IGNORED

Rangers could file for administration

I type in proper English. I leave the colloquial language to when I am speaking to my fellow countrymen.

I dislike text talk or typing in an accent in general. The closest I come to it is 'aye' or 'ma man'.

Whenever I watch Dragons Den I have to put up subtitles whenever Bannatyne is on, I usually can't understand a word he's saying. mellow.png

Guest Nikica

Whenever I watch Dragons Den I have to put up subtitles whenever Bannatyne is on, I usually can't understand a word he's saying. mellow.png

Haha.

I have a very rough, broad accent, so people might expect I would type that way, but I have always enjoyed English and hence type properly.

I suppose I sound a bit 'neddy/chavvy', but I am far from being one.

• 1 month later...

Rangers will know their future by 4th July (whether they're in the SPL or not) - there's 8 out of 12 votes between them in or out (well 7 as I think Rangers will vote yes!)

What I want to ask, if anyone knows, is what happens to their players? I've read they could walk free from contracts at some point - is this true? Surely some will be sold regardless?

We've been linked to Naismith and Heggarty but there are one or two others who are decent - McGregor, Edu, Davis - maybe not for us but all would be premiership level players. Maybe Nikica could give us a run down on this?

I think if the whole of the SPL went out of business or disappeared into a black hole I would maybe feel indifferent about it. I used to take a bit of an interest in events north of the border but for years now it's been a non event and just got plain ridiculous such is the stranglehold of the two Glasgow clubs, It's like, the other participants should not even bother turning up, apart from the chance of a cup challege here and there.

I know, and realize, to many up there, it represents their weekly entertainment or they go along and take it in, but for the neutrals, or those looking on, we sometimes just feel totally indifferent about it, or there's a kind of apathy about it even. Glasgow Rangers are having some problems, we hope they can come back and resolve their issues, but ask yourself, if the very worst happened, or they went out of business completely like Third Lanark in 1967, would it really effect your day to day business or be the end of the world for many outside of Scotland?

Looking at this http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18556194 seems very unlikely they'll get the backing they need.

Only need five to vote against them; Dundee United and Hearts have already said they'll vote against and Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Motherwell & Inverness are asking their fans (which will surely mean a no). Be most interesting to see how Celtic vote (if the details are revealed).

I wonder how long it will take for the penny to drop with all the fans of the other Scottish clubs that are celebrating this decision that they've just signed their own death warrants?

I've been thinking that. Don't most of the Scottish teams rely on the Rangers and Celtic games to stay afloat themselves?

I've been thinking that. Don't most of the Scottish teams rely on the Rangers and Celtic games to stay afloat themselves?

Yep, and the SPL struggles to get good sponsorship money WITH Rangers in the league.

Plus, some of the other sides rely on Rangers'' away following for a big portion of their income. I read somewhere that Kilmarnock (I think) will need an EXTRA 1000 STH's to cover the loss of not having Rangers coming to play them.

Edited by Romey 1878

Yep, and the SPL struggles to get good sponsorship money WITH Rangers in the league.

Plus, some of the other sides rely on Rangers'' away following for a big portion of their income. I read somewhere that Kilmarnock (I think) will need an EXTRA 1000 STH's to cover the loss of not having Rangers coming to play them.

Seems a very stupid move by the clubs financially wise. Only hope they have is if the league opens up and attracts more fans to the other clubs. There's going to be a lot of Rangers fans looking for a new club to follow which may help. Still it's a very risky plan.

I don't care much for Glasgow Rangers, but for the benefit of their supporters up there, it's hard not to feel some empathy with the club. Rangers have been in existence longer than anyone can remember, and with a new name, lower league soccer and players out the door and fans at odds with each other, it's can't be a happy camp right now. They seem like the Scottish equivalent of Wimbledon FC a few years ago, without the ground relocation.