IGNORED

Rangers could file for administration

Has the Scots season started already?, says 'Gers had a game with Peterhead and could only manage a draw...

I guess the SPL may be another week away or starts tomorrow, I feel genuine sympathy for all clubs involved. They may as well hand Celtic the title now and be done with it, could be the most one sided title season in a European league witnessed for years. Can't be much fun for the other teams involved, apart from the race for second place that is.

20 years ago, Glasgow Rangers started the season that culminated in being one game away from the European Cup Final, and now, the biggest success they can hope for is getting a promotion to the second division. Quite a rise and fall.

• 1 year later...
Guest blueboy122

:rofl: Talk in some Scottish papers about 'Sevco' aka The Rangers going into administration again. Possibly to be deducted 25 points, if it happens which will not affect them in their mighty quest to conquer the 1st Division aka Old 2nd Division. As they say 'There's no smoke without fire' :rofl:

You must miss the competition from them though?

Is there much difference in quality between the top league and the league Rangers are in. Life must be pretty shit without them your biggest competition is who Kilmarnock or someone?

You must miss the competition from them though?

Is there much difference in quality between the top league and the league Rangers are in. Life must be pretty shit without them your biggest competition is who Kilmarnock or someone?

Drives me up the wall on Sky at the minute. Yesterday they ran through the game Celtic won 4-0 and went on about how they had gone 15 games unbeaten...like its some achievement?

The league's a joke but i understand that you can only beat whats infront of you but it shouldnt get the coverage it gets, its pathetic.

:blush: Have to agree that the standard of football being in the SPL is pretty poor overall but you can only play and beat what put in front of you. Many Celtic season ticket holders (me included) miss matches due to the game and score line being predictable. No competition = No enjoyment :wacko:

The League Rangers are in is closer to Conference level as most of the teams are part time with plumbers, joiners, etc.. playing. Rangers being full-time and with some international standard players (debatable) can win their games reasonably easily.

We do need the competition and the weekly pressure to raise the standards and the 'look behind you' factor.

The reason Celtic and Rangers are covered by Sky and BT is solely due to the supporter base.

The thing that annoys me with the media coverage of EPL is the lack of respect shown to Everton. It's constant coverage of Man. U, Chelsea, Liverpool and particularly that :angry: diving little *******d :angry:. Its as if the rest of the league should pay :worship[1]: homage :worship[1]: to them and lie down and have their bellies rubbed. They seem to forget that Everton have beaten or drawn with them all ( except Man. City) but still they talk about Liverpool making top 4 and we're hardly given a mention.

Edited by Gypo

Be interesting to see how Rangers fare when they get back to the top level the season after next (which they inevitably will).....will it immediately go back to a two horse race or will they struggle against comparatively decent teams like Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee Utd etc....what do you think Gypo?

They'll have the financial backing by then and will 'purchase honestly' this time, players that will ensure they are fighting for top spot. They will probably drop some points to the

likes of Aberdeen (making big improvements), Dundee United, Hibs and Motherwell but will probably make second or third place on the first season back.

My only worry is when they come back the bigoted nonsense will start up again, as a high number of Rangers fans blame everyone else for their troubles and have threatened to

'sort out' the rest when they are back in the SPL. They have this belief that they are 'above' the rest and have a divine right to be at the top, a bit like your Merseyside neighbours.

Of course when Rangers get back to the SPL they'll be the main force once again, as like before, (with Glasgow Celtic) and although sides like those mentioned have done so much better with 'Gers omission, once the Ibrox side makes it back, it'll only be a short time before they establish themselves once again and go back to how it always was. If that entails further sectarian issues over the good of soccer then so be it, but those sides involved outside of Celtic, as it now stands, had better make the most of the opportunity to have a shot at the league title while they can.

Maybe even now the best they can hope for is a runners-up position without the menace of Rangers.

The SPL was a fun league, vibrant, exciting, say between 1980 - 1993 but it's been so fucking stale for so long with the only real two challengers. Don't expect (when they return) for things to be any significantly different.

They'll have the financial backing by then and will 'purchase honestly' this time, players that will ensure they are fighting for top spot. They will probably drop some points to the

likes of Aberdeen (making big improvements), Dundee United, Hibs and Motherwell but will probably make second or third place on the first season back.

My only worry is when they come back the bigoted nonsense will start up again, as a high number of Rangers fans blame everyone else for their troubles and have threatened to

'sort out' the rest when they are back in the SPL. They have this belief that they are 'above' the rest and have a divine right to be at the top, a bit like your Merseyside neighbours.

i wouldn't be surprised to see Dundee doing well next season, if they sell off their 3 starlets for (comparative)mega money.

The thing that annoys me with the media coverage of EPL is the lack of respect shown to Everton. It's constant coverage of Man. U, Chelsea, Liverpool and particularly that :angry: diving little *******d :angry:. Its as if the rest of the league should pay :worship[1]: homage :worship[1]: to them and lie down and have their bellies rubbed. They seem to forget that Everton have beaten or drawn with them all ( except Man. City) but still they talk about Liverpool making top 4 and we're hardly given a mention.

It's ironic that you say this mate, given that Rangers and Celtic are treated in exactly the same way up here. It's called being the biggest media draws in the country. I agree that it's very wrong but fans of Kilmarnock, Hibs etc would simply say you're a hypocrite. Granted the SPL teams don't compete with Celtic like Everton do with Liverpool, but my post does apply to the points you make about 'worship' and 'homage'.

And yes, I am a Rangers fan. Before you accuse me of being a "knuckle-dragging, Royalist loving, bigoted hun who wants to wade in fenian blood" you should know I'm far from the stereotypical Rangers fan. There's a thread on one of these pages where I address it all. I am a tentative Rangers fan i.e. I find it hard to support the club due to my revulsion about the right-wing and bigoted agendas that many of the supporters espouse.

I'd probably have ignored this thread but, as I said, I found the irony of a Celtic (or Rangers) fan moaning about media bias to big English teams pretty funny.

Edited by Nikica

• 2 months later...
Guest Nikica

Do you think they'll make it to the top flight or enter administration again?

I'd expect administration again. Tbh the club deserves it - never ever learns its lessons. Wanks over the royals yet fiddles its taxes - you couldn't make up what a joke we are.