IGNORED

Rangers could file for administration

With a new name, lower division football, and a diminishing amount of players. They're going to struggle to keep all the fans onside and attending the games.

I can't see them losing many fans at all tbh. I think this whole situation will create a bit of a siege mentality and their fans will actually band closer together.

I can't see them losing many fans at all tbh. I think this whole situation will create a bit of a siege mentality and their fans will actually band closer together.

It could galvanize them like you say, but I can't see them sticking it out. TBH I'm surprised they have kept so many fans interested in a 2 team league, but to drop down to the third will be like playing pub teams every week. They may even have to dip into the pub teams for a few players to field a team themselves.

It could galvanize them like you say, but I can't see them sticking it out. TBH I'm surprised they have kept so many fans interested in a 2 team league, but to drop down to the third will be like playing pub teams every week. They may even have to dip into the pub teams for a few players to field a team themselves.

They may not have to start in the third division but if they do then you could be right about them finding it hard to hang on to some of their fans.

They may not have to start in the third division but if they do then you could be right about them finding it hard to hang on to some of their fans.

If they do go down to the third then they will be playing teams who have grounds that simply won't accommodate the Rangers fanbase, some of those lower league grounds in Scotland have one stand and then your leaning against a fence the rest of the way round the ground, so i have no doubt they will lose some fans, they will end up with a strong youth policy from it though as thats all they can really call from for a few years.

They won't have a lot of choice mate, some of those lower division grounds hold like 1000 max

I'm not saying they have a choice whether they can go to the away games or not, I just find it ridiculous that you're suggesting they'll lose fans just because they can't attend the away games.

God forbid it'd ever happen but would anyone on here go and support someone else (or give up football altogether) if we went into administration and dropped to league two...or even lower?

No, but if we had a City-esque takeover I would.

I'm not saying they have a choice whether they can go to the away games or not, I just find it ridiculous that you're suggesting they'll lose fans just because they can't attend the away games.

im not suggesting they will lose fans as such, but some will get fed up of trying to get tickets for away games and just stop going, not suggesting that they would stop supporting the club

You did say they would lose fans because of it.

I was talking in regards to the attendances, as that is what my post was about, i ve heard plenty of there fans on the radio in the last few days saying that they will support the team but probably won't go to the games anymore, sorry i should have maybe phrased it slightly differently :)

I've just read that 80% of Rangers' STH's think they should start in the third division. So I think they're well aware of the situation and are sticking with the club.

I've just read that 80% of Rangers' STH's think they should start in the third division. So I think they're well aware of the situation and are sticking with the club.

Good of them, they do seem very excepting of their fate. I'd expect that for the 1st year, but I can see the casual goers to dwindle throughout the season and the STH numbers falling after a year, then shooting back up once they're in the top division. If they don't get back to back promotions (possible as have lost most of their starters)... worst case scenario the league will have imploded by the time they make there way back up. Hard to see Ranger or Scottish football coming back from this.

Reckon that they will come straight up? If it was the Glasgow Rangers we knew then obviously they'd come shooting up winning every game but with all of their players leaving they could end up with a squad that is Division Three material.

Reckon that they will come straight up? If it was the Glasgow Rangers we knew then obviously they'd come shooting up winning every game but with all of their players leaving they could end up with a squad that is Division Three material.

I think they'll come straight back up....the name will still get them better players than the average lower league teams. Playing Queens Park at Hampden will be an interesting one though....no idea how much of the stands they use, can't be much....520 average attendance last seasonhuh.png .

Four artificial pitches in the league next year (that won't have any impact on their progress....just an interesting fact).

Glasgow Rangers desire of playing in England will shortly be fulfilled next season with two trips to Berwick..

The Old Firm derbies are perhaps the most intense in the UK, you can imagine the hostility and fire that goes with these events for those involved, mostly about sectarian bullshit, but I wouldn't like to be caught up in any of that. I still feel some kind of apathy to their plight, doesn't effect my business, but some kind of empathy is evident for the supporters, they are a big club in the UK, have some European pedigree, and for them to go into the 3rd division of Scots soccer, must be a hard pill to swallow.