IGNORED

Liverpool (Away)

MikeO

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For three millions pounds a year, which on tonights evidence, could represent a bigger steal than the great train robbery, I don't know why we don't (as actual Everton supporters) write to the club and offer our services

Not to say we could do a better job of it, but by god would instill some motivation and belief out there. I'd loved to have given a team talk tonight, you know, going up against those beauts, express what it means to be an actual supporter, the importance and very essence of a Merseyside derby and feel the pain as much as everyone else on days like these after a serious setback. I don't think Moyes , well he doesn't, experiences it like that

If you went for a pint with that buffoon he would stop the night at 8:30 - he would base that decision on "I want to have a kebab and enough for a taxi - I'm down to my last £95 so I'm not gonna risk it"

The prick would be up at 5am counting his change.

Totally fucked off with him, and you all know I have been for quite some time. Is he going to blame Liverpools expensively assembled shite squad? Ours was more than a match for them.

Why are people being belligerent, I have been in attendance at a couple of games this season when able. This is just adding insult to injury

This is an Everton forum. I am an Evertonian supporter. Kindly refrain from the insults please

wouldn't take it personally tonight mate...mike and romey aren't ones to snipe or be shitty but i'd just allow for the shite mood we are all bound to be in

Moyes has his shortcomings, we knew that before tonight. The team selection was bizarre, and he didn't seem to give a shit after the match, he might have picked unfit players, (although to be honest I don't see how fit they have to be to jog a few yards in each direction for a while before passing to a Liverpool player), he played Anichebe and Pienaar out of position, and he obviously didn't scare the shit out of them at half time for the shocking first half, which he should have done, he has to take a large share of the responsibilty.

BUT, look at the respective line ups, compare, and tell me that in losing 3-0, our players haven't contributed with a shocking display that's let themselves, Moyes, and all of us down:

Reina v Howard

Kelly v Hibbert

Enrique v Baines

Carragher v Jagielka

Skrtel v Distin

Gerrard v Fellaini

Spearing v Rodwell

Downing v Pienaar

Henderson v Coleman

Carroll v Anichebe

Suarez v Stracqualursi

Apart from a few stand out players, the team we put out there, if they showed the desire that they should have shown, should easily have still been in the game by the 60th minute, for our actually threatening players to come on and try and swing it for us. This was clearly Moyes' strategy but the toothless performance from the players he picked isn't actually his fault. It isn't his fault that Pienaar missed a glorious chance to score, Pienaar and Fellaini both missed opportunities to create real chances in the first half, and our whole midfield couldn't pick a pass for shit.

I'm not trying to absolve Moyes of the blame, I'm incredibly fucked off at him, but both he AND the players let us down in equal measure tonight.

We have shown this season we can compete with the best, man city, Chelsea, first 45 v spurs, we have also shown we can play utter shite, last night, both games v QPR, Blackburn. So how come we can match the best, but not week in week out? It obvious that Moyes fears certain teams and when we play away. Why can't he see that when we play a fast tempo, hustling game, with players in the correct positions we win??? Surely I can be payed less than him, save the club a few quid, and maybe we will challenge for a European place!!

Just gone through our results this season, in my opinion I reckon we are 13 points of where we should be, I've taken into account the games we should have won on paper, Blackburn at the beginning, stoke home, Bolton home, a few draws, Norwich home, villa home blackburn home, Wigan away, QPR away. Games we should have drawn minimum, Liverpool home and away, (should beat them at home but i'll give the benefit of the doubt)newcastle away, and games we unexpectedly won, man city home, spurs, Chelsea. Now I'd rather have the the 13 points in the bag and lose to the 3 unexpected teams. We have to get the points we expect over the points we don't expect!!

Unfortunately Moyes has been here too long now - the decision making last night was sheer arrogance. His post match interview? quite clearly not the mindset of a manager of the 4th most successful club in England.

Sorry Moyes, Kenwright, Woods, Earl, we have had too much of this nonsense - i'm not gonna go down the route of "well let's see how Moyes does with money when Bill sells" - he will spend it on players and then have them play defensive, soak it up and try and steal one football.

Moyes next job isn't spurs or man united... it's Wolves or Blackburn - the perfect clubs for him. Clubs in need of stabilising, the ability to scrap ugly wins, earn valuable points, get them playing with 10 men behind the ball on a shoestring budget.

As for Kenwright and the board - you are a tired bunch of dinosaurs with no idea how to run a football club, you've stroked your own ego's for far too long at our expense. You have a manager there who I believe is a good man but we want a winner - you couldn't fund a winner so as politely as I can - please just get lost.

As for Kenwright and the board - you are a tired bunch of dinosaurs with no idea how to run a football club, you've stroked your own ego's for far too long at our expense. You have a manager there who I believe is a good man but we want a winner - you couldn't fund a winner so as politely as I can - please just get lost.

You can't blame the board for last night. Theres one man and 11 players that need to look at themselves.

You can't blame the board for last night. Theres one man and 11 players that need to look at themselves.

Not blaming them for last night J - blaming them for giving Moyes the excuse he needs to be so flaming negative and arrogant in his decision making. If moyes had a £10-£15m per year budget and he was turning out the dross we often see he would be well gone by now.

In some games recently Moyes has been tactically spot on and this has allowed us to beat some of the top teams in the league. In many more games he has been tactically shocking and this has led to some awful performances and results and I think the blame lies well and truly with him last night. I see this morning he is blaming 'defensive lapses' for the defeat, just hold your hands up Moyes and admit you got it terribly wrong.

Why make 6 changes to a winning team, none of which were forced by injury or suspension?

Why drop the form players in the side?

Why bring players in who haven't played for month and are physically and mentally not match fit/sharp?

Why change formation to play 2 up top in a derby match, a formation we are not used to playing?

Why play 2 defensive centre midfielders and 2 lumbering forwards that leave that a huge gap in between?

Why so you still insist on playing people out of position?

I would like to say that perhaps Moyes would learn something from last night, but if after 10 years he is still making these ridiculous tactical mistakes I aren't going to hold my breath. Heres hoping I weill be proved wrong. COYB.

Not blaming them for last night J - blaming them for giving Moyes the excuse he needs to be so flaming negative and arrogant in his decision making. If moyes had a £10-£15m per year budget and he was turning out the dross we often see he would be well gone by now.

To be honest and this is not directed at you, but I'm getting fed up with the 'Moyes hasn't got any money' or 'Moyes is punching above his weight considering he has no money' that everyone keeps saying!

Ok Moyes has done well on his budgets with the players he has bought and I applaud him for what he's done. But at the end of the day that has nothing to do with the fact that one week we can beat man city, play a tremendous 45 mins against spurs, yet play complete Bolloxs against QPR, Bolton, etc. It is soley down to tactics, formation and man management. We didn't have an injection of cash before the man city or Chelsea game did we?? No!! We played well, players where in their correct positions and the tactics where correct!!!

Why can't this be done week in week out?? The players are the same each week, so why can't the results be! It's got to be down to selections!