on here who dont let the small matter of him not being able to pick a pass or score a goal get in the way of how great he is.

Careful Romey, he's a footballing god to many on here who dont let the small matter of him not being able to pick a pass or score a goal get in the way of how great he is.

Then how come he's our most effective player this season?

So what if he runs into people. Ronaldo runs into people all the time as well. That's just their style of play. It's what's going to happen from time to time when yo're constantly looking to take people on.

Then how come he's our most effective player this season?

So what if he runs into people. Ronaldo runs into people all the time as well. That's just their style of play. It's what's going to happen from time to time when yo're constantly looking to take people on.

careful Steve_E he's a footballing devil to many on here who dont let the small matter of him gettin assists an goals get in the way of how shit he is ;)

Don't want "hardworking, less risk taking & better defensive ability," just want my creativity & pace to come with a brain that knows how to use it.

Unfortunately they very rarely come together, especially in a player that we are able to get our hands on.

He is still young and has plenty of maturing to do, but I think he has it in him to adapt and would take a punt on that. Even if he doesnt change, he will still get us as many goals/assists as any other midfielder in the squad.